PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Legit article on why Miami wins the east!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
HAHA! Just enjoy it guys. Enjoy the glimmer of hope you seem to have now. Maybe you guys will realize it when we come up there to Foxboro and humilate you guys in your house. At that point the Dolphins will be either 4-1 or 5-0 and rolling on through the AFC.

The sky is falling! I'm scared now!

(Like I've said - we've heard this EXACT same crap for years now. Can't you think of anything original?)

pats1 said:
Why are McMichael and Chambers in that equation? Mare? Booker? Brown?

Well then, I might just as well add in Brady, Seymour, Branch, Colvin, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, etc., etc., etc.

(And why am I even responding to someone who just used "Harrington" and "Proven Starter" in the same sentence?)

(And in the Dolphins' case, it's not noodle arm, but noodle knee)

Yeah save the noodle arm for Brady. He has the arm strength of a pop warner QB.

I guess Brady is not a proven starter either since Harrington has been starting for just as long.

Go ahead add Brady, Seymour, Branch, Colvin, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel...

The only player on there I would swap for the Dolphins player at the same position would be Brady.

Hi_ImTomBrady said:
Yeah save the noodle arm for Brady. He has the arm strength of a pop warner QB.

I guess Brady is not a proven starter either since Harrington has been starting for just as long.

Go ahead add Brady, Seymour, Branch, Colvin, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel...

The only player on there I would swap for the Dolphins player at the same position would be Brady.

So you're telling me you'd rather have Hodge/Newman/Spragan than Colvin/Vrabel?

OK.

Please. Enough. The minute you just tried to compare Harrington and Brady you lost all the credibility you had - and it was miniscule to start off.

Go back into your cradle, insignificant troll. Even patsummerallofthe80s or TonyCollins could present a better case.

(And oh, if you really think Brady has a weak arm, I suggest you *gasp* actually watch some of the NFL. Get your ass out of 2003.)

Last edited:
pats1 said:
The sky is falling! I'm scared now!

(Like I've said - we've heard this EXACT same crap for years now. Can't you think of anything original?)

Okay but I just want to know, what excuse will you use if and when we win the division? Will you actully admit that you were wrong? Or will you just make-up some BS excuse? Until then I can't talk, you're right, you guys have been the superior team the last 4 years. I may be a homer, but I am very knowledgable. Everything that I have seen take place since the last 6 weeks of last season, to the current off-season, leads me to believe that the Dolphins are now the better team.

I'll be quite until then, but when we win the division, it's open season on your a**es.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Okay but I just want to know, what excuse will you use if and when we win the division? Will you actully admit that you were wrong? Or will you just make-up some BS excuse? Until then I can't talk, you're right, you guys have been the superior team the last 4 years. I may be a homer, but I am very knowledgable. Everything that I have seen take place since the last 6 weeks of last season, to the current off-season, leads me to believe that the Dolphins are now the better team.

I'll be quite until then, but when we win the division, it's open season on your a**es.

Oh, and the Pats didn't do anything in the last 6 weeks of the season, either?

Including the playoffs (which the Dolphins watched from their living room couches...or inner-city bars for some of the Dolphins' characters), the Pats went 4-2. One loss was against Denver, and the other was the squeaked-out win the Dolphins 1st stringers had against the Pats' 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Let's not forget, as I just posted above, the Pats were incapacitated by injuries last year. That isn't/won't be the case this year.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Oh, and the Pats didn't do anything in the last 6 weeks of the season, either?

Including the playoffs (which the Dolphins watched from their living room couches...or inner-city bars for some of the Dolphins' characters), the Pats went 4-2. One loss was against Denver, and the other was the squeaked-out win the Dolphins 1st stringers had against the Pats' 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Let's not forget, as I just posted above, the Pats were incapacitated by injuries last year. That isn't/won't be the case this year.

Yeah we beat Denver and you. A little better in that respect. I don't give a damn who was in that game, when the Pats had their #1 guys in there, they were getting their a**es handed to them.

But like I said, I can't talk yet. But I am very confident that next January there will be a new AFCE champ.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yeah we beat Denver and you. A little better in that respect. I don't give a damn who was in that game, when the Pats had their #1 guys in there, they were getting their a**es handed to them.

But like I said, I can't talk yet. But I am very confident that next January there will be a new AFCE champ.

Common opponents determine nothing.

If a 1-15 team beats Team X, but a 15-1 team loses to team X, that doesn't make the 1-15 team better.

Be confident all you want, just like how 'Lil Ronnie was confident that the Colts would "16-0...Super Bowl bound!" when the Colts were indeed undefeated well into the 2005 season. However, we all know what happens to the Colts when it counts...

And it does matter how many names - big or small - a team picks up. Just ask Snyder and Deadskins about that.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Common opponents determine nothing.

If a 1-15 team beats Team X, but a 15-1 team loses to team X, that doesn't make the 1-15 team better.

Be confident all you want, just like how 'Lil Ronnie was confident that the Colts would "16-0...Super Bowl bound!" when the Colts were indeed undefeated well into the 2005 season. However, we all know what happens to the Colts when it counts...

And it does matter how many names - big or small - a team picks up. Just ask Snyder and Deadskins about that.

I'm just stating the fact that we beat good teams last year. Denver and Carolina where both top 4 teams in the NFL last year and we beat them. We also beat a very good San Diego team. Point being, we can beat good teams.

Do you mean to tell me that it makes no differnce between having Gus Frerotte compared to Daunte Culpepper? I think that is quite a significant upgrade. It does mean something to better yourself in the off-season.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I'm just stating the fact that we beat good teams last year. Denver and Carolina where both top 4 teams in the NFL last year and we beat them. We also beat a very good San Diego team. Point being, we can beat good teams.

Do you mean to tell me that it makes no differnce between having Gus Frerotte compared to Daunte Culpepper? I think that is quite a significant upgrade. It does mean something to better yourself in the off-season.

Sure, but it's not everything.

Take, as a perfect example, the 04-05 Panthers and 04-05 Eagles.

The 2004 Panthers were riddled with injuries. Steve Smith, Kris Jenkins, you name 'em. They were able to battle back, but still finished out of the playoffs at 7-9 a year after reaching the Super Bowl.

In the offseason, they lost Willig, Tillman, and Muhammed. They gained Bashir (injured late), Lucas, McCree, and Wahle. But in 2005, with their only big injury coming to Jenkins (again), they went 11-5 and made it to the NFC Championship.

The 2004 Eagles had only a handful of injuries (Ritchie, Andrews, Buckhalter, Kalu), went 13-3, and made it to the Super Bowl.

In the offseason, they lost Reese, Simon, Burgess, and Mayberry, while re-signing Westbrook and Trotter and picking up Gordon, McCants, Thomas, and Strickland. However, they were absolutely riddled with injuries to McNabb, Westbrook, Thomas, Sheppard, Buckhalter, Pinkston, Fraley, Reed, and McDougle. They finished 6-10 and in 4th place.

pats1 said:
Sure, but it's not everything.

Take, as a perfect example, the 04-05 Panthers and 04-05 Eagles.

The 2004 Panthers were riddled with injuries. Steve Smith, Kris Jenkins, you name 'em. They were able to battle back, but still finished out of the playoffs at 7-9 a year after reaching the Super Bowl.

In the offseason, they lost Willig, Tillman, and Muhammed. They gained Bashir (injured late), Lucas, McCree, and Wahle. But in 2005, with their only big injury coming to Jenkins (again), they went 11-5 and made it to the NFC Championship.

The 2004 Eagles had only a handful of injuries (Ritchie, Andrews, Buckhalter, Kalu), went 13-3, and made it to the Super Bowl.

In the offseason, they lost Reese, Simon, Burgess, and Mayberry, while re-signing Westbrook and Trotter and picking up Gordon, McCants, Thomas, and Strickland. However, they were absolutely riddled with injuries to McNabb, Westbrook, Thomas, Sheppard, Buckhalter, Pinkston, Fraley, Reed, and McDougle. They finished 6-10 and in 4th place.

I think you're missing my point. The Dolphins go from Gus Frerotte to Daunte Culpepper. That, without a doubt, makes the Dolphins a much better team. That's the only thing I'm trying to say is that that addition alone, makes Miami a much better team.

QB is the most important posistion and the Dolphins have upgraded significantly.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I think you're missing my point. The Dolphins go from Gus Frerotte to Daunte Culpepper. That, without a doubt, makes the Dolphins a much better team. That's the only thing I'm trying to say is that that addition alone, makes Miami a much better team.

QB is the most important posistion and the Dolphins have upgraded significantly.

Whether or not that will make them a better team remains to be seen - in the fall.

Mcmichel may not be a complete te but he is much more effective in what the fins ask him to do recieving than any of the pats TE by a large margin.

aquaticfan: we don't care about the Dolphins, if we did, i'm pretty sure we'd all be signed up on a Dolphins forum, but we're not, are we? so stop posting about them.

edit: aqua4ever, not aquaticfan

Last edited:
Underoath said:
aquaticfan: we don't care about the Dolphins, if we did, i'm pretty sure we'd all be signed up on a Dolphins forum, but we're not, are we? so stop posting about them.

edit: aqua4ever, not aquaticfan

Make sure before you sign up for stuff and before you post in certain areas, you remember to read a little bit about the place. This is the interleague forum you moron. It's a place for opposing fans to come in and sound off. So I'm pretty sure people that do come in here are looking to see stuff about other teams. HAHA, we got a genius on our hands here!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Make sure before you sign up for stuff and before you post in certain areas, you remember to read a little bit about the place. This is the interleague forum you moron. It's a place for opposing fans to come in and sound off. So I'm pretty sure people that do come in here are looking to see stuff about other teams. HAHA, we got a genius on our hands here!

i didn't say you weren't supposed to post in here...i said to stop posting about the Dolphins...it's one thing if you make a legitmit point in ONE thread...but you've posted like 2 or 3...like, seriously, do you honestly think we give a **** on your opinion about the Dolphins...?

and if you say no, then stop posting.

if you say yes, you're an idiot.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=36889

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=37025

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33998

3 seperate god damn threads on the Dolphins...SHUT THE HELL UP...make one god damn thread about the Dolphins, and post all your articles there...even though all you are asking to do is to get flamed by doing that, atleast you won't seem like as much of an idiot. god i can't wait for the season to start, so the Steelers kick YOUR Dolphins ass, and we win 13 or 14 games, while you and YOUR Dolphins suck it up.

the reason i said YOUR, a lot, is because you act as if you own the team.

Underoath said:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=36889

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=37025

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33998

3 seperate god damn threads on the Dolphins...SHUT THE HELL UP...make one god damn thread about the Dolphins, and post all your articles there...even though all you are asking to do is to get flamed by doing that, atleast you won't seem like as much of an idiot. god i can't wait for the season to start, so the Steelers kick YOUR Dolphins ass, and we win 13 or 14 games, while you and YOUR Dolphins suck it up.

the reason i said YOUR, a lot, is because you act as if you own the team.

How much would you like to bet that the Pats don't win 13 games?

that's your only comeback? out of everything i said, that's all you can think of?:rofl:

Underoath said:
that's your only comeback? out of everything i said, that's all you can think of?:rofl:

Well it's kind of hard when all you said was the Steelers would beat us and that the Pats would win 13 or 14 games. And by your response, I'm judging that you aren't too confident in making that wager with me.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Well it's kind of hard when all you said was the Steelers would beat us and that the Pats would win 13 or 14 games. And by your response, I'm judging that you aren't too confident in making that wager with me.
lol, sorry, i don't bet with people i don't know online.

NOTE FROM Ian: Last comment was unnecessary and not acceptable and has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back