PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Legit article on why Miami wins the east!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi_ImTomBrady said:
Wow can you say KING HOMER...Pats have less depth at RB, QB and TE then Miami.

QB - Miami has the depth, Pats have the consistent star. Edge: Pats at this point.

RB - I would give Miami the slight edge at RB. Dillion was injured and is old. He wont last an entire season.

I'll put money that Dillon lasts the entire season. Also, Ronnie Brown didn't avg 4.6 YPC as someone mentioned. He averaged 4.4. And in 5 of the last 6 games, he didn't get his YPC over 4. In fact, he averaged only 3.2 YPC on 55 carries.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
At TE...Miami has McMike which is better then any TE Pats have.

McMichael is a Wife-beating POS garbage who can't block to save his life. He's not BETTER than anything the Pats have. He might be a better receiver, but I would take Graham and Watson over him anyday. TEs are supposed to block more than they receive.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
OL - Miami added LJ Shelton on the line, while the Pats lost a long time starter.

Which long-time starter would that be? You seriously aren't referring to Tom Ashworth, are you? NFL.COM claims that Ashworth started 30 games, but I have to beg to differ with them. Ashworth didn't START 13 games unless you include play-offs in 2003 and he sure as heck didn't start 11 games last year. In fact, in 2004, Ashworth lost his starting job to Brandon Gorin (which is pretty sad considering how mediocre Gorin is).

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
WR - Is really a no brainer. Chambers and Hagan is a star duo in the making. Pats are not even sure their #1 option will be on the field, and he still is no Chambers, plus Miami has Booker.

Chambers isn't an ALL-PRO. He's not even a LEGIT Pro-Bowler. As for Hagan, I'll put money that he amounts to nothing more than a #3 receiver. At best, this is a push right now.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
DL - Even to slight edge for Pats

Pats have a tremendous edge here. Not a slight edge. Particularly if Miami follows through with going to the 3-4.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
LB - Are you kidding...Miami hands down
How do you figure this? You're switching to an entirely new defensive scheme. One the Patriots have been running for years. How do you figure your guys will be better? Sorry, but I don't see Miami's groupd of Taylor, Thomas, Crowder and whomever being better than Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin and Beisel.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
CB - Pats at this point. Although age is a concern.
How is age a concern for the Patriots CBs of Wilson (26), Samuel (25), Hobbs (23), Gay (24)? Or are you referring to guys who are fighting for a job in Chad Scott (32), Hank Poteat (29), and Eric Warfield (30)

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
Coaching: Easy Miami...Miami has a brain trust of experienced smart coaches. The New England brain trust is gone and BB has to do everything. Head coach may go to Pats at this point, but overall coaching is Miami.

Sorry, but how do you figure the braintrust is gone? Because they lost Crennel, Weis, Mangini and Davidson? They replaced them with people IN HOUSE. Pees has been a Saban (and therefore a Belichick) disciple. McDaniel did very well last year as the OC. BB is still the one behind everything. What Miami has done is bring in 2 guys from other systems who are trying to mold their way of thinking in with Saban's. Not the easiest thing to do. Sorry, Edge to the Patriots.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
Obviously you know nothing about Talent...Brown is a PROVEN back, what has Maroney done...NOTHING!!!!!

You talk about the Dolphins age at DL, and then throw in Harrison in at DB...NEWFLASH!!!! DL is a strength position not speed. We dont need young DL in the 3-4, we just need strong linemen...What does a man lose first his speed or strength. Name a linemen in NE that had as many sacks as JT last year. EDGE clearly MIAMI.

This shows you don't know jack about the 3-4 defense. The point of the Defensive linemen in a 3-4 defense is NOT to get sacks. Its to tie up blockers and shut down running lanes so that the Linebackers can make the plays.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
Yeah save the noodle arm for Brady. He has the arm strength of a pop warner QB.

I suggest you get a clue. Brady has completed more passes over 40 yards the last 3 years than any other QB. That's fact, jack.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
I guess Brady is not a proven starter either since Harrington has been starting for just as long.

This is plain frigging stupid. Harrington hasn't had a winning record ever. Brady has yet to have a losing one. Not to mention a 10-1 record in the play-offs.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
Go ahead add Brady, Seymour, Branch, Colvin, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel...

The only player on there I would swap for the Dolphins player at the same position would be Brady.

That shows how stupid you are. Seymour is better than any DT you have on the Dolphins. If you had any football knowledge, you'd know that a DE in the 3-4 is a DT in the 4-3. Harrison is better than any safety that the Phins have. Bruschi is as good or better than Zach Thomas.

Hello all, this is my first visit here, and this thead caught my eye. Everyone is talking about if Miami is ready to overtake the Pats in the AFC East, and looking the changes made on both teams during the off-season, the Phinz have to be considered as the team capable of accomplish that task....

The Pats are still the champs, but there have been more changes again in New England this off-season. The biggest may end up being PK A. Vinatieri. He won more crucial games for the Patriots than any other previously departed player in my opinion. The Pats are going to miss him big time in clutch situations, and when the Pats need to have a PK who is unphased by the elements in Foxboro. Those close games, that are usually won by a A. Vinatieri kick, are no longer in the bag for the Patriots. Losing him is huge....

Let's not forget about LB W. McGinest either. He was a vital piece to the Pats defense over the years, and guys like Seymore / Bruschi / Harrison all fed off one another, and that was a major reason behind maintaining stability on defense. Now he's gone, and the remaining guys still around will need to pick up the slack as a result. Downplay losing him if you will, but around the division, opposing fans are very pleased now that he's gone. Maybe not a major blow, but still, McGinest was a highly productive player during his years with the Pats, and players like him aren't that easy to replace....

Miami on the other hand has done nothing but upgrade. The QB situation is much stronger than it has been in previous year, and the defense has re-shaped the entire secondary over the last two years. It's quicker, younger, and hungrier than before. I think with DB W. Poole returning from a season ending injury{05'}, along with the off-season additions of W. Allen / A. Goodman / D. Cooper / R. Hill, you'll see a much tighter team in coverage in 2006. Let's not forget that Saban brought in one of the most highly respect DC's around in Dom Capers. He should have the Phinz defense playing at a very high level this year....

All in all, these two teams are very solid on both sides of the ball. It would appear that Miami has gained some ground this off-season however. If that will be enough to reclaim the AFC East remains to be seen, but being the Phinz fan that I am, I'd have to say that the Patriots reign on top of the AFC East is now coming to an end....

:rocker:

Last edited:
BLITZKRIEG said:
Hello all, this is my first visit here, and this thead caught my eye. Everyone is talking about if Miami is ready to overtake the Pats in the AFC East, and looking the changes made on both teams during the off-season, the Phinz have to be considered as the team capable of accomplish that task....

The Pats are still the champs, but there have been more changes again in New England this off-season. The biggest may end up being PK A. Vinatieri. He won more crucial games for the Patriots than any other previously departed player in my opinion. The Pats are going to miss him big time in clutch situations, and when the Pats need to have a PK who is unphased by the elements in Foxboro. Those close games, that are usually won by a A. Vinatieri kick, are no longer in the bag for the Patriots. Losing him is huge....
Please tell me which crucial game that Vinatieri won for the Pats last year.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Let's not forget about LB W. McGinest either. He was a vital piece to the Pats defense over the years, and guys like Seymore / Bruschi / Harrison all fed off one another, and that was a major reason behind maintaining stability on defense. Now he's gone, and the remaining guys still around will need to pick up the slack as a result. Downplay losing him if you will, but around the division, opposing fans are very pleased now that he's gone. Maybe not a major blow, but still, McGinest was a highly productive player during his years with the Pats, and players like him aren't that easy to replace....
No one is forgetting about McGinest. However, McGinest was a part of the defense that couldn't get pressure on the QB in the early going. It was only after Bruschi and Seymour returned that McGinest started to play well again. Where Willie Mc's loss will be felt is in the locker room. However, the Patriots have a TON of leaders like Brady, Harrison, Bruschi, and Vrabel who should be able to step in and fill his shoes. Also, don't rule out Colvin getting better. He improved dramatically last year over the previous one.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Miami on the other hand has done nothing but upgrade. The QB situation is much stronger than it has been in previous year, and the defense has re-shaped the entire secondary over the last two years. It's quicker, younger, and hungrier than before. I think with DB W. Poole returning from a season ending injury{05'}, along with the off-season additions of W. Allen / A. Goodman / D. Cooper / R. Hill, you'll see a much tighter team in coverage in 2006. Let's not forget that Saban brought in one of the most highly respect DC's around in Dom Capers. He should have the Phinz defense playing at a very high level this year....

