PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Late Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
they wouldve beaten them with them IMO

Well I could have told you that. I don't see any NFC team beating Indy period.

Pittman was carted off with an injury very early.

Last edited:
they wouldve beaten them with them IMO

Yes, Tampa's not ready yet to compete with Indy.

And Polian seems to have scored another good draft pick with Anthony Gonzalez...Indy's scouts have a good eye for draft talent, it would seem.

Yes, Tampa's not ready yet to compete with Indy.

And Polian seems to have scored another good draft pick with Anthony Gonzalez...Indy's scouts have a good eye for draft talent, it would seem.

Gonzalez was on A LOT of people's radar's draft day. That was a no brainer.

Eye for talent is Sammy Morris having 2 straight 100 yard games.

I always found it odd that:

Billick and Newsome = Defensive team

I don't know how he does it, but Baltimore is in the mix still. o_o

That is because they are facing The 49ers who are awful. The Ravens really haven't look that great this year. The Jets of all teams should have tied that game and they were just passing over that defense in the final quarter.

The more I watch, the more it seems that New England and Indy are in a world of their own, and no AFC team could hope to match up against them (in a big game especially). Only Pittsburgh and San Diego come close, but considering their recent form, even SD is out of the equation.

Baltimore is Baltimore. On paper they are good, but on the field they have too many stars without enough team chemistry and their offense is horrendously inconsistent.

Denver is always a threat, but this year, Shannahan has allowed the D-line to get too thin and the entire defense is suffering immensly. Cutler still needs time to develop as well.

Jacksonville, like Baltimore, can have some amazing games, followed by some horrible performances. And their passing game is very questionable.

Tennessee, I think, is not a contender yet. Vince Young needs to improve. The running game needs to improve. Jeff Fisher has worked wonders with what he has, but the team just doesnt have enough talent or experience to be contenders.

Oakland, despite their record, have way too many question marks. Their running game should be fantastic and their defense is good, but a great D can stop Lamont Jordan and Manning/Brady are good enough to pick apart that defense.

So whats left? Cincy is out of the question until proven otherwise. The Jets have fallen off. Houston still needs some help at RB and on defense.

That leaves Indy and NE as the only true contenders, with Pitts close behind, and San Diego following them if they can get their act together. No real parity in the AFC.

Gonzalez was on A LOT of people's radar's draft day. That was a no brainer.

Eye for talent is Sammy Morris having 2 straight 100 yard games.

Sammy Morris is a great find and the Pats are, as an organization, great at finding talent, but there is no point in questioning Indy's scouting either. They have built their current team almost exclusively through the draft (Manning, Wayne, Addai, Freeney, Sanders, etc). Polian's scouting crew does a very good job when it comes to finding good young players.

Jacksonville is what I call: Team Schizo

The more I watch, the more it seems that New England and Indy are in a world of their own, and no AFC team could hope to match up against them (in a big game especially). Only Pittsburgh and San Diego come close, but considering their recent form, even SD is out of the equation.

Baltimore is Baltimore. On paper they are good, but on the field they have too many stars without enough team chemistry and their offense is horrendously inconsistent.

Denver is always a threat, but this year, Shannahan has allowed the D-line to get too thin and the entire defense is suffering immensly. Cutler still needs time to develop as well.

Jacksonville, like Baltimore, can have some amazing games, followed by some horrible performances. And their passing game is very questionable.

Tennessee, I think, is not a contender yet. Vince Young needs to improve. The running game needs to improve. Jeff Fisher has worked wonders with what he has, but the team just doesnt have enough talent or experience to be contenders.

Oakland, despite their record, have way too many question marks. Their running game should be fantastic and their defense is good, but a great D can stop Lamont Jordan and Manning/Brady are good enough to pick apart that defense.

So whats left? Cincy is out of the question until proven otherwise. The Jets have fallen off. Houston still needs some help at RB and on defense.

That leaves Indy and NE as the only true contenders, with Pitts close behind, and San Diego following them if they can get their act together. No real parity in the AFC.

I agree Colts, Pats then everyone else. With the Colts being the second youngest team in the NFL we're going to be around for a while, hopefully the Pats too.

I have the 49ers here. I guess they take pity on Denver in Miami.

Why is CBS keeping this game on? Its 41-3 and there is another game right now thats 9-7.

The 49er's froced the Ravesn to punt and B Moore ran into the punter. 1st down Ravens. Now they forced Balt to punt again and it's Niners ball, 20 yardline, 6:22 to go.

SF missed the FG. Ravens still in control....

Speaking of the AFC in the near future, I wonder if Houston will rise to the occasion and become contenders next year. I think they are one good RB away from having a prolific offense (Schaub is pretty good, he just needs some support) and their defense has some very talanted young guns (Demeco Ryans is a monster, Mario Williams is also solid and Amobi Okoye is showing some potential). I think that the Texans may become more dangerous more quickly than Tennessee (which seems to be the other young team on the rise).

Hopefully some parity returns by next season. Itd also be interesting to see if Mike can fix the Broncos and get them some better D-linemen so that they can return to form in 2008.

Yeah it was also indy without Harrison, Addai, Sanders, Utech, Keiaho, and Moorehead. Pretty deep Indy team Kenton Keith (who?) Over 110 yards rushing and 2 td's

Last edited:
Speaking of the AFC in the near future, I wonder if Houston will rise to the occasion and become contenders next year. I think they are one good RB away from having a prolific offense (Schaub is pretty good, he just needs some support) and their defense has some very talanted young guns (Demeco Ryans is a monster, Mario Williams is also solid and Amobi Okoye is showing some potential). I think that the Texans may become more dangerous more quickly than Tennessee (which seems to be the other young team on the rise).

Hopefully some parity returns by next season. Itd also be interesting to see if Mike can fix the Broncos and get them some better D-linemen so that they can return to form in 2008.

Parity can't return, it's never existed. It's a myth perpetuated by the league. Ever since the salary cap era has started, there has been no parity. The best drafting teams always win. Always.

i expect rivers and LT to start yapping again..i personally think i dislike rivers more than manning or anyone

Yeah it was also indy without Harrison, Addai, Sanders, Utech, Keiaho, and Moorehead. Pretty deep Indy team Kenton Keith (who?) Over 110 yards rushing and 2 td's

Tampa Bay Sucks. You didn't need any of those players to beat that team. That being said, I was impressed with some of the young players on the team.

Tampa Bay Sucks. You didn't need any of those players to beat that team. That being said, I was impressed with some of the young players on the team.

i think butterflies could beat the Bucs

Anybody can run well for the colts, b/c teams concede the run to protect against the pass. I'm surprised you didn't know this.

Ravens win. Draft pick improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey