PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft wanted to serve bologna sandwiches and chips

I had the 2nd worse experience at a sporting event during a Pats game there in the late 70's with my new wife and two cousins, all fine looking young ladies. My cousins had moved to Louisiana when they were younger and I decided to take them all to a Saints game. I've never been so disgusted by the comments that the drunks behind us were making. When we walked out one of my cousins said, "cousin, this is why we will never ever come back here." And they never did.

One of the things I appreciate about Kraft is how he cleaned up the nonsense in the stadium after he bought the team. At first I thought it was harsh to take away a fans STs because they gave them to someone who acted up, but the strategy seemed to work. It became a much more civil place.
In the late 70’s when I was in high school I had season tickets for a season, every game was like a free for all, fights everywhere inside and outside the stadium. When I got out of the Air Force in the late 80’s I became a season ticket holder and I remember thinking not much has changed, there weren’t as many fights inside but there certainly were in the parking lots.

In the late 70’s when I was in high school I had season tickets for a season, every game was like a free for all, fights everywhere inside and outside the stadium. When I got out of the Air Force in the late 80’s I became a season ticket holder and I remember thinking not much has changed, there weren’t as many fights inside but there certainly were in the parking lots.
So basically a pre-internet version of the forum. :haha:

Bologna with american cheese and mayo inside rolled up ... great quick comfort food.

Also bologna x-tra thick sliced with ketchup provolone and a thin slice of red onion in honey wheat bread is quite good.

I remember when my dad retired to Florida he related stories of elderly people very well off driving many miles for the $1.99 breakfast.

The problem with bologna is everyone associates it with the plastic Oscar Meyer packages our moms bought when we were kids to make sandwiches for us.

Premium smoked BBQ bologna is a very high quality meat. Add in some brisket, baked beans and corn bread and you've got a great dinner.

The problem with bologna is everyone associates it with the plastic Oscar Meyer packages our moms bought when we were kids to make sandwiches for us.
This was and always will be fire tho

Fond memories of sitting in Fenway Park bleacher (football end zone) $2? seats with my date & future wife. Broken beer bottle fight in the rows behind us.

Fond memories of sitting in Fenway Park bleacher (football end zone) $2? seats with my date & future wife. Broken beer bottle fight in the rows behind us.
Keep the thread alive! I dream of more AI opportunities! :haha:

candle GIF

I had the 2nd worse experience at a sporting event during a Pats game there in the late 70's with my new wife and two cousins, all fine looking young ladies. My cousins had moved to Louisiana when they were younger and I decided to take them all to a Saints game. I've never been so disgusted by the comments that the drunks behind us were making. When we walked out one of my cousins said, "cousin, this is why we will never ever come back here." And they never did.

One of the things I appreciate about Kraft is how he cleaned up the nonsense in the stadium after he bought the team. At first I thought it was harsh to take away a fans STs because they gave them to someone who acted up, but the strategy seemed to work. It became a much more civil place.
Late 70's....
My first Schaefer Stadium game, I sat midfield near the back row and I seem to recall it was "Bring your mentally challenged friend from the insane asylum day". The characters in One Flew Over The ****oo's Nest had nothing on the ensemble clustered together in my section. The guy next to me mooed like a cow for three hours while a pair behind me must have had the autism/turrets combo working. And these three were the highest functioning.
I have no memory who the Pats played or even if they won. All I remember was fear and mooing.

Late 70's....
My first Schaefer Stadium game, I sat midfield near the back row and I seem to recall it was "Bring your mentally challenged friend from the insane asylum day". The characters in One Flew Over The ****oo's Nest had nothing on the ensemble clustered together in my section. The guy next to me mooed like a cow for three hours while a pair behind me must have had the autism/turrets combo working. And these three were the highest functioning.
I have no memory who the Pats played or even if they won. All I remember was fear and mooing.
On the positive side, you got to meet Nicholson, Danny DeVito, and Richard Libertini.

Doesn't look bad at all when you add beer ...

OIG3.zt.Q2AvszSBD_px5TBou.jpeg

OIG3.T7NlUR4CJJpu8xB202gM.jpeg

No idea WTF is going on here, unless it's Halloween ...

OIG3.UIpPCd9khzcy3YULy_mt.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd love to see the prompt!

I was the same as the first two, pretty basic -- New England Patriots are served bologna sandwiches and chips. Maybe the memory banks found reference to witches associated with New England. That's just a guess.

I was the same as the first two, pretty basic -- New England Patriots are served bologna sandwiches and chips. Maybe the memory banks found reference to witches associated with New England. That's just a guess.
[edit: redundant split-focus induced reply deleted - as a past acquaintance loved to remind me, reading is fundamental :evil:]

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back