Will Allen was so good that the Giants couldn't wait to cut him. And, I think that any knowledgable fan would say that losing Ricky Williams is NOT an upgrade. The Dolphins secondary has never played together. That isn't a GOOD thing. Its a BAD thing. Very Bad.

Capers is good, but not nearly as respected as Belichick. Also, its takes time for a team to learn a new defense. Particularly going from a 4-3 to a 3-4.

A
BLITZKRIEG said:
ll in all, these two teams are very solid on both sides of the ball. It would appear that Miami has gained some ground this off-season however. If that will be enough to reclaim the AFC East remains to be seen, but being the Phinz fan that I am, I'd have to say that the Patriots reign on top of the AFC East is now coming to an end....

:rocker:

You can say that all you want. Doesn't make it reality. You are so quick to give the Phins kudos for all their young players who haven't played, but you aren't doing so with the Pats? Sorry, but I believe that Maroney will be just as good as Ronnie Brown. And the fact that Dillon will continue to be the primary back with Maroney spelling him this 1st year will help to keep the pressure off Maroney. Just as Graham and Fauria kept the pressure off of Watson and Bobby Hamilton kept the pressure off of Watson.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaBruinz said:
Please tell me which crucial game that Vinatieri won for the Pats last year.

You are so quick to give the Phins kudos for all their young players who haven't played, but you aren't doing so with the Pats? Sorry, but I believe that Maroney will be just as good as Ronnie Brown.

Let's see, which games did Vinatieri technically win for the Pats? How about two Super Bowls and some big playoff games lol. That statement didn't really make any sense man.

As for our young guys you are referring too. Exactly who are you talking about? We have just 1 rookie who will step in and start and only 2 who will see significant time. One of those guys being a saftey while the other is going to be a 3rd or 4th reciever. The young guys you have will step into 2 very important positions. Maroney will get a good deal of carries and Jackson should start. You're rookies are much less likely then ours to make a big impact.

Maroney as good as Brown? I hope you don't mean this season. I could see it in 3 or 4 years, but if you think so this year. Wow!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
can sombody please tell me where i can get a strong set of diapers .im always shi tting my pants .i love men who where aqua blue pants and nipple rings.it turns me on so much
:eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Let's see, which games did Vinatieri technically win for the Pats? How about two Super Bowls and some big playoff games lol. That statement didn't really make any sense man.

As for our young guys you are referring too. Exactly who are you talking about? We have just 1 rookie who will step in and start and only 2 who will see significant time. One of those guys being a saftey while the other is going to be a 3rd or 4th reciever. The young guys you have will step into 2 very important positions. Maroney will get a good deal of carries and Jackson should start. You're rookies are much less likely then ours to make a big impact.

Maroney as good as Brown? I hope you don't mean this season. I could see it in 3 or 4 years, but if you think so this year. Wow!
you got a safety that was injured last year, and you got a WR that was dropping balls like crazy after the season...and that WR wont even make an impact considering he's going to be #4 probably, and Allen could turn out to be a huge bust, which IMO, i think he is, and i have no idea why they drafted him...on the other hand, we got Maroney, who is going to backup Dillon, who is getting old, and only averaged 3.5 ypc, so obviously Maroney is going to make a huge impact on the run game, and we also got Chad Jackson who could end up anywhere from #2-#4, either way, he'll have a great impact also because of the Branch hold out, and Givens leaving. So how is your injured safety, and your WR that constantly drops balls, going to have more of an impact?

