PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest thinking on offensive roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The OL from 03-06

Maybe like the game day rosters of the 53?? Duh?? Maybe 03 and 04 WERE the abberations..none the less..they won two Super Bowls without that many offensive linemen. 8/7 being the predominant number.

Man. Way to be an arse about it. I was CURIOUS. But you go right ahead and be arrogant.

As for how many SBs they won, as I said, its hard to add a person to the team that late in the season. Especially if you don't have that position on the practice squad.

Man. Way to be an arse about it. I was CURIOUS. But you go right ahead and be arrogant.

As for how many SBs they won, as I said, its hard to add a person to the team that late in the season. Especially if you don't have that position on the practice squad.
I think you started to be that way with your comment..well I took it to be that....
Not sure where you are getting your numbers from.
Not sure..like I was pulling them out of a hat..for instance..didn't sound curious to me..and I acted in kind. Sorry if I came across that way. As I said..it might be that those years were MORE the anomalie..but it's still incredibly interesting that they had 8 or even 7 for a lot of weeks in those 2 years. And yes, I think we both established that during the last 4 years the team had a few OL always on the PSquad.

I thought 17 was way too many, but maybe not. 14 is too many roster spots.

My preference would be
WR 5 + 2 on the PUP list
TE 3 + 1 on the Practice Squad (I expect Thomas to have a roster spot)
RB/FB/HB 5

If Mills can win one of the spots, then he does. But we only need EIGHT positions between WR and TE. This is especially true since we are likely to carry an additional one or two on both PUP and the Practice Squad. As of now, I would give Mills the fifth RB spot.

I doubt they will keep 2 on the PSquad; just other players needed to be there..QB, OL, LB etc. I would say Childress for sure as they see a lot in him as a future player. THAT IS if he doesn't make the 53. I agree the RBs do need to have receiving skills...and the 4 do.
I am not sure about TE; if they keep 4, no PSqd player. Thomas might be PUPed.
I think 17 is too many...yes?

I think you started to be that way with your comment..well I took it to be that....
Not sure..like I was pulling them out of a hat..for instance..didn't sound curious to me..and I acted in kind. Sorry if I came across that way. As I said..it might be that those years were MORE the anomalie..but it's still incredibly interesting that they had 8 or even 7 for a lot of weeks in those 2 years. And yes, I think we both established that during the last 4 years the team had a few OL always on the PSquad.

Maybe you need to get thicker skin or something. God forbid I look for a source to add so that information can be shared. Just like when someone asked where I was getting my info on dropped passes, I WILLINGLY posted the link.

As for what they had on the practice squad, who did they have in 03 and o4 that wasn't already promoted? The ONLY one I can think of was Jamil Soriano and he was cut. I am always open to new information, but I don't remember them replenishing the PS with O-line in 03 and 04 until they got Yates, but they even had to bring him up, as you pointed out.

Maybe you need to get thicker skin or something.
I think you should take your own advice..you sounded like a 4 year old tot..PLEEEZ!!
As for what they had on the practice squad, who did they have in 03 and o4 that wasn't already promoted? The ONLY one I can think of was Jamil Soriano and he was cut. I am always open to new information, but I don't remember them replenishing the PS with O-line in 03 and 04 until they got Yates, but they even had to bring him up, as you pointed out.
Jamil Soriano and Tim Provost were on the PSqd the entire 03 season. Going into 04, both were in training camp and both were cut. David Pruce who played in NFLE was on teh Psqd after camp but was replaced by Billy Yates. Also in the PSquad mix later in the season was Lance Nimmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick