PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Livin' in the past : when do the tears stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
I've seen all the 3 Games to Glory DVDs, but never owned them before. This past week I bought the Glory box set with all three 3 Games to Glory, and they arrived in the mail this morning.

I rushed 'em into my office ripped open 3 Games to Glory I... and since I knew I had to get back to work as soon as possible since I'm swamped this week, I figured I'd just skip right to the end of Super Bowl XXVI, then watch the whole thing later tonight with the kids. I figured I could spend a few minutes reliving that amazing game then get back to work. I ended up having to shut the door to my office for 15 minutes so nobody would see the ridiculous tears streaming down my face. :D

Now, I'm a manly man... (stops typing to scratch crotch and spit)... I don't enjoy crying much, especially over something as silly as a football game from four years ago. So I gotta know... how many more times do I have to watch this thing before I can do so with a dry face? I know for a fact the wife will be merciless on me if she catches me crying over a friggin' football DVD after all the s#it I give her over crying at chick-flicks.

I still can't even read just the paragraph about the Patriots coming out of the tunnel en masse in SB36 without getting goosebumps.

I'm just awaiting delivery of the same DVD set, and I'm quite sure I'll cry.

I'd probably also cry if I watched a DVD of this year's Denver game mind you.

oldyeller2moviedvd.jpg

Here you go. Slip them inside the box for this movie. If anyone can't understand tears if you are watching this, you aren't but they don't know that, then they aren't human. That should take care of the problem until you get a grip on yourself.:rofl:

I don't tear up but I do have a tremedous feeling of pride and joy whenever I watch them.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I've seen all the 3 Games to Glory DVDs, but never owned them before. This past week I bought the Glory box set with all three 3 Games to Glory, and they arrived in the mail this morning.

I rushed 'em into my office ripped open 3 Games to Glory I... and since I knew I had to get back to work as soon as possible since I'm swamped this week, I figured I'd just skip right to the end of Super Bowl XXVI, then watch the whole thing later tonight with the kids. I figured I could spend a few minutes reliving that amazing game then get back to work. I ended up having to shut the door to my office for 15 minutes so nobody would see the ridiculous tears streaming down my face. :D

Now, I'm a manly man... (stops typing to scratch crotch and spit)... I don't enjoy crying much, especially over something as silly as a football game from four years ago. So I gotta know... how many more times do I have to watch this thing before I can do so with a dry face? I know for a fact the wife will be merciless on me if she catches me crying over a friggin' football DVD after all the s#it I give her over crying at chick-flicks.

I'm not saying I'm so macho that I haven't cried over stupid things before but why would you tell this story to a bunch of strangers on an Internet message board? At first I was kind of disturbed that you bothered to share this with everyone but then I just busted out in laughter to the point where I was actually crying myself. In my opinion, this was the best post ever. Thank you.

PS Oh, my advice to help you stop crying would be to turn on the news some night and watch how a teenage girl was kidnapped and murdered by some monster and then maybe you'll stop blubbering over a football game. I love football as much as anyone and can even understand crying right after it happened but four years later in your office? Come on now. Reality is calling. You should try giving it a listen.

patriotsrule said:
PS Oh, my advice to help you stop crying would be to turn on the news some night and watch how a teenage girl was kidnapped and murdered by some monster and then maybe you'll stop blubbering over a football game. I love football as much as anyone and can even understand crying right after it happened but four years later in your office? Come on now. Reality is calling. You should try giving it a listen.
Being emotionally tied to the Pats (or any other "escape") does not preclude one from caring about real-world events or from being tied to reality.

Who are you to tell our extremely emotional friend when it is acceptable to cry? Immeditaly after is OK, but not 4 years later? How about 2 years later? 1 year? What is your cut-off date?

And why are you even on this board if you're so tied to reality? Why aren't you doing something more serious like looking for Osama Bin Laden or Nicole Simpson's murderer?

patriotsrule said:
I'm not saying I'm so macho that I haven't cried over stupid things before but why would you tell this story to a bunch of strangers on an Internet message board? At first I was kind of disturbed that you bothered to share this with everyone but then I just busted out in laughter to the point where I was actually crying myself. In my opinion, this was the best post ever. Thank you.
A) You're not all strangers here, I've got some friends here too.

