PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft "trying" to get 1st round pick back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Kraft sent the letter certified mail return receipt. Otherwise, it would wind up next to the Ray Rice tape in the NFL dead letter repository. LOL I don't know whether to be angry or just sad for Kraft. He or at least his PR department should realize how pathetic sending a request letter at this time seems to the fans that actually care about losing the draft pick only to be followed by praise for the POS who is doing the screwing. There can be no doubt that Kraft for whatever reason has been totally duped by the POS and needs to turn over the team to Jonathan.

That quote by Hannable doesn't provide the true context of Kraft's quote..

Here is the entire quote from Curran:
Curran: Bitterness, regret shows in Kraft's Goodell comments

It's clear that by "personal situation" that Kraft means the situation the Patriots find themselves in, not personal as in Kraft himself.

Of course he's completely delusional if he thinks "earned the lowest level of public confidence in the history of pro sports" is a sign of a healthy league.

The FO has stepped on their ****s so many times now, only ostriches and federal judges believe a word they say they days. This is not healthy.

Understand your pessimism but in recent months I've seen more and more media outlets question the validity of deflategate science, motives and fairness. A letter from Kraft is another baby step in the right direction. How does deflategate end? Who knows but I'm sure it has not panned out the way Goodell had anticipated.

Baby steps? What about Bob? I can't wait until the movie comes out.

Of course he's completely delusional if he thinks "earned the lowest level of public confidence in the history of pro sports" is a sign of a healthy league.

The FO has stepped on their ****s so many times now, only ostriches and federal judges believe a word they say they days. This is not healthy.

Could you please provide a link to this claim of "earned the lowest level of public confidence in the history of pro sports"?

Definitely Hunt from KC for one.

You're using the same tactic Kraft is using presupposing he's the reason for their success. He is not, Brady and Belichick are and he's allowed his business partners to frame them both as cheaters.

Do you honestly think there's another owner who after being blessed with probably the greatest player/coach combination in the history of the sport would allow them to get railroaded and framed like this? He does not have the Patriot's best interests at heart. He continually sides with the NFL. He's as bad as Goodell is in my eyes.

I agree that Kraft is fortunate to have crossed paths with BB, who found TB - sometimes it helps to get lucky, although Kraft was willing to surrender draft choices to get BB.

I would not put Kraft on the list of toxic owners that make a gig at their franchise a suicide mission:
  • Model - the owner of the Browns-to-Ravens that fired BB
  • Haslan - current owner of the Browns, that some writers say might have a historically bad season in 2016
  • Snyder
  • Jones
  • the late Al Davis

Are we giving Kraft too much credit? Where would he be without Belichick, and what other owner would be considered successful if he had just hired BB and let him do his job.
To me the credit Kraft gets for the success of the franchise is that he hired BB and left him alone.
When you add to that the poor support Kraft provided in these 2 'gates' you could argue that he detracted from BBs success.
Bob Kraft has inherited a HC and hired 2. He got to the Superbowl with the over rated **** who was thrust upon him (may he NEVER go into the Pats HOF). And the other 2 guys have eventually made it to 8 superbowls as HC's. One is acknowledged as the greatest HC of his generation, And other than Bill, the other has been been as successful a HC as their has been in the league the last 5 years.

So regardless of Pete's success while he was here (he never had a losing season, btw), and what Ron Borges felt about him, clearly, time has proven him to be an excellent HC, not just with Seattle, but with USC as well.

It has always been too easy to make fun of Pete's rah, rah, ways, but there were a lot of reasons that he didn't reach the level of success we'd hoped for here. Injury luck, bad GM, no direct chain of command, etc. If you want to look really close at it. In 1999, if Adam Venetieri makes 2 late very makeable FG's the Pats end up 10-6 that year instead of 8-8, they make the playoffs, and BB never gets hired and ends up with the Jets. :eek:

I know there are a lot of you who think we owe a LOT to Adam Venetieri for some FG's he's made over the years. More than you think (for 2 he missed) ;)

Bottom line - Bob Kraft's most important management decisions over the last 20 years have beem pretty awesom in any context, with the deflategate mega-gaff being the exception that proves the rule. There was no need to diminish his vast accomplishments with this franchise, even when deflategate is included (as it should be)

Last edited:
Could you please provide a link to this claim of "earned the lowest level of public confidence in the history of pro sports"?

No, I made that up. It's hard for me to imagine that there's every been a pro league that has this much suspicion about their integrity (and been proven to lie at the highest level over and over again) and survived it.

Can you clarify what you disagree with in my prior post? It's 100% factual and correct, so I don't see what you can disagree with.

There ya go. Trustworthy folk, aren't they?

EDIT: Granted she's from NFL.com so her "source" is probably trash as well.

Bob Kraft has inherited a HC and hired 2. He got to the Superbowl with the over rated **** who was thrust upon him (may he NEVER go into the Pats HOF). And the other 2 guys have eventually made it to 8 superbowls as HC's. One is acknowledged as the greatest HC of his generation, And other than Bill, the other has been been as successful a HC as their has been in the league the last 5 years.

So regardless of Pete's success while he was here (he never had a losing season, btw), and what Ron Borges felt about him, clearly, time has proven him to be an excellent HC, not just with Seattle, but with USC as well.

It has always been too easy to make fun of Pete's rah, rah, ways, but there were a lot of reasons that he didn't reach the level of success we'd hoped for here. Injury luck, bad GM, no direct chain of command, etc. If you want to look really close at it. In 1999, if Adam Venetieri makes 2 late very makeable FG's the Pats end up 10-6 that year instead of 8-8, they make the playoffs, and BB never gets hired and ends up with the Jets.

I know there are a lot of you who think we owe a LOT to Adam Venetieri for some FG's he's made over the years. More than you think (for 2 he missed)

Bottom line - Bob Krafts most important management decisions over the last 20 years have beem pretty awesom in any context, with the deflategate mega-gaff being the exception that proves the rule. There was no need to diminish his vast accomplishments with this franchise, even when deflategate is included (as it should be)
I disagree. He hired BB. I'm not sure how you give him credit for Carrols success after he left, when Kraft fired him. It seems you are saying he knows how to find a good coach, but isn't that negated by firing him?

There ya go. Trustworthy folk, aren't they?

EDIT: Granted she's from NFL.com so her "source" is probably trash as well.

CeGgwCuUMAAAlVv.jpg

We all know that was complete ********

I don't think he could have gotten, the picks back, the bigger issue to me is continually endorsing Goodell. All he had to do was say no comment, instead he says "Good Job." it makes no sense.
The whole thing is BS anyway. Kraft is Goodell's boss. It's just them putting on a dog and pony show for the masses. Every single one of the owners, executives, TV networks etc, care about ONE THING, "MONEY!!!". And too much is not enough. And I don't care who disagrees, I will not be swayed from that opinion. Because I know it's fact

Understatement of the day: Kraft is catching flack.

My question to those that are not Kraft fans: If you could swap him for another owner of the other 31 teams, who would it (if several they) be?

Personally, I think it would be much easier to get worse
That's because Kraft is perceived to come in the package that includes BB and Brady.
Bef0re BB the Patriots did not operate like they do now.

It's not supposed to be post after post of anti-Kraft rantings in every thread either, but that doesn't seem to deter you.
View attachment 12516
I am far from post after post of Anti-Kraft rantings. I state my opinion, and respond to those who ask or disagree.

You respond to everything because you can't stand not having the last word. It's annoying.
Really not true. I respond when there is something to respond to.
Having the last word only matters to me when someone makes it personal and acts like a jerk.
There are many posters that I respect and accept there opinion, and other that are rude and obnoxious.
I treat those groups differently.

I disagree. He hired BB. I'm not sure how you give him credit for Carrols success after he left, when Kraft fired him. It seems you are saying he knows how to find a good coach, but isn't that negated by firing him?
I don't want to get in a logic discussion with you. mostly because I'm not on solid ground here, because even if I could prove that Kraft's own mismanagement of the front office and cap where a big reason Pete failed here, I'd only be weakening my most critical point, which was that over MOST of the last 20 years a vast majority of the management decisions that he's had to make have been good ones, INCLUDING hiring Pete Carroll. In other words his gut instinct that Carroll was a fine HC was correct. It was his problem with letting him run his own program that was the problem. Clearly he didn't make the same mistake twice

But here is why I think Kraft has been so good. Even when he's screwed up, like in undermining Carroll both with a bad GM and cap situation. he LEARNED from those errors in judgement. Since that time, the Pats have rarely slipped into a bad cap space, and the years when a player could back door his coach are over

Maybe the best tombstone for Bob Kraft would be, "not infallable, but learned from his mistakes"

Hey, that's not bad, I might want that one for myself. ;)

they're just words kicked around by ridiculously rich people.......at the end of the day, how much of a difference does that pick make?

the same characteristics that worked so well for him over the years really blew up in his face......he screwed up by thinking his typical methods would save him some.......the miscalculation here was first how both he and brady completely misread where this thing was going as early as the day after
For me the pick is secondary to Kraft putting up with letting Brady's name get dragged through the mud. Lip service, a website and a letter should have been the starting point for him defending Brady. IMO, he should have appealed and at a minimum threatened a lawsuit against the league. He never even made Goodell and his best buddy owners flinch. His miscalculation backfired but he shouldn't have waived the white flag.

Really not true. I respond when there is something to respond to.
Having the last word only matters to me when someone makes it personal and acts like a jerk.
There are many posters that I respect and accept there opinion, and other that are rude and obnoxious.
I treat those groups differently.
I have 2 friends like you and when they call each other a simple "see you later" turns into a 20-minute back-and-forth on every variation of goodbye imaginable before it ends with the inevitable oops I forgot to hang up excuse.

It's actually pathetically hilarious.

Kraft showed what he is made of through this ordeal

He is a true Patsy.

Are we giving Kraft too much credit? Where would he be without Belichick, and what other owner would be considered successful if he had just hired BB and let him do his job.
To me the credit Kraft gets for the success of the franchise is that he hired BB and left him alone.
When you add to that the poor support Kraft provided in these 2 'gates' you could argue that he detracted from BBs success.

I'd like to take this a step further. It is my opinion that the true key to the Pats success has been Tom Brady. Yes, Kraft hired Belichick, who is definitely the best HC, but Belichick stumbled upon Tom Brady, and Tom's the reason that this team is in the SB hunt every single season. We'll all see that when he's gone.

As Belichick states very often, the NFL is a players game. It's not a coaches game and definitely not an owners game. Without Tom Brady the team is just like any other. Nobody pays a nickel to watch Bob Kraft own the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe