PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Left Tackle

Seems like they might need to go with a volume approach here. Josh Jones and Mekhi Becton, see who wins the training camp battle? Or something along those lines. We are not getting sure fire quality, so need quantity at this point

Becton signed Thursday with the Bengals.

Seems like they might need to go with a volume approach here. Josh Jones and Mekhi Becton, see who wins the training camp battle? Or something along those lines. We are not getting sure fire quality, so need quantity at this point

Becton is youngish (24) and may still have some upside. Considering we’re going to be awful this year anyway, we might as well take a shot at someone like him. Maybe, he can be coached up.

Throw a bunch of money at Tyron Smith and take a tackle in the first few rounds.
Looks like the Jets are going to throw a bunch of money at him. Maybe like $20M. Yikes

Looks like the Jets are going to throw a bunch of money at him. Maybe like $20M. Yikes
Per a league source, Smith is guaranteed only $6.5 million in his one-year deal with the Jets. He’ll have to be available to play, and he’ll need to play a lot, to unlock the bulk of his available compensation. He’ll need to participate in at least 90 percent of the offensive snaps for the season to have a shot at the maximum package, for example.

Okay so we lost out of the best WR, best RB and Best LT available.

We signed a career backup qb with 10 wins and 30 losses.
A RB from the commanders that might be a jag
and resigned a few of our own guys for below market deals

I'm so jazzed to see if the patriots can go from almost having an 18-0 season to a 0-18 season in one regime change.

Hopefully there aren’t a ton of teams left that want a LT in free agency. I’m personally counting 8-10 that could use an upgrade.
T. Brown
C. Leno
D. Bakhtiari (oft injured/stud when healthy)
D. Smith
D. Humphries (Depending on recovery)
J. Jones
A. Dillard
Y. Nijman

Surely we can land one of these guys that can fill in at LT.
You can add Josh Jones to that list. Who has played both sides and guard. Caserio gave a fifth last year to rent him for the year. I think something like a 5 mill a year deal could bring him in

You can add Josh Jones to that list. Who has played both sides and guard. Caserio gave a fifth last year to rent him for the year. I think something like a 5 mill a year deal could bring him in
He’s in there, actually, he’s my preferred guy. Young, hasn’t been given an opportunity really. Kind of a lottery ticket that could pay off big.

Not going to be that drastic need for a LT if your QB is a leftie (physically not politically). I think the Pats are showing a “tell” here - Vikings trading for additional #1, seemingly no interest in FA OT market, and signing Big Mike. Pats appear to be setting up for a trade down and eventual drafting of Michael Pennix and hopefully a couple of receivers in the first two rounds.

Throw the bag at Oli Udoh... let's go.

Not going to be that drastic need for a LT if your QB is a leftie (physically not politically). I think the Pats are showing a “tell” here - Vikings trading for additional #1, seemingly no interest in FA OT market, and signing Big Mike. Pats appear to be setting up for a trade down and eventual drafting of Michael Pennix and hopefully a couple of receivers in the first two rounds.
A trade down seems like a given at this point. I was thinking Nix would be the target, but you bring up an interesting point about setting the stage for a lefty QB.

Maybe the plan is Penix at 11, a WR at 23, and RT at 34.

Tyron Smith just signed with the Jets.

I can't blame him. The Jets have the weapons to make a run. He deserves a team that has a chance. As an elite vet, going to a team in absolute rebuild mode doesn't sound all that fun.

Pats will win more games then last season. You can bet on that.

I think drafting a player that is recovering from injury on an incentive laden deal makes sense for LT and X receiver positions.

I wouldn’t mind Humphries and Mike Williams (although free agency this far has taught me not expect any signing I would like)

Boy… that’s a theory.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back