B) You busted out laughing? Then you answered your own question, that's WHY I posted it. (Did you really think I stopped typing to scratch my crotch in the middle of the post?) There's a lot of angst on the board right now, why not offer up a giggle at my own expense. The fact that I still well-up with tears at the sight of that kick at the end of the game... well it makes me laugh at myself. And why should I have all the fun when you all can laugh at me too? :D

patriotsrule said:
Heh. Why would I want to depress myself? I try to avoid negativity (except here, where it's almost unavoidable ;) ) It's just not good for yer brain. I'd rather have tears of joy over something silly than bombard my subconscious with depressing reality. It's not my reality. I moved from the big city to the end of the earth for that specific reason, I was sick of the hate and fear in the big city. We had a murder here last year, it was the first one in almost ten years. I'm a happy boy.

Patjew said:
Being emotionally tied to the Pats (or any other "escape") does not preclude one from caring about real-world events or from being tied to reality.

Who are you to tell our extremely emotional friend when it is acceptable to cry? Immeditaly after is OK, but not 4 years later? How about 2 years later? 1 year? What is your cut-off date?

And why are you even on this board if you're so tied to reality? Why aren't you doing something more serious like looking for Osama Bin Laden or Nicole Simpson's murderer?

O.J. did it. Next question. Or do you have a story about how you watched game 7 against the Yankees today and had to call in sick for work because you were crying uncontrollably and couldn't drive?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
A) You're not all strangers here, I've got some friends here too.

B) You busted out laughing? Then you answered your own question, that's WHY I posted it. (Did you really think I stopped typing to scratch my crotch in the middle of the post?) There's a lot of angst on the board right now, why not offer up a giggle at my own expense. The fact that I still well-up with tears at the sight of that kick at the end of the game... well it makes me laugh at myself. And why should I have all the fun when you all can laugh at me too? :D

Heh. Why would I want to depress myself? I try to avoid negativity (except here, where it's almost unavoidable ;) ) It's just not good for yer brain. I'd rather have tears of joy over something silly than bombard my subconscious with depressing reality. It's not my reality. I moved from the big city to the end of the earth for that specific reason, I was sick of the hate and fear in the big city. We had a murder here last year, it was the first one in almost ten years. I'm a happy boy.

You mean I posted that image of Old Yeller for nothing? I was crying my eyes out just looking at it.

He died at the--- I can't go on

PATSNUTme said:
You mean I posted that image of Old Yeller for nothing? I was crying my eyes out just looking at it.

He died at the--- I can't go on
Thanks though, the wife would never buy it. That's why she'd give me hell about it, she knows I laugh at things like other people crying over Ol' Yeller. :D

patriotsrule said:
O.J. did it. Next question. Or do you have a story about how you watched game 7 against the Yankees today and had to call in sick for work because you were crying uncontrollably and couldn't drive?
No, that was game 4. And I'll be sure to consult with you before I decide how to feel about something. You may want to chill out a bit.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Thanks though, the wife would never buy it. That's why she'd give me hell about it, she knows I laugh at things like other people crying over Ol' Yeller. :D

Last time I show my sensitive side on this board, I'll tell you that. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Willie gone and I havet o have the image of Old yeller in my head now. This is a sad day.

Oh well, worried about the wife giving me a hard time for nothing. Aparently it takes a while to reset my well-up meter. After dinner popped it in the DVD player with the kids, and got nothin' but a spine shiver when the kick sailed through this time.

Musta been because I haven't seen that Super Bowl in a long time before this morning. :)

Still the greatest Super Bowl evah.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Oh well, worried about the wife giving me a hard time for nothing. Aparently it takes a while to reset my well-up meter. After dinner popped it in the DVD player with the kids, and got nothin' but a spine shiver when the kick sailed through this time.

Musta been because I haven't seen that Super Bowl in a long time before this morning. :)

Still the greatest Super Bowl evah.

Glad you are happy. I can't get poor Old Yeller out of my head.

They had to = you know= him at the end.:(

T-ShirtDynasty said:

No worries, I cry everytime I watch them too! I get all goose bumpy when Tommy spikes the ball and Adam comes out on the field in SB36, then I cry harder when Lawyer tosses BB into the air! For SB38, I get goose bumpy when the Carolina player says they left Tom too much time on the clock, I start crying when the kick goes through and Gil is yelling "We're Super Bowl Champions, AGAIN!" The killer for me is SB 39 when BB and his dad get dunked and Tedy grabs BB! I also cry at the ground ball that won the WS for the Sox and when Schilling toasts the team with his champagne bottle!

This is why we are fans and why we love these guys so much! This is also the reason it is so heart breaking to see these Super Bowl heroes leave!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft