PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Court lambasts Exponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This was all about integrity of the game, right? Smh.

It's so obvious why they picked this company. That alone proves this was a witch hunt. Initially, they were going to consult with Columbia, but obviously that was not going to give Wells the results he was looking for.

Unfortunately this bit of news will be ignored by the national media.

No but this is great and somewhat related as it is about the other sources Well investigation went to before Exponent but didn't include in report. Ted Wells news was fun yank his chain the night before the Brady appeal. A list was compiled from Wells' law firm public web site of every email address for every lawyer at the firm, not by me but by the firm itself, http://www.paulweiss.com/professionalsearchresult.aspx?all=all and there are almost 800 of them. A reporter contacted them all or some significant portion the night before the Brady appeal and asked them questions having to do with the Wells report and if anyone or firm was consulted prior to and besides Exponent for the science and if their analysis, opinion or review was not put in the Wells report. I would imagine that it is just a matter of time until more info on what went on inside the creation of the Wells Report comes out slowly. With a staff that large it is inevitable that someone will have an axe to grind etc.. One can only imagine how Mr Wells would have reacted to this inquiry on the eve of the Brady appeal though I am certain he is fully capable of dealing with press and was not the least flustered by it as shown by his stellar performance at his own press call (joke).

It would certainly be interesting if it came to pass that sources other than Exponent were consulted and/or utilized but their data and findings were not used in the final Wells report for some reason. I for one could not help but note that Appendix 1, the Exponent report starting on page 146 of the Wells report, was dated on May 6, the same date as the Wells report itself. If I were writing a final report based on reports submitted to me, I would expect them to have different dates. I guess these folks are just so good they could digest the Exponent report and write the 145 page Wells report on the same day. I would have needed far more time to put this together.

Are we to believe that the Wells report was written the same day they received the Exponent report? I am sure it is nothing and they are just that good and there were no other scientific sources consulted prior to Exponent and that no contradictory scientific findings were withheld from the Wells report which could have come in in the MONTHS before May 6th. I am certain that these folks would never have discarded information contracting their theory and then gone and hired a scientific hired gun to deliver what they wanted but failed to obtain from previous sources. That would be as unethical as giving the accused false information and in court, you can be sure that the question on who else they used would be asked :)

Oh just ignore this story http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/28/s...st-over-patriots-deflated-footballs.html?_r=0

"A law firm hired by the N.F.L. to investigate footballs used by the New England Patriots has formally asked the Columbia University physics department for help in understanding how weather and temperature could affect the pressure in footballs, according to a summary of the communication obtained by The New York Times."

Last edited:
Tell us again, Volin, how credible Exponent is. It makes the guy sound really smart.

When real scientists (Columbia) won't give you the desired outcome, you hire Exponent. Shouldn't work, but there are enough aggressively stupid morons out there (like Volin) that it does sometimes.

Tell us again, Volin, how credible Exponent is. It makes the guy sound really smart.

When real scientists (Columbia) won't give you the desired outcome, you hire Exponent. Shouldn't work, but there are enough aggressively stupid morons out there (like Volin) that it does sometimes.

Uh....uh....uh.....Text Messages!!! Non-Cooperation!!! SpyGate!!! Kraft Foods!!!

The community of Environmental Health professionals that have been fighting to protect us from tobacco, asbestos, lead, and a host of other toxins can directly attribute Exponent's behavior to millions of cases of chronic disease and death. What they are doing in this case is relatively inconsequential. They are pure evil for hire, representing the most cynical aspects of public policy making. There's a deep deep place in hell for them and those they serve, far deeper than everyday rapists and murderers (if measured by impact of behavior).

Someone forward this to Florio...he loves this sh*t

I always understood a true "victory" in this would come after a protracted affair. But for where we are on the time line at this point, the number of positive are really exceeding my expectations.

"I have e-mails from both Judge Reinhold and Mike Judge who both say that Exponent is a fine corporation with upmost integrity. Why do Pats fans only listen to judges that trash Exponent while ignoring Judges that support Exponent?"

- Ben Volin

Last edited:
Felger and Mazz began talking about Volin's email buddy. I knew they were going to act like the stat nerd had disproved AEI. Shut that **** off real quick.

It's becoming clearer every day that this entire saga was indeed a witch hunt by the NFL trying to wack the Patriots for something they didn't do

What I would love to know is WHY the NFL had it in for the Patriots

I suspect we'll never really know

Volin always talks about how the Columbia professor signed off on the Exponent report, but you gotta wonder if he just signed off on the portion that made the Patriots look guilty and didn't know about all the data. Wells just gave the professor what he needed to know to back up Exponent and not the full report.

Felger and Mazz began talking about Volin's email buddy. I knew they were going to act like the stat nerd had disproved AEI. Shut that **** off real quick.
Just did. Idk why I turned it on...just thought it would be some Bruins *****ing.

Just did. Idk why I turned it on...just thought it would be some Bruins *****ing.
Same but I knew where the clown car was heading as soon as I heard the smuggness in Felger's voice.

Hilarious how contrarian they are. Everyone hates the Bruin's weekend, Felger says its not that bad to be the lone voice. Piss off.

Same but I knew where the clown car was heading as soon as I heard the smuggness in Felger's voice.

Hilarious how contrarian they are. Everyone hates the Bruin's weekend, Felger says its not that bad to be the lone voice. Piss off.

I always DVR them on certain days. Post drafts usually and today I actually agree with F.....ugh I can't say it. Probablem is his usual shtick makes him unbelievable on anything. Of course he hasn't brought up the fact that Exponent just got hammered by a court for basically lying. Won't touch that I assume.

It's becoming clearer every day that this entire saga was indeed a witch hunt by the NFL trying to wack the Patriots for something they didn't do

What I would love to know is WHY the NFL had it in for the Patriots

I suspect we'll never really know

I have a big hunch why the NFL has it in for the Pats.

Hint: He cuts off his sleeves and has a lot of jewelry.

Top 5 Reasons:
1) NFL office is made up of Jets fans who hate him for various reasons
2) NFL office believes BB is an elitist and has no use for "useless people in the NFL office"
3) They really think the guy cheats and makes an effort to undermine the rules of the game.
4) Goodell is still PO'd that BB blew him off on the Spygate memo.
5) Kensil has a personal vendetta because BB told him his role in life was to do anything he could to help the Jets win and Kensil is an entitled little beeitch.

Bonus:
6) The Pats win all the time and the league office is sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes