PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leonard Johnson Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people like Roberts and expect him to push the guys in front of him. That being said, Roberts is untested on the field and as someone else pointed out. You can never have enough corners..

Agreed, and that's not bringing into account the few players (any recent ones?) who have had an IR red shirt year and then went on to become a regular contributor. It just doesn't happen very often, as high as we all are on Roberts.

That's not to say that it won't happen, just that history has not been kind to these types of situations here in NE.

hqdefault530.jpg

I haven't felt this way since we let the great Kenbrell Thompkins go.

Gotta admit, I think this is a mistake. Johnson had the highest ratio of pelvic gyrations per pass defended in the league this season. We're not going to replace that kind of production easily.

He was good for ONE game... Then terrible ... non existent... How can you replace that?

*** He is Not Quick Enough ***

Eh, no strong opinion. I kinda liked him, but OTOH he's exactly the kind of player that you should be able to upgrade from given a full offseason to do it. And I still have irrational hopefulness and confidence in Roberts based on what he did in just a few preseason games. If Roberts makes it to the regular season without injury this year I think he's an immediate and substantial upgrade over Johnson, and I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him starting.

I'm also betting that Brown will be back, although at this point I'm of the opinion that you can't count on getting more than 4 or so games out of him before his foot betrays him. I think he only makes sense if you have him on the cheap and have built your roster in such a way that near-inevitably losing him is only a minor setback.

If we had to rely on Johnson next year, we would be in trouble. He was average at best and that is being kind. Roberts should be 100% better than Johnson next year.

I haven't felt this way since we let the great Kenbrell Thompkins go...
…or when Bill & Skippy failed to seal the deal at Denver on Thanksgiving weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes