PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Link to the Wilfork hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait so teams can actually film games, but only in specific locations?! Wow, too bad Goodell never really clarified that when the Pats were getting slaughtered by the media last year.

Don't be an idiot. Spygate is over. Most of the world has moved on. More often than not it isn't Patriot haters but idiot Patriot fans who reopen the stupid discussion. There was no need to clarify teams film games, the issue wasn't the filming of a game, it was the filming of a defensive coordinators.

Yet he wasn't suspended, by the Jester's own law and order Commissioner himself. Sucks to be you, but Goody Two Shoes Goodall decided it wasn't a punch and settled for a fine for what must have been branded unnecessary roughness away from the ball. I can live with being a Vince fan if you can live with the dirty Mawei (sp?) legacy of your own club. I'd say Vince is pretty clean when compared to Kevin.

I can admit Mawae was a dirty player and point out several things he did such as use a club on his hand as a weapon. You will be hard pressed to find anyone who will call Vince a dirty player around here with the evidence year in and out. Even if it wasn't a punch (which I believe it is), the QB was on the ground and defenseless. Im pretty sure big vince was afraid he would get up and strip the pats player with the ball :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. "Clear punch?" It could have been, but I'd need to slo-mo that a hundred times to gain some confidence in my assessment. Given that Goodall has only fined Vince, and it's a standard defender abusing the QB on an interception return, I seriously doubt it was a punch or Goodall would have gone ape on Big Vince.

well..its just my opinion . I bet if it was brady or cassel at the other end we would clearly feel differently about the video.

Don't be an idiot. Spygate is over. Most of the world has moved on. More often than not it isn't Patriot haters but idiot Patriot fans who reopen the stupid discussion. There was no need to clarify teams film games, the issue wasn't the filming of a game, it was the filming of a defensive coordinators.

You sound like an idiot (as usual) because you don't know WHY the Pats were really fined. They were fined because they were filming on the sidelines. A team can't film ANYTHING on the sidelines. The issue wasn't about signals, even though the media and opposing fans thought it was. A team can film ANYTHING (including signals) if they are in the proper location (enclosed area w/ roof overhead).

I can admit Mawae was a dirty player and point out several things he did such as use a club on his hand as a weapon. You will be hard pressed to find anyone who will call Vince a dirty player around here with the evidence year in and out. Even if it wasn't a punch (which I believe it is), the QB was on the ground and defenseless. Im pretty sure big vince was afraid he would get up and strip the pats player with the ball :rolleyes:

I define dirty player as a player who consistently employs tactics that risk unnecessary injury to other players, intentional or not. Wilfork has not shown this at all.

You sound like an idiot (as usual) because you don't know WHY the Pats were really fined. They were fined because they were CAUGHT filming on the sidelines. /QUOTE]

I fixed it for you.

Also, you two should ban yourselves for all the unnecessary name calling, and no, I don't care who started it.

Mawae's track record was just a tad longer then anything Vince may have managed. I've grumbled about play I felt was cheap from NE players in the past and I'm sure I'll note it in the future, but I'm not going to let this "incident" stampede me into branding Vince a dirty player especially when the Commish of the flag football league let's it stand with a fine - an unnecessary hit, yeh, seemed to be, but a "punch" or an "elbow?" Get me a better view because this one isn't conclusive by any "standard."

I define dirty player as a player who consistently employs tactics that risk unnecessary injury to other players, intentional or not. Wilfork has not shown this at all.

9850d70874_losman_11152007.jpg

Last edited:
You sound like an idiot (as usual) because you don't know WHY the Pats were really fined. They were fined because they were filming on the sidelines. A team can't film ANYTHING on the sidelines. The issue wasn't about signals, even though the media and opposing fans thought it was. A team can film ANYTHING (including signals) if they are in the proper location (enclosed area w/ roof overhead).

then why wasn't Manweenie fined for having TWO cameras on the sidelines(both end zones)? A number of teams filmed OUTSIDE the context of an enclosed space with a roof overhead, yet only the Patriots were virtually obliterated by Jetdell for it.

A) Ignore the word "consistently"
B) Show a picture of a hurt Losman on a hit that was borderline dirty at best. Wilfork beat the Center, was running toward Losman, and was tackled from behind. His momentum was going forward and he throw his elbow out towards Losman. His elbow started up at the waist and as he went down ended up at the knees.

It's patriot hate/dislike that makes you see this hit (and Wilfork for that matter) as dirty.

Lame. Defensible hit, imo, and moreover, you're just mad because the Bills are now in a position to WHIP the Jets with a better QB. :p

then why wasn't Manweenie fined for having TWO cameras on the sidelines(both end zones)? A number of teams filmed OUTSIDE the context of an enclosed space with a roof overhead, yet only the Patriots were virtually obliterated by Jetdell for it.

He came up with a lame excuse about having permission (which wasn't true) and that it was commonplace. The league didn't have any evidence on him so he weaseled out of any punishment.

what do you mean the league didn't have any evidence? There were hundreds of EYE WITNESSES. There were the two Rat clowns manning the cameras. There was Fatboy's own admission that he used them. How much more evidence do you need?

what do you mean the league didn't have any evidence? There were hundreds of EYE WITNESSES. There were the two Rat clowns manning the cameras. There was Fatboy's own admission that he used them. How much more evidence do you need?

PHYSICAL evidence, i.e. the tape itself. That's the only proof that anything is actually recorded.

I don't see any issue with posting a fake link as a joke.

but some people on this site will cry for days if certain people do it and then say "hey it's ok" if others do it.

Make up your minds about what's ok and what's not.

And i agree that workhorse is fine even though i hate his excuses for Dungy:D

As far as the Wilfork swing, I have no idea from that video,,
Besides who would punch a helmet with their bare hands??

How do you know it wasn't a swing in the air,, with Wilfork just yelling at the guy,,"How do like be knocked over on busted play"??

As far as the Losman hit being dirty , then why wasn't the Brady hit dirty??
In my mind both were an unfortunate part of the game.

Ok I don't see any "elbow" at all. All they show on ESPN is Cutler's hand hitting off Wilfork's helmet...so that warrants a $ 35,000 fine?

I don't see any issue with posting a fake link as a joke.

but some people on this site will cry for days if certain people do it and then say "hey it's ok" if others do it.

Make up your minds about what's ok and what's not.

And i agree that workhorse is fine even though i hate his excuses for Dungy:D

How's it going? Haven't seen you since I've been back.

How's it going? Haven't seen you since I've been back.

pretty good. im really busy lately and can't sit on here all day at work anymore.:D

i usually read Briz and Brady-to-Moss's posts and then go drink some draino and drive my car into brick walls to make myself feel better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case