PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Link to the Wilfork hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, it seems a little much to get all bent about.
If I were you, I'd leave in a huff and never come back. It would serve us right.

Don't forget to run after you ring those Hoosier doorbells. Then maybe you can order an anchovy and tuna pizza delivered to you teacher's house. Yuk Yuk.

Bye.

Last edited:
there is no link, everyone should know that already, its been in the papers and discussed in other threads. the only supposed film is from denver coaches.

and i thought the hockey prank was ok.

the rest is usual pre-game trash talk.

there is no link, everyone should know that already, its been in the papers and discussed in other threads. the only supposed film is from denver coaches.

and i thought the hockey prank was ok.

the rest is usual pre-game trash talk.

actually the PFW in Progress guys said that the hit was shown on NFLN when Schefter originally broke the story last weekend

If I were you, I'd leave in a huff and never come back. It would serve us right.

Bye.

mlyn211l.jpg

any press is good press, WH

hes right...some of u guys relax...

Just to set the record straight, workhorse, ryanthecolt, and a couple of others are not trolls. They have come here for quite a while and are always welcome. They do not post or behave in a trollish manner.

There is nothing on this thread that resembles trollish activity.

Please continue

Just to set the record straight, workhorse, ryanthecolt, and a couple of others are not trolls. They have come here for quite a while and are always welcome. They do not post or behave in a trollish manner.
A troll post is one that isn't serious, but is only designed to annoy people, usually from someone who is not a part of the group of the forum on which he is posting (i.e., a Colts fan posting on Patsfan.com). Go back and look at workhorse's first post. I can discuss football when people discuss football, but people have been free to let me know when I step over the line, and I will certainly tell fans of other teams when they do. Someone called it a troll post, and I agree.

You are certainly welcome to welcome Colts fans here. But you don't speak for me. I tolerate ones that behave as well as I would if I visited their website. I don't go to sites of other fans because

a) I can be a caustic SOB, and

b) my internet communicating skills (or rather lack thereof) exacerbate the problem caused by a) above.

Here I'm home and like a churlish relative, I am what I am. Roll your eyes if you want, but here I'm home and you can just deal with me.

But if I did go to other fans sites and started posting crap posts, or even posted the way I do here, I would expect them to ban me and it would serve me right. If I went to another fan's site, I would have to behave as if I were a guest in their house (which I would be, virtually), and since I know that isn't likely, I stay away from them. And I appreciate it when they do the same (stay away, or behave like a guest).

watching the game again now..i think it was the 2nd of the back to back penalties on wilfork which happened after the sanders pick and the espn cameras never showed the penalty except that wilfork was flagged after the play. Espn shows AD patting wilfork on the head like calming him down probably after whatever he did.

watching the game again now..i think it was the 2nd of the back to back penalties on wilfork which happened after the sanders pick and the espn cameras never showed the penalty except that wilfork was flagged after the play. Espn shows AD patting wilfork on the head like calming him down probably after whatever he did.
It looked like an interception return when NFL Total Access showed it tonight. Since it was coach's tape taken from the press box it was a little hard to see what, if anything, Vince did other than to block Cutler into the turf. Since Vince was credited with helping Cutler up after the play, I'm more inclined to consider this more sissyfication of the NFL coupled with Shanahan taking an opportunity to slip it to the Patriots after they abused his dirty, knee breaking O-line to buttseks his QB.

It looked like an interception return when NFL Total Access showed it tonight. Since it was coach's tape taken from the press box it was a little hard to see what, if anything, Vince did other than to block Cutler into the turf. Since Vince was credited with helping Cutler up after the play, I'm more inclined to consider this more sissyfication of the NFL coupled with Shanahan taking an opportunity to slip it to the Patriots after they abused his dirty, knee breaking O-line to buttseks his QB.

NFL Video Galleries

here its..around the 1 min mark.feel free to post is as another thread if it needs to be..i thought it was a clear punch the 2nd time after the knock down.

Last edited:
NFL Video Galleries

here its..around the 1 min mark.feel free to post is as another thread if it needs to be..i thought it was a clear punch the 2nd time after the knock down.
For once can all of you be unbias towards one of your own and say that was a blatant cheap shot. He swung at the QB's head when he was on the ground. That deserves a suspension

There is nothing on this thread that resembles trollish activity.

Please continue

No Bull***t. If I pass your test, that is much respect. I appreciate the statement. If I pass your test, I should pass all.

BTW, how ya been?

For once can all of you be unbias towards one of your own and say that was a blatant cheap shot. He swung at the QB's head when he was on the ground. That deserves a suspension

Actually, the question should be, can you put aside your bias and admit that while that video looks like he might have thrown a punch, it equally likely that he just threw his shoulder into Cutler as Cutler was attempting to get up from another block to the ground by a different patriot.

With all the other Bronco's around when that play happened, if Wilfork had actually "swung at the QB's head", don't you think there would have been some sort of reaction? You can't really tell from that clip what that reaction might have been, but it has been widely reported that Wilfork helped Cutler back up after the play and patted him on the (head it think).

To me, while it looks like it could have been a punch, from what I remember of the game and what has been reported about what happened after, I think it was probably just a shoulder or forearm to throw the QB back to the ground.

If you asked most of the defensive players in the league what they do after a turnover, I'd guess a very high percentage of them would say they look for the QB so they can hit him.

EDIT: I'm not defending the timing of the hit as it does appear to be late, just the severity of what he did.

Last edited:
NFL Video Galleries

Thanks for the link. "Clear punch?" It could have been, but I'd need to slo-mo that a hundred times to gain some confidence in my assessment. Given that Goodall has only fined Vince, and it's a standard defender abusing the QB on an interception return, I seriously doubt it was a punch or Goodall would have gone ape on Big Vince.

Yet he wasn't suspended, by the Jester's own law and order Commissioner himself. Sucks to be you, but Goody Two Shoes Goodall decided it wasn't a punch and settled for a fine for what must have been branded unnecessary roughness away from the ball. I can live with being a Vince fan if you can live with the dirty Mawei (sp?) legacy of your own club. I'd say Vince is pretty clean when compared to Kevin.

The video is Denver's coaches film. The TV cameras didn't catch it, so unless one of the Denver staff uploaded it to youtube you likely will not see it.

Wait so teams can actually film games, but only in specific locations?! Wow, too bad Goodell never really clarified that when the Pats were getting slaughtered by the media last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back