PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LA Times on Ted Wells' scientific "experts" Exponent

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a crock of ****. Kraft should start his own investigation of the league office. Did Ted Wells write a result based report? Better hand over his phone, oh he doesn't want to? We can only speculate then and it's far more probable than not he's a money grubbing piece of ****.

that's a 25K team fine. it says nothing about what is going to happen to brady personally. brady is headed for the guillotine.

the NFLPA will make sure that does not happen........if all Goodell could get is 2 games for Ray Rice, players' counsel will eat goodell alive

I agree! Why should they listen to anyone from Harvard, MIT, BU, BC, CalTech etc.
Bunker Hill CC has the same amount of credibility as these chuckleheads.

To be clear I think this whole thing is a bunch of crap and another great job by the NFL to allow this whole thing to blow up way out of proportion.

The damning evidence in the report is not the air pressures of the footballs, it is the text messages between the ball attendants and Brady and those messages indicate that Tom knew the ball attendants were tampering with the footballs. Funny thing is that those text messages also look like Tom was trying to get his ball attendants to make sure the balls were at 12.5 and not 16 psi or something like that.

Did he have the ball attendants check the footballs to make sure they weren't "watermelons"? probably did.
Did he want the footballs deflated below regulation? I don't think so.
Did he win with regulation footballs decisively numerous times? Absolutely.

To be clear I think this whole thing is a bunch of crap and another great job by the NFL to allow this whole thing to blow up way out of proportion.

The damning evidence in the report is not the air pressures of the footballs, it is the text messages between the ball attendants and Brady and those messages indicate that Tom knew the ball attendants were tampering with the footballs. Funny thing is that those text messages also look like Tom was trying to get his ball attendants to make sure the balls were at 12.5 and not 16 psi or something like that.

Did he have the ball attendants check the footballs to make sure they weren't "watermelons"? probably did.
Did he want the footballs deflated below regulation? I don't think so.
Did he win with regulation footballs decisively numerous times? Absolutely.

Right. There's plenty of evidence Brady wanted the balls below 16 PSI. I don't recall any evidence, however, that he wanted them below 12.5.

What a crock of ****. Kraft should start his own investigation of the league office. Did Ted Wells write a result based report? Better hand over his phone, oh he doesn't want to? We can only speculate then and it's far more probable than not he's a money grubbing piece of ****.
Of course he wrote a results based report. If they had exonerated the Patriots, the NFL would have embarrassed themselves. Remember, the NFL ruined the lead up to the superbowl for us Patriots fans.

I want Goodell fired.

Even if (that's' a big if in my mind) Brady liked them below 12.5 PSI, then I don't think they did anything to alter the footballs. To me, it sounds like the rubbing process created additional heat that would allow the refs to measure at 12.5 PSI and then (over time) the balls would naturally cool to make them slightly below 12.5 PSI for game time.

Now, we've herd from several groups for and against temperature changes affecting PSI, but I don't think one person (or even the Wells report?) discusses how the Patriots prepare their football. This is the possible angle and the grey rule that Brady could run with.

did they deliver valid footballs to the Refs, I would think so.
were the balls capable of being reduced without the need for anyone to alter them. I think that is entirely possible.

Similarly, if Rodgers likes his with more pressure, I think he'd be able to put cooler air in and it would naturally inflate after the temperature normalized.

Of course he wrote a results based report. If they had exonerated the Patriots, the NFL would have embarrassed themselves. Remember, the NFL ruined the lead up to the superbowl for us Patriots fans.

I want Goodell fired.
The NFL as well as the Jets and the NY Media have tried to ruin every Super Bowl since '85. In '96 the Pats were winning playoff games and the headlines of the papers the next day were constantly about Parcells going to the Jets. We had the Randy Moss finger debacle, The Matt Walsh BS, Spygate rehashes and now deflate BS. I have a brother in law who is a big time NY money guy, and his jealousy over the Bledsoe team was unbelievable, he literally could not handle that a Boston team had a winning football team and the Jets were terrible. When Parcells jumped ship they were crowing as if their tampering and ruining the Pats SB was better than winning it themselves. Imagine what this type of entitlement turned into after BB leaves their putrid swamp, and Brady becomes the best ever. These are the people who run the NFL. This is the mindset. NY runs the country because they control the money and information, why should it be any different in sports?

Even if (that's' a big if in my mind) Brady liked them below 12.5 PSI, then I don't think they did anything to alter the footballs. To me, it sounds like the rubbing process created additional heat that would allow the refs to measure at 12.5 PSI and then (over time) the balls would naturally cool to make them slightly below 12.5 PSI for game time.

Now, we've herd from several groups for and against temperature changes affecting PSI, but I don't think one person (or even the Wells report?) discusses how the Patriots prepare their football. This is the possible angle and the grey rule that Brady could run with.

did they deliver valid footballs to the Refs, I would think so.
were the balls capable of being reduced without the need for anyone to alter them. I think that is entirely possible.

Similarly, if Rodgers likes his with more pressure, I think he'd be able to put cooler air in and it would naturally inflate after the temperature normalized.

Agreed, similarly Brady could go at the NFL and claim that they were habitually over inflating his balls, and he needed to make sure he wasn't being fu-ked.

Back in January, the NY Times reported that the Wells commission had reached out to Columbia to determine if physics could account for the drop in the PSI (see link). I wonder if Wells didn't like the answer he got from the physicists at Columbia and hired Exponent to get the answers he was looking for.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/s...ysicist-over-patriots-deflated-footballs.html

He probably did. It's no different than getting into a debate on here or in any arena and your opponent tailoring their Google search to find the answers they want. Wells probably knew that the investigation was going to turn up a lot of "probably's" and needed something to justify the king's ransom the league was giving him to publish this joke of a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back