PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody can run well for the colts, b/c teams concede the run to protect against the pass. I'm surprised you didn't know this.

Yes but when the team is missing it's #1 Pass threat it's star RB and playing the number 1 overall defense in the NFC (yes I know it's the NFC) it's still inpressive to a back who's only played in a couple of NFL games to step in with that production, expected but still impressive

It doesnt really matter who the Colts beat today (or by how much) because we all know they can beat anyone on game weekend. The same goes for the Patriots.

Yes but when the team is missing it's #1 Pass threat it's star RB and playing the number 1 overall defense in the NFC (yes I know it's the NFC) it's still inpressive to a back who's only played in a couple of NFL games to step in with that production, expected but still impressive

not impressive, but it's a win nonetheless.

two of the three Buc wins were against teams that currently have a combined ZERO wins.

not impressive, but it's a win nonetheless.

two of the three Buc wins were against teams that currently have a combined ZERO wins.

Seriously, the NFC South is atrocious. No QBs in that division, not with the way Drew Brees has regressed.

I agree Colts, Pats then everyone else. With the Colts being the second youngest team in the NFL we're going to be around for a while, hopefully the Pats too.

This is an interesting note, and probably deserves its own thread at some point...but Indy is very young on defense. As far as the offensive side goes, NE is a tiny bit younger, actually. Not much, but a bit. It's on the defensive side of the ball that the youth of the Colts shows. I only looked at the starters, which is not exactly scientific--but Indy's starters are about twice as young as our defensive starters.

Now, that is just on the starting roster. We have youthful backups. And we were also younger when Sanders was starting instead of Rodney, e.g. But that does not change the reality, which I think everyone acknowledges (and has acknowledged).

Moreover, you could look at it from a different perpective, and say that our defense is twice as experienced. ;) As a result of this, youth is not any guarantee of excellence (see Buffalo, Houston, NYJ, and Arizona, all very young teams).

Anyway, no need to hijack the thread; a topic for another time.

The Colts played an excellent game today and didn't even seem to resort to the holding they are so famous for. They simply blew the Buccaneers off the line time and again. I hope that Jacksonville and Carolina can wear them down a bit prior to the week 9 matchup.

I agree Colts, Pats then everyone else. With the Colts being the second youngest team in the NFL we're going to be around for a while, hopefully the Pats too.

Both the Patriots and Colts will be perennial Super Bowl contenders as long as their starting QBs are Brady and Manning respectively. Your point about youth is misleading. The Colts are only as young as Peyton Manning and the Pats are as young as Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Both the Patriots and Colts will be perennial Super Bowl contenders as long as their starting QBs are Brady and Manning respectively. Your point about youth is misleading. The Colts are only as young as Peyton Manning and the Pats are as young as Tom Brady.

And of course Manning has been around longer than Brady. Even though it took him soooooooooo long to win 1 championship.

I think Jacksonville could beat Indy. Their defense is currently playing at a very high level and Drew/Taylor are finding their feet. Hopefully Stroud, Henderson, Mathis, and company can frustrate Indy (aka hold them to no more than 20 points) while Drew and Taylor grind out the clock.

Carolina, however, has no chance if Delhomme is out. Their offense is no good without him and the defense is not good enough to keep Manning at bay. I think when we play each other, Indy will have lost one game at the most. Then again, you never know- any given Sunday.

Great, I can't wait to listen to 10,000 Favre mentions throughout the Sunday Night Game :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News