PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leigh Bodden: Transition Tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be kind of a double cross. I say get rid of him, he'll want top dollar, and he was pretty good, nothing outstanding. Lots of catches on him that I saw.

Well, that's all I need to see. Patriots should do any and everything it takes to keep him around.

Without even delving deeply into teams, and just sticking to the AFC:

Flowers
Asomugha
Jammer
Bailey
Finegan
Robinson
Revis
Joseph
Hall

That's from the AFC, and it doesn't include Cromartie, Goodman or Mathis, all of whom, probably among others, could be argued as being better than Bodden. That ranks Bodden at #10 in the AFC and, again, that's just a quick read rather than a team by team breakdown and comparison.

Well, according to the link that was posted....

Jammer was ranked #88, Finnegan was #59, Robinson (Dunta, I assume) was #98.

Well, that's all I need to see. Patriots should do any and everything it takes to keep him around.

What? Pay him as a elite corner? Madness. Bodden is a fine player, but not a "pay him at all costs" player. That status is reserved for one player- Brady.

Well, according to the link that was posted....

Jammer was ranked #88, Finnegan was #59, Robinson (Dunta, I assume) was #98.

And, according to that link, Bodden is better than Asomugha. Rankings of this sort are why PFF is worse than useless a lot of the time.

The Patriots will re-sign Deltha O'Neal and Fernando Bryant to

replace Bodden at half the price. It will be called good value

by BB.

Seriously. Why do you feel the need to post this trash?

Just as a FYI, Bodden was targeted 92 times over the season, and allowed 46 completions (less than 3 a game) for a completion percentage of 50%. He gave up 532 total yards (11.6 ypc) and 4 TD's, whilst intercepting 5 and breaking up 13 passes. His individual QB rating (i.e the rating for QB's throwing at him) was a pretty good 59.7.

If you want some comparisons, Mr All. World was thrown at 111 times allowing 41 completions (36.9%), giving up 425 yards (10.4 ypc) and 2 TD's. He intercepted 6 passes and broke up an astonishing 23 (the stat I look at most for CB's). QB rating of 32.3.

The DPOTY was targeted 76 times allowing 39 completions (51.3%) and gave up 448 yards (11.5 ypc) and 5 TD's. He intercepted 9 passes and broke up 8. QB rating of 51.8.

DRC was thrown at 120 times allowing 61 completions (51%), whilst giving up a whopping 781 yards (12.8 ypc) and 6 TD's. He had 6 INT's and broke up 16 passes. QB rating of 67.4.

Champ Bailey was thrown at 92 times, allowing 49 completions (53.3%), 591 yards (12.1 ypc), but gave up just 1 TD. He had 3 INT's and broke up 9 more passes. QB rating of 63.3.

Scrabble was thrown at a measly 28 times, but allowed exactly three quarters of those passes to be completed. He gave up 246 yards (11.7 ypc) and 1 TD, grabbing 1 INT and seeing 2 PBU. QB rating of 98.2.

Some interesting stuff to digest there.....

Without even delving deeply into teams, and just sticking to the AFC:

Flowers
Asomugha
Jammer
Bailey
Finegan
Robinson
Revis
Joseph
Hall

That's from the AFC, and it doesn't include Cromartie, Goodman or Mathis, all of whom, probably among others, could be argued as being better than Bodden. That ranks Bodden at #10 in the AFC and, again, that's just a quick read rather than a team by team breakdown and comparison.

Wow.

You're wrong.

If you want an independent view, Bodden was the 6th ranked corner in the AFC, and 13th ranked corner in the league. On a team with no pass rush.

Wow.

You're wrong.

If you want an independent view, Bodden was the 6th ranked corner in the AFC, and 13th ranked corner in the league. On a team with no pass rush.

I'm not wrong, but you are welcome to your opinion. Have a nice day.

Last edited:
And, according to that link, Bodden is better than Asomugha. Rankings of this sort are why PFF is worse than useless a lot of the time.

Yeah, I know. Just sayin'.

I don't agree with you on Robinson, though admittedly I've seen like 1/2 of a Houston game this season. I'd put Jammer and Finnegan in the same tier as Bodden.

What? Pay him as a elite corner? Madness. Bodden is a fine player, but not a "pay him at all costs" player. That status is reserved for one player- Brady.

The point I was making is that the best move for the Patriots is generally the polar opposite of whatever klinefan is advocating for :)

The point I was making is that the best move for the Patriots is generally the polar opposite of whatever klinefan is advocating for :)

LOL...........OK. I'm with ya. :)

I'm not wrong, but you are welcome to your opinion. Have a nice day.

You are wrong, but you too are welcome to your opinion. Take it easy now.

Yeah, I know. Just sayin'.

I don't agree with you on Robinson, though admittedly I've seen like 1/2 of a Houston game this season. I'd put Jammer and Finnegan in the same tier as Bodden.

Finnegan is 25 years old and has already been an All-Pro. Bodden isn't anywhere near that level, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Finnegan is 25 years old and has already been an All-Pro. Bodden isn't anywhere near that level.

He didn't play all that well this year. I don't really care about what he did in the past. Next season, could be a different story.

Bodden is better than Asante in most aspects of CB but Asante gets picks. Picks are picks no matter what and they give the offense a chance to put up points. Asante won us the game against the Eagles in the 2007 season. You can say they fall to his chest but he puts himself there. Why don't they fall to our other CBs chests? they have been falling to his chest since 06? Give the man credit. He is elite and overall better than Bodden.
I want Bodden back because he is our best CB and we won't get a better CB unless our we draft and he surprises us. Bodden is in the TOp 15 of NFL CBs and should be paid like one. If he wants top5 $ then he can go.

What are we ranked in cap spent? if we are ranked higher than top 8 then we really had a failed season....Basically sometimes u might have to pay a top 15 top 10 money because if you don't, u might end up with a top 20 player or worse.

Bodden is better than Asante in most aspects of CB but Asante gets picks. Picks are picks no matter what and they give the offense a chance to put up points. Asante won us the game against the Eagles in the 2007 season. You can say they fall to his chest but he puts himself there. Why don't they fall to our other CBs chests? they have been falling to his chest since 06? Give the man credit. He is elite and overall better than Bodden.
I want Bodden back because he is our best CB and we won't get a better CB unless our we draft and he surprises us. Bodden is in the TOp 15 of NFL CBs and should be paid like one. If he wants top5 $ then he can go.

What are we ranked in cap spent? if we are ranked higher than top 8 then we really had a failed season....Basically sometimes u might have to pay a top 15 top 10 money because if you don't, u might end up with a top 20 player or worse.

Samuel is a gambler, that's why he gets the picks. Noting really wrong with that, but you'll give up yards (he allowed more than Bodden this year - 590) and allowed 45 of 67 (67.2%) of the passes thrown to his side to be completed. He also gave up 5 TD's.

Samuel is a gambler, that's why he gets the picks. Noting really wrong with that, but you'll give up yards (he allowed more than Bodden this year - 590) and allowed 45 of 67 (67.2%) of the passes thrown to his side to be completed. He also gave up 5 TD's.

Bodden gave up 532.....but Asante ran back his ints for 57 more yards. lol
Bottom line is that Asante is way valuable than Bodden because he intercepts.

I don't know how people can say Bodden is a better CB than Samuel after watching them both play in NE. It's not even close IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back