PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kurt Warner: "It still makes you question what was on those tapes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. But I live outside of NE and catch a lot of crap for this. Whenever I make a similar argument, I always get this counter: "if it is all about plays on the field and decision making, etc, then why did Ernie and Bill even bother to do it in the first place????

The short answer is it is perfectly legal to do so, and pretty much everyone does it. The problem was that it wasn't done in an approved area (must be enclosed with a roof overhead). Stupid technicality, but whatever.

As for why bother to do it, I think it goes beyond just stealing signals. Several times, I read how it would be more useful to see how certain coaches/coordinators take to make decisions in various situations. BB claimed they never used those tapes during games (which is why he interpreted it as okay), and I believe him. It probably had more to do with understanding the opposing coaches than anything else.

I don't really want to re-hash the whole thing. But the Jets were guilty of taping where they weren't supposed to after Spygate blew up, and nothing happened. The practice still continues I'm sure, and is perfectly legal from certain areas.

The stigma stays. Flippin the nicest guy, 1st ballot HOFer ,Kurt Warner is still talking about it. Unbelievable

I am completely convinced Goodell destroyed the tapes, because revealing them would show how biased and un-objective his punishment was. I also remember the Patriots, Kraft, Belichick were barred from saying anything after the tapes were destroyed, giving them zero chance of telling their side of the story.

I think this was probably the only smart thing he did but I believe he destroyed the tapes because the media would have spent weeks and weeks going over that film, breaking it down, etc. The Boston media probably would have been the worst ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes