PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft "trying" to get 1st round pick back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did berman ever ask goodell why the transcripts said totally different than what his ruling brief said ?

I don't want to get in a logic discussion with you. mostly because I'm not on solid ground here, because even if I could prove that Kraft's own mismanagement of the front office and cap where a big reason Pete failed here, I'd only be weakening my most critical point, which was that over MOST of the last 20 years a vast majority of the management decisions that he's had to make have been good ones, INCLUDING hiring Pete Carroll. In other words his gut instinct that Carroll was a fine HC was correct. It was his problem with letting him run his own program that was the problem. Clearly he didn't make the same mistake twice

But here is why I think Kraft has been so good. Even when he's screwed up, like in undermining Carroll both with a bad GM and cap situation. he LEARNED from those errors in judgement. Since that time, the Pats have rarely slipped into a bad cap space, and the years when a player could back door his coach are over

Maybe the best tombstone for Bob Kraft would be, "not infallable, but learned from his mistakes"

Hey, that's not bad, I might want that one for myself. ;)
No way to know who is right, because Kraft's legacy includes BB and Brady.
My feeling is that if he never hired BB we may have won a SB may have not, but whoever hired BB, if they left him alone, would be employing the most successful coach in the league, if not in history.

Put it this way:
If the Chiefs (using them to represent a non-descript average franchise that would have let him do his job) had hired BB in 2000, and Kraft hired his second choice I am confident the Chiefs would be looked at as the model franchise, not the Patriots.

My opinion, yours may be different and no way we really know who is right. Good topic to discuss though.

There ya go. Trustworthy folk, aren't they?

EDIT: Granted she's from NFL.com so her "source" is probably trash as well.

Doesn't surprise me.

I mean seriously, how did Kraft expect this to go?

Kraft: "Hey can we have our pick back? You went too far."

Goodell: "Okay, sure. Here you go."

Come on. This wasn't happening. Someone earlier mentioned that this feels like a PR attempt by Kraft -- I'm inclined to agree.

I'd like to take this a step further. It is my opinion that the true key to the Pats success has been Tom Brady. Yes, Kraft hired Belichick, who is definitely the best HC, but Belichick stumbled upon Tom Brady, and Tom's the reason that this team is in the SB hunt every single season. We'll all see that when he's gone.

As Belichick states very often, the NFL is a players game. It's not a coaches game and definitely not an owners game. Without Tom Brady the team is just like any other. Nobody pays a nickel to watch Bob Kraft own the team.
I think BB would have been more successful than anyone else, but less successful than he has been.
I think there would be more down years, but he would have had his Championship shots.

I also think its wrong to not recognize BBs contribution to Brady becoming Brady.
Not the BB is the reason he is GOAT, but that BB would have definitely had a competent QB and elevated him.

No, I made that up. It's hard for me to imagine that there's every been a pro league that has this much suspicion about their integrity (and been proven to lie at the highest level over and over again) and survived it.

Can you clarify what you disagree with in my prior post? It's 100% factual and correct, so I don't see what you can disagree with.

I can't think of a worse commissioner.

I have 2 friends like you and when they call each other a simple "see you later" turns into a 20-minute back-and-forth on every variation of goodbye imaginable before it ends with the inevitable oops I forgot to hang up excuse.

It's actually pathetically hilarious.
Yeah, dude, you know nothing about me.

I don't want to get in a logic discussion with you. mostly because I'm not on solid ground here, because even if I could prove that Kraft's own mismanagement of the front office and cap where a big reason Pete failed here, I'd only be weakening my most critical point, which was that over MOST of the last 20 years a vast majority of the management decisions that he's had to make have been good ones, INCLUDING hiring Pete Carroll. In other words his gut instinct that Carroll was a fine HC was correct. It was his problem with letting him run his own program that was the problem. Clearly he didn't make the same mistake twice

But here is why I think Kraft has been so good. Even when he's screwed up, like in undermining Carroll both with a bad GM and cap situation. he LEARNED from those errors in judgement. Since that time, the Pats have rarely slipped into a bad cap space, and the years when a player could back door his coach are over

Maybe the best tombstone for Bob Kraft would be, "not infallable, but learned from his mistakes"

Hey, that's not bad, I might want that one for myself. ;)
When is he going to learn about the POS mistake in the commissioners office. Apparently not in his lifetime.

Kraft is an owner first, fan second. 99% of sports owners are. He's not going to go against the league and burn the league down just for draft picks and an 'improved' image (face it, even if Kraft got the picks back, fans don't care, they don't care about the differences between a false allegation and the truth). Understand that and you understand professional sports today. It's all about the money.

I suspect he publicly announced that he's written a letter to try and appease Patriots fans and win back our support. Sorry Bob, it didn't work.

I guarantee you 95% of Patriots fans support Kraft. I remember leading into last season when everyone was convinced that Kraft would be booed during the opener.

I guarantee you 95% of Patriots fans support Kraft. I remember leading into last season when everyone was convinced that Kraft would be booed during the opener.
I don' t believe that. I think a large majority like him. I also think a large majority do not support the way he has handled this, and from his comments I think he knows that.

Do you also remember that literally right before Training Camp he held that farce press conference where he said he "should have never put his faith in the league"?

That was just enough of a "push back" to not get booed.

Unfortunately that statement has meant zero in the time since, and his fan support is now wearing thin.

Do you also remember that literally right before Training Camp he held that farce press conference where he said he "should have never put his faith in the league".

Yeah I'm taking that into account. That was enough to get the vast majority of fans back on board.

Kraft didn't hire Parcells, Orthwein did. Which means Orthwein is actually more responsible for first bringing BB into the fold than Kraft.

By this logic, the only person who deserves credit is Michael Jackson

The intentional ignorance here is astounding

Now he can ask that Goodell be fired at the owners meeting. He should at the very least call for a vote of no confidence.

Do you also remember that literally right before Training Camp he held that farce press conference where he said he "should have never put his faith in the league"?

Unfortunately that statement has meant zero in the time since, and his fan support is now wearing thin.

Yup. That's why my signature is what it is, although I'm not sure how much my heart is in the signature anymore.

I don' t believe that. I think a large majority like him. I also think a large majority do not support the way he has handled this, and from his comments I think he knows that.

You have no clue what he knows

Yup. That's why my signature is what it is, although I'm not sure how much my heart is in the signature anymore.

I haven't forgave him, never did. As the old "fool me once...." saying goes. I'm not falling for it again and if I do, shame on me.

He let his team get railroaded twice and has done nothing since besides a dopey little press conference so he didn't get booed at training camp and the opener.

I would rather he say NOTHING AT ALL then an absolutely weak-looking comment saying he "wrote a letter" asking for the picks back.

If I'm a fan of another team, I look at this story that's now circulating and laugh. You "wrote a letter"? WTF kind of moronic action is that?

Stand up for yourself, your team and your fans Bob...good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe