PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Live by the Favre, Die by the Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.
............ and Favre leads the league in INTs. What does that say?

That Favre beating out Jay Cutler and Matt Cassel for the Pro Bowl is a travesty that shows the Pro Bowl voting for the farce it is.

Dunno.
I predicted 9 Jets Ws at best. But where I was also off was saying at the end of pre-season that we'd be 8-8 at best with Cassel at QB. Had Gaffney, Watson, Thomas, and yes Moss not developed dropsies and penchants for penalties we'd already be 12 win AFCE Champs playing for a Bye with Cassel at the helm. My bad. At least I was in the staunch minority here vocally insisting that Cassel would NOT be cut and was the #2 QB.

Jenkins et. al. improved the Jets 1st 2/3rds of the season, then fell apart, exposed by BB. Maybe the fat boy's got one more in im.

Yeah, the Jets never really figured out how to use Favre in my opinion. They bounced back and forth with strategies that worked only for short bursts. What they should have done is put the offense in Thomas Jones and Leon Washington's hands because they were far more consistent and effective than Favre. When they were running great in the middle of the season, Favre played his best ball. The last four weeks they gave up running the ball and Favre tanked.

That Favre beating out Jay Cutler and Matt Cassel for the Pro Bowl is a travesty that shows the Pro Bowl voting for the farce it is.

Favre got in solely on name recognition. He is the third best QB in the division even with Brady on IR. If Edwards didn't have a bigger collapse than Favre did before he got injured, Favre would be fourth.

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.

No his play on the field says that. Favre is not the Favre of several years ago or even last year. He has the capability of playing like an All Pro for a handful of games, but he is a mediocre QB for most the season and he is a big reason why the Jets won't get into the playoffs.

His play on the field doesn't say it either. Look, you're confusing two different things. There's a difference between asserting that Favre has struggled in the past month and claiming that he's the reason the Jets won't make the playoffs. Favre (like Pennington, it should be noted) has seen his production dip in the past month. However, the reasons for this are not just related to his play any more than the reasons for Pennington's production drop are just related to his play.

BTW, Pennington is tied for third in fewest INTs by QBs who have started most of the year.

His play on the field doesn't say it either. Look, you're confusing two different things. There's a difference between asserting that Favre has struggled in the past month and claiming that he's the reason the Jets won't make the playoffs. Favre (like Pennington, it should be noted) has seen his production dip in the past month. However, the reasons for this are not just related to his play any more than the reasons for Pennington's production drop are just related to his play.

Am I confusing that Favre struggled at the beginning of the year too? Or at a stretch during the middle of the year too? Favre had six games with 2 or more TDs, 8 games with a QB rating under 75, seven games where he failed to get more than 200 yards passing, and six games where he had two or more INTs.

Favre had had two or three great games and maybe 3-4 more good games and the rest were clunkers. And it wasn't just the end of the season.

If Cassel had a year like Favre, people would still be calling for his head.

Here is his game log for this year and tell me all the great games he has had vs. his bad ones.

Brett Favre: Game Logs

I just hate Brett Favre so whatever. Go Jets!!!

"God, online pissing contests are really boring to read."

Agree 1000%; that said, avoid any threads with Deus Irae involved in them, he's one of those "I am always right and I always and I mean ALWAYS have to have the last effin word" type of guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft