PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lee Smith and Alge Crumpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez is our #3 receiver.

Vereen seems to have pretty good receiving ability as well. So we'll have a receiving TE and a receiving RB out there potentially on the same lineup (not to mention potentially Gronk who has shown decent hands)! Alongside our WRs!

Cover THAT Rex Ryan! Seriously, what can he do ... change out his front line for DBs too? We'll run right by em! BRING IT JESTERS! :rocker:

p.s. is it fall yet? now? how about NOW!!?!

Last edited:
gotta figure slater gone

Ras Al Ghul, TCU DB, Smith the new additions on ST.

4 TE's means 1 less RB and or 1 less WR

welker
Branch
Tate
Price
Edelman

Gronk
Hernandez
Crump
Smith

Woody
Lawfirm
Vareen
riddley

all seem locks

who is out from that group?:eek:

that looks very heavy

10char

my cuts clayton morris fragile glass slater fletcher butler [white ? not sure of white yet if he is ok keep

hopefully our LS can be let go when Lee gets it down:rocker:

the cuts i made i dont think we lose a weapon. carry 1 less T G or DL

was lee a capable LS?

Last edited:
10char

my cuts clayton morris fragile glass slater fletcher butler [white ? not sure of white yet if he is ok keep

hopefully our LS can be let go when Lee gets it down:rocker:

the cuts i made i dont think we lose a weapon. carry 1 less T G or DL

was lee a capable LS?

Morris and White are UFA..

Why would you cut Dane Fletcher, Slater, and Butler??? Let's see how the new guys do in TC. OH, and Fletcher was the best coverage LB last year for the Pats.. Not sure you want to cut him.

I expect White to be re-signed because his play really improved the coverage unit. As did Fletcher's.

I don't foresee the Pats cutting Butler. First is that there are rumors that Dowling was drafted to play safety, not CB.

The next is that the safeties aren't set. Not with Page's status up in the air and with Meriweather and Sanders being UFA after the season.

Morris and White are UFA..

Why would you cut Dane Fletcher, Slater, and Butler??? Let's see how the new guys do in TC. OH, and Fletcher was the best coverage LB last year for the Pats.. Not sure you want to cut him.

I expect White to be re-signed because his play really improved the coverage unit. As did Fletcher's.

I don't foresee the Pats cutting Butler. First is that there are rumors that Dowling was drafted to play safety, not CB.

The next is that the safeties aren't set. Not with Page's status up in the air and with Meriweather and Sanders being UFA after the season.

A few things. Arrington>Butler
Murrell>Fletcher
Slater is a JOKE WR idc if he is solid ST that **** means less now w/ K/O's being moved up. Expect 85% Touch backs

The Liam Niessen Ras will play CB opposite McCourty UNLESS if Brandon is traded.

do you foresee a Merriweather trade? He has played well, but character concerns and him being a UFA next year weaken his cause for sticking w/ Pats.

If MERRY BERRY is traded then I am all for playin Liam Niessen @ S

imo Brandon is overrated and obviously has no PAT future past this season:bricks:

I do not see him as a 2012 PAT... why keep the present guy that is not part of the FUTURE? Chung>MerryBerries

a desperate team looking for a S should look this kid up:)

Arizona plz take Hoyer... He is worth a 2:)

I meant to say they were gone. Morris/Fred

I want 4 TE's but my dad does not see it:(

quite the athlete/coach (Browns) Drafted him said no to papa Joe right out of Brookline High..... Athlete of the Decade @ College (x) :eek: NFL and NHL wanted him.

I hope he is wrong I really do.... he just does not see 4 TE's

ammunition vs. Dad.... when did PATS use 4 TE's? some one mentioned it. I wanna know when b/c I told him what that comment person said about us having 4 TE's but I said it as if i knew it.

Dadz knows his football I just hope he is wrong:D

Last edited:
The only way Fletcher is cut is if he has a leg amputated in the offseason.

Crumpler will be a cap casualty. To be the third or fourth TE and the second or third Blocking TE off the bench and takeing up a criticle 4th possition on the TE depth chart with a total cap charge over 3 million I just don't see it . I fully respect him as a player, but he served his purpuse breaking in the two rookies last year and giveing the team a year of insurance at TE during the adjustment period. He would also hinder the progress of smith by takeing needed reps from him. Smith will do fine learning and shareing reps with Gronk, and Hernandez. Crumpler might get stached on PUP useing his sholder surgery as a reason but the 3 mill. tells me he is gone. And with BB bussiness is bussiness.
PS. Crump goes on the phone call list if not picked up.

Last edited:
Hoyer to zona for a 2nd rounder HOYER IS AN EASY 2. (Go waste a pick on some rookie):bricks: Hoyer has learned from the best. Mallett will be a capable back up.:D

Merry Berries to team x for a 3rd (Team X will have interest in extension)

Crumpler will be a cap casualty. To be the third or fourth TE and the second or third Blocking TE off the bench and takeing up a criticle 4th possition on the TE depth chart with a total cap charge over 3 million I just don't see it . I fully respect him as a player, but he served his purpuse breaking in the two rookies last year and giveing the team a year of insurance at TE during the adjustment period. He would also hinder the progress of smith by takeing needed reps from him. Smith will do fine learning and shareing reps with Gronk, and Hernandez. Crumpler might get stached on PUP useing his sholder surgery as a reason but the 3 mill. tells me he is gone. And with BB bussiness is bussiness.

Not a chance. He isn't "the second or third Blocking TE off the bench", he is a starting TE. And BB absolutely loves him.

Just like with Fletcher, Crumpler isn't going anywhere.

will bill keep 4 TE's Mr. LEE b/c CRUMP is injury prone?
\

I hope we keep 4 and Lee can LS:)

edit.

Crump Gr8 blocker hard hands :(

Last edited:
A few things. Arrington>Butler Arrington was slightly better than Butler, yes. But both are still developing. The team usually tries to carry 5 CBs.

Murrell>Fletcher That's why Fletcher spent the entire year on the team and Murrell was cut the first game of the season before being brought back at the end of the season.. OH, and Fletcher played in 13 games.. Murrell played in 1.

Slater is a JOKE WR idc if he is solid ST that **** means less now w/ K/O's being moved up. Expect 85% Touch backs That's interesting because, when I last looked, the league average for kick-offs was less than 65 yards.. It was around 63 yards or so. You acting like there is going to be a huge decline in run backs is silly... Especially when you look at the number of run backs teams had prior to the rule change that moved kick-offs to the 30 yard line from the 35.

Slater is actually a good blocker. I agree that he's a horrible receiver. But he plays on all 6 special teams units.

The Liam Niessen Ras will play CB opposite McCourty UNLESS if Brandon is traded.

Ras-I is going to be a slot corner with Bodden playing opposite McCourty. The rumors have him moving back to safety if Meriweather is gone after next season..

do you foresee a Merriweather trade? He has played well, but character concerns and him being a UFA next year weaken his cause for sticking w/ Pats.

If MERRY BERRY is traded then I am all for playin Liam Niessen @ S

imo Brandon is overrated and obviously has no PAT future past this season:bricks:

I do not see him as a 2012 PAT... why keep the present guy that is not part of the FUTURE? Chung>MerryBerries

a desperate team looking for a S should look this kid up:)

Meriweather could be traded. But the longer the lock-out drags on, the less likely it is..

Last edited:
Murrell>Fletcher
They're different players at different positions. Murrell was on the roster for one game. Fletcher played in 13. That statement is as far from the truth as they get.

Slater is a JOKE WR idc if he is solid ST that **** means less now w/ K/O's being moved up. Expect 85% Touch backs
He's still a punt gunner. If Slater doesn't make the team, it's going to be so another special teamer like Malcolm Williams does.

Last edited:
I am an O guy....

I just pulled those names off of depth chart. Murrell his name seemed more recognized than Fletcher's (guess not)

I am new so I miss out on the threads of the past. compliments critiques etc

Not a chance. He isn't "the second or third Blocking TE off the bench", he is a starting TE. And BB absolutely loves him.

Just like with Fletcher, Crumpler isn't going anywhere.

Gronkowski is the starting TE and Smith has the tools to move up.
BB loveing Crump has nothing to do with a bussiness decision. BB would never have waisted a 5th rd. pick to place a 4th TE on the roster with other needs, he drafted Smith who is a younger version of Crump to replace him and his 3 mill. total cap. BB loved Troy Brown but time came for him to go, He loves Faulk but it is his time to go, simerlarly it is Crumplers time to go.

Hoyer to zona for a 2nd rounder HOYER IS AN EASY 2. (Go waste a pick on some rookie):bricks: Hoyer has learned from the best. Mallett will be a capable back up.:D

Merry Berries to team x for a 3rd (Team X will have interest in extension)

How bout Mallett plus our 1st next year to Arizona for Larry Fitsgerrald if he will sign long term.

Last edited:
SolderKing - From 1974 through 1994, kick-offs were made from the 35 yard line.

Kick-offs were moved from the 35 to the 30 in 1994 and are now being moved back to the 35.

We will see a slight rise in touchbacks. But, as I pointed out earlier, the league average for kick-offs was around 63 yards. That would put the ball around the 7 yard line, on average. Move it back 5 yards and you're at the 2 yard line. Yes, you'll have guys like Billy Cundiff setting records for TBs and Gostkowski drilling them, but they are not the average kicker.

In all honesty, I believe that the move will actually backfire on them league. I think that we'll see injuries increase on kick-offs with the move to closer because players won't be as tired from running when they hit one another.

Gronkowski is the starting TE and Smith has the tools to move up.
BB loveing Crump has nothing to do with a bussiness decision. BB would never have waisted a 5th rd. pick to place a 4th TE on the roster with other needs, he drafted Smith who is a younger version of Crump to replace him and his 3 mill. total cap. BB loved Troy Brown but time came for him to go, He loves Faulk but it is his time to go, simerlarly it is Crumplers time to go.

:confused:

How is it "wasting" a 5th round pick to give him a season to mature under the tuteledge of the player you want him to model his game after?

BB's love for Crumpler is based on his play on the field and his leadership in the locker room. Unless one of them goes into the toilet - unlikely - then Crumpler isn't going anywhere.

Hoyer to zona for a 2nd rounder HOYER IS AN EASY 2.

facepalmm.gif

SolderKing - From 1974 through 1994, kick-offs were made from the 35 yard line.

Kick-offs were moved from the 35 to the 30 in 1994 and are now being moved back to the 35.

We will see a slight rise in touchbacks. But, as I pointed out earlier, the league average for kick-offs was around 63 yards. That would put the ball around the 7 yard line, on average. Move it back 5 yards and you're at the 2 yard line. Yes, you'll have guys like Billy Cundiff setting records for TBs and Gostkowski drilling them, but they are not the average kicker.

In all honesty, I believe that the move will actually backfire on them league. I think that we'll see injuries increase on kick-offs with the move to closer because players won't be as tired from running when they hit one another.

Don't forget that everyone but the kicker on the kicking team must line up within 5 yard of the ball, thus eliminateing the fifteen yard running head starts that jacked up the colision speed, and will allow the recieveing team a better chance to get back and set up the returns before the gunners are on them. Collision speed may reduce and returns may be able to be set up better. Thus gunners will be less effective makeing players like Slater more expendable.

Unlikely due to the lockout. Meriweather's contract also doesn't expire until the end of the year. I like Ras-I Dowling's upside. But BB is likely to want to keep the experience in the secondary until Ras-I and the other younger members of the secondary are up to speed.

Another unlikely trade. BB wants to carry 3 QBs because that's the Pats normal QB depth. He feels like he's been 'getting away' with just 2 for the past couple of years. Now if the Pats plan to draft another backup QB in 2012, Hoyer is probably going to be trade bait leading up to or during the 2012 Draft.

It's nice to dream of draft picks, but the demand and the opportunity needs to be there as well. Unlike Kolb and Cassel who actually played some to increase their value, Hoyer hasn't seen any significant action so his trade value is more likely to be on the 3rd day rather than the 2nd day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back