PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Levin: Tom Brady proves once again why he is the BEST....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my unbiased opinion. And yes, I've paid attention to their careers.

I've even heard (even from Patriots fans) that Tom is a system QB (exhibit A: Matt Cassel). Also, answer this: If Bledsoe doesn't go down in that game vs the Jets earlier that year, and with the team they had that year, would the Pats have won the superbowl with Bledsoe at the helm? IMO, yes.

With Cassell they were 5 games worse than they were with Brady the year before. That's a huge difference. And Bledsoe? You can't be serious, the same Bledsoe who had lost 19 of his previous 26 games and was awful to start 2001.

You've already shown that your not worth responding to any longer. You're either trolling or are incredibly ignorant with very little understanding of the game. Either way, not worth my time.

I don't know how anyone can call Tom a "system QB". How many O coordinators has he played for? Each system was different with the different coordinators and Tom was excellent in them all. This year is bringing a new system and Tom is killing it as well - so "system QB" is an inane label for Tom Brady.

This logic would be great if you ignore the facts, but when you don't then you realize how stupid it is: The difference between the 2007 and 2008 team was just Tom Brady. So Tom Brady makes a difference of 7 more wins, a Superbowl appearance, and 29 more touchdowns.

And how exactly is that logical? The year before with the same group of people Bledsoe led that team to the worst record in the NFL. You seem pretty delusional, buddy.

That was the previous year, and it was BB's first year as head coach. A lot can change in a year, not just the obvious (QB). So you'll never really know the answer to that question.

Yup you're definitely delusional with an agenda to degrade Brady's accomplishments in anyway possible. Thanks for the laughs.

You disagree? You really think they were the 2nd worst defense in the league last year?

"You can insert Peyton Manning into a completely different team, and they will still have a potent passing attack (as you're seeing in Denver). I'm not quite sure you can say the same thing about Brady."

Dude....congratulations.....this is by far the most humorous...and RIDICULOUS post that I have seen on here this year....put down the crack pipe and take off the hater glasses....

I have to disagree. The ultimate gauge of how good a QB is not by the # of superbowl appearances or wins. Remember, every Patriots superbowl team had a very good, if not great defense.

You can insert Peyton Manning into a completely different team, and they will still have a potent passing attack (as you're seeing in Denver). I'm not quite sure you can say the same thing about Brady.

I have to disagree. The ultimate gauge of how good a QB is not by the # of superbowl appearances or wins. Remember, every Patriots superbowl team had a very good, if not great defense.

You can insert Peyton Manning into a completely different team, and they will still have a potent passing attack (as you're seeing in Denver). I'm not quite sure you can say the same thing about Brady.

Montana had top 3 defenses every year he went to the SB playing with ****loads of talent on O and with one of the best HC ever.

What's your point?

Manning's Colts were hardly some bums that every idiot loves to make them out to be and he constantly came up short when it mattered. Christ look at that 06 playoff run he had.

Regardless of what you think about Brady vs. Manning in the annals of history, this game was really a microcosm of their careers. Manning puts up the bigger numbers, but Brady wins the game.

Precisely…and the winning part has as much to do with the team and Coach BB as it does with the players in question. To say Brady won over Manning on Sunday is insulting to guys like Ridley, Wilfork, Ninko, or the OLine who had as much if not more to do with the outcome than the QBs.
My argument about the outcome does not even include two of the bigger 4th quarter mistakes I have ever seen (Mr. McGahee).
Historically, to say Brady has a winning record over Manning is completely out of context as it diminishes the accomplishments of guys like Bruschi, Law, Harrison, and McGinest in those huge games.

Just like Bird vs. Magic or Lemieux vs. Gretzky - there are too many factors involved to call one "better" than the other.

The Pats wouldn't have come close to the playoffs, let alone the SB, with Bledsoe. Please take a moment and tell me more about "the team they had that year." I'll spot you that dominant RB Antowain Smith.

How can you say that for sure? And, since you obviously know more about that team than I do, why don't you tell me about how crappy that team was and how Brady carried them to the superbowl win?

The "system QB" argument should have been ruled a capital offense by now.

Peyton Manning goes down, and the Colts are a 2-14 team. Tom Brady goes down and Matt Cassel looks like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and goes 11-5. Really?

Last edited:
Precisely…and the winning part has as much to do with the team and Coach BB as it does with the players in question. To say Brady won over Manning on Sunday is insulting to guys like Ridley, Wilfork, Ninko, or the OLine who had as much if not more to do with the outcome than the QBs.
My argument about the outcome does not even include two of the bigger 4th quarter mistakes I have ever seen (Mr. McGahee).
Historically, to say Brady has a winning record over Manning is completely out of context as it diminishes the accomplishments of guys like Bruschi, Law, Harrison, and McGinest in those huge games.

Just like Bird vs. Magic or Lemieux vs. Gretzky - there are too many factors involved to call one "better" than the other.

Agree 100%.

That is my unbiased opinion. And yes, I've paid attention to their careers.

I've even heard (even from Patriots fans) that Tom is a system QB (exhibit A: Matt Cassel). Also, answer this: If Bledsoe doesn't go down in that game vs the Jets earlier that year, and with the team they had that year, would the Pats have won the superbowl with Bledsoe at the helm? IMO, yes.

Obviously you have a right to your opinion albeit a very irrational one. You have heard that because Brady has never (and HOPEFULLY NEVER WILL )had to play for another team in his career. So some of these talking heads looking to fill dead air space and drive ratings say..."Hmmmm I wonder if Tom Brady could succeed in a different offense on another team or if he is just a system QB"...and guys like you buy into the horsesh#t.....or HATE Brady and the Pats so much because of their incredible success that you buy into crap out of that bitterness/hatred.

Second part.....I personally do not think that the Pats would have won a SB with Bledsoe that year. Love Drew....just don't see him getting it done that year. Brady came in and infused that team with incredible confidence....just like he has done almost every year of his career....

That is not "entirely" different. Same coach, same team, same system, etc. Just like Manning had a different cast on offense over the years -- and yet consistently put up good numbers every year.

You are embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge. Manning had one offensive coordinator and one offensive system from the time he came to Indianapolis until that offensive coordinator "retired" in 2010, by which time it was essentially Peyton's offense.

Brady has had many offensive coordinators over the years, with very different styles and systems that radically evolved over the years. Do you remember names like Charlie Weiss, Bill O'Brien, and years between with no named coordinator? They have been a screen-oriented and draw-oriented offense, a power run offense, a play-action offense, a shotgun spread offense, and now a blow-the-doors-off-you fast break combo offense.

Post about what you know, please

How can you say that for sure? And, since you obviously know more about that team than I do, why don't you tell me about how crappy that team was and how Brady carried them to the superbowl win?

Peyton Manning goes down, and the Colts are a 2-14 team. Tom Brady goes down and Matt Cassel looks like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana and goes 11-5. Really?

You have got to be kidding me....you do REALIZE that the Colts "Threw away" last season to secure the #1 pick to get Luck.....right???? I mean tell me that you at least get that much.......

More of a knock on Polian - and I bet a BIG part of his firing.

Just stop. The Colts were relying on terrible backups and were clearly tanking most of those games to get Luck. Cassel was with the team for multiple seasons and obviously was more ready to step in and yes the Patriots went 11-5 but if you just look at that you may as well preface it with "I choose not to look into this very deep and go strictly by the records" but compare the numbers from 2007 with a difficult schedule going 16-0 to 2008 with a ridiculously easy schedule going 11-5, then get back to me. You're falling into the same argument that people who love to bash Brady always use and it's simplistic nonsense.

Regarding the 2001 team, I'm not going to do your homework for you. I've already spotted you Smith; I'll give you another one: "Troy Brown, #1 receiver." If you want to stop looking like a dope, look something up for yourself.

The Colts were tanking games all year. How do you explain them starting Dan Orlovsky, a guy who lost the majority of games for an 0-16 team?

The Pats addressed their backup QB situation by drafting and training a competent one. Cassel played well, but I think we can dispense with the Montana comparisons.

The Colts, on the other hand, put all their eggs in one basket. They never bothered getting an even adequate backup, and once Manning went down, they stopped trying to win a lot of winnable games so they could draft Luck. They deliberately tanked.

All of the factors that mean anything favor Brady. All of them.

The difference between Brady and Manning - especially in the post-season - Brady does not make the mistake that kills a team. A defense has NEVER had to overcome a Brady mistake in the playoffs or SB - cannot even come close to saying that about Manning. Even his SB winning post-season he threw 1 or 2 TD's vs 7 INT's (includes SB).

24th in defense (yards allowed), 19th in offense (yards)

and when Brady took over for Bledsoe, they were called by the leading NFL sportswriter in the nation the worst team in the NFL, with him saying:

"Honestly, I don't know what weapons they have with which to win a game"

CNNSI.com - Pro Football - Dr. Z's NFL Power Rankings - Thursday September 27, 2001 03:37 PM

No, Peyton Manning goes down and they go from a 10-6 team to a 2-14 team, amid widespread accusations that team executives decided to not make a number of possible roster moves, tanking a great many games, for the purpose of draft position.

Brady went down and an 18-1 team went 11-5 and missed the playoffs entirely, with one of the lowest-rated schedules in the league, with just three wins over winning teams all season (two of those were 9-7 teams and the other was the over-achieving 11-5 Dolphins).

Last edited:
All of the factors that mean anything favor Brady. All of them.

I disagree w/ that. It's a very subjective argument. Personally, I go back & forth - there are things about Tom's game that I like more, and things about Manning's game that I like more. Manning is more of a slinger; Tom is less likely to gamble & make a crucial mistake.

Within the confines of the northeast, most would go Brady. But the fact is that if you asked fans around the country who they'd build a team around in their prime, it's probably as close to split as you can get....

Obviously you have a right to your opinion albeit a very irrational one. You have heard that because Brady has never (and HOPEFULLY NEVER WILL )had to play for another team in his career. So some of these talking heads looking to fill dead air space and drive ratings say..."Hmmmm I wonder if Tom Brady could succeed in a different offense on another team or if he is just a system QB"...and guys like you buy into the horsesh#t.....or HATE Brady and the Pats so much because of their incredible success that you buy into crap out of that bitterness/hatred.

Second part.....I personally do not think that the Pats would have won a SB with Bledsoe that year. Love Drew....just don't see him getting it done that year. Brady came in and infused that team with incredible confidence....just like he has done almost every year of his career....

Look, I'm simply offering my opinion based on a non-biased view of EITHER Brady or Manning. No doubt that Brady has grown into a very good QB, but if you're simply saying player A is better than player B, well, you can't simply base that on wins/losses or # of superbowls. Football is a team game. That's really my point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back