Underoath said:
you got a safety that was injured last year, and you got a WR that was dropping balls like crazy after the season...and that WR wont even make an impact considering he's going to be #4 probably, and Allen could turn out to be a huge bust, which IMO, i think he is, and i have no idea why they drafted him...on the other hand, we got Maroney, who is going to backup Dillon, who is getting old, and only averaged 3.5 ypc, so obviously Maroney is going to make a huge impact on the run game, and we also got Chad Jackson who could end up anywhere from #2-#4, either way, he'll have a great impact also because of the Branch hold out, and Givens leaving. So how is your injured safety, and your WR that constantly drops balls, going to have more of an impact?

Constantly dropping balls? He had 2 bad games (bowl game and senior bowl) and you are going to put all the weight on that? How about the rest of his collegiet career where he is the top ASU reciever in almost every catogory, and near the top of the Pac-10 list? He had a heck of a career and lost a lot of stock due to 2 games. He is a steal IMO.

As for Allen, I admit, I was a little confused by that pick. But I have nothing but confidence in Saban and his decsion making. He turned a 3rd and 4th rounder both into starters last year in Crowder and Daniels. He knows what he's doing and that's all I need.

Like I said, I like Maroney and Jackson. They just have to do a lot more than our rookies for you guys to be sucessful.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Like I said, I like Maroney and Jackson. They just have to do a lot more than our rookies for you guys to be sucessful.

What?

Neither will be starting. NO Patriots rookies will be starting.

pats1 said:
What?

Neither will be starting. NO Patriots rookies will be starting.

I think that if Chad Jackson doesn't win that #2 job, you guys will be hurting at the WR spot. Please tell me you don't think Caldwell can step in and be a huge contributer. The guy is a slot reciever and shoudln't be starting. Even if Jackson doesn't start, you guys will need more production out of him than we need out of Hagan.

As for Maroney, Dillon won't be carrying the whole load. His legs are getting old and he isn't the player he once was. Maroney will see probably 8-10 carries a game in the early going and could be starting by later in the season.

My point is, you guys need your rookies more than we need ours to make an impact THIS SEASON! Does that make sense?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I think that if Chad Jackson doesn't win that #2 job, you guys will be hurting at the WR spot. Please tell me you don't think Caldwell can step in and be a huge contributer. The guy is a slot reciever and shoudln't be starting. Even if Jackson doesn't start, you guys will need more production out of him than we need out of Hagan.

As for Maroney, Dillon won't be carrying the whole load. His legs are getting old and he isn't the player he once was. Maroney will see probably 8-10 carries a game in the early going and could be starting by later in the season.

My point is, you guys need your rookies more than we need ours to make an impact THIS SEASON! Does that make sense?
that's what i was trying to say, Caldwell is having a great training camp so far (so i hear) and in all honesty, Brady spreads the ball around so much, that even if Givens was back, Caldwell might have the same amount of catches, and the TE's should be seeing the ball a lot also, so i'm honestly not worried about our WR situation, although, i wish the Patriots could somehow aquire David Patten.

Underoath said:
that's what i was trying to say, Caldwell is having a great training camp so far (so i hear) and in all honesty, Brady spreads the ball around so much, that even if Givens was back, Caldwell might have the same amount of catches, and the TE's should be seeing the ball a lot also, so i'm honestly not worried about our WR situation, although, i wish the Patriots could somehow aquire David Patten.

Yeah I like your point about the tight ends. I think Ben Watson will go off this year. It was hard for me to pass over him in my fantasy league but I had to because I can't have any Patriots. ;)

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yeah I like your point about the tight ends. I think Ben Watson is so sexy and i would love to play with his tight end lol if you know what i mean . ;)
:eek: :eek:

BLITZKRIEG said:
Are you 'The PatsFans.com Stalker" or something??....:scared:

:rofl:

Yeah he doesn't know exactly what football is. He is just here to post a bunch of LOLs and these things :eek: . He has NEVER said anything about football on this site. He's just a loser, don't worry about him.

i think somebody needs to read the rules about posting again here at patsfans.com .no name calling .shame on you aquagay.:D lol:eek:

Last edited:
patriotspride said:
i think somebody needs to read the rules about posting again here at patsfans.com .no name calling .shame on you aquagay.:D lol:eek:

Are you stupid or something? :rofl: :rofl:
Yuor calling him names.

ya know **** you clown,its called sarcasm lol you really are brain dead.:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back