Knowshon Moreno ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry Thornton ‏@jerrythornton1 18m
Sorry to drop this so late but I'm away skiing: Knowshon Moreno did not sign with MIA. Look for Pats to sign him instead of Blount

Just posting this tweet from Jerry "I was first on LaFell" Thornton.

I've heard nothing about Moreno and the Patriots but there's a significant connection to McDaniels.

I would welcome a Moreno signing at the right price, but I'm skeptical that it's a realistic possibility.

Moreno may price himself out of what we're willing to pay for an RB after posting nearly 1600 total yards and 13 TDs.

He's also about as inconsistent as they come.

Well Jerry seems to be going "all in" on this one :

Jerry Thornton ‏@jerrythornton1 2m
I'm up at Loon Mtn with the li'l Thorntones. But if Moreno (Top 10 among remaining FAs) takes less $ from NE, you heard it here first

Given the difference in expected contract, I think I'd prefer Blount to Moreno. However, I looooove that BB is trying like hell to get Brady his 4th Lombardi.

I should add, I'd like it a lot it would save us the 3rd round pick or so that we'll be spending on a RB if Blount leaves with no replacement with Ridley and Vereen both FA after this year.

Moreno can run, catch, block, doesn't fumble much (since rookie year), doesn't have too much wear on the tires and Josh knows him. Not saying he's Adrian Peterson but he's a rock solid guy.

-Every down RB
-Solid Blocker
-Effective pass catcher
-Rarely fumbles

Brady would like Moreno alot.

if Thornton nails this one, we could probably call him "The Erika Leigh of people who actually know things"

-Every down RB
-Solid Blocker
-Effective pass catcher
-Rarely fumbles

Brady would like Moreno alot.

The biggest advantage of Moreno over Blount is that he would merge the running and passing games. Because of his blocking and receiving abilities, we could run or pass with equal ability. Moreno and Vereen would also give us 2 backs with receiving ability, so that we have some protection against injury. Stevan Ridley would be used as a power back, a 4th quarter "closer", and to keep fresh legs in a RBBC.

The main disadvantage is how much he might cost.

Are we signing everyone that had big games against us and is a free agent? Lafell, Moreno....is Gordon a free agent??!

I don't know if i'm just being sentimental because I fell in (football) love with this guy at the end of the season but, I'd rather see Blount back. He knows the offense, and I feel like he's a better fit.

I don't know why, I just think Blount is better for our offense, he's more of a rotational back, Moreno is in the do-it-all model that we don't use for some reason.

I should add, I'd like it a lot it would save us the 3rd round pick or so that we'll be spending on a RB if Blount leaves with no replacement with Ridley and Vereen both FA after this year.

Moreno can run, catch, block, doesn't fumble much (since rookie year), doesn't have too much wear on the tires and Josh knows him. Not saying he's Adrian Peterson but he's a rock solid guy.

Even with Moreno, Vareen is a must sign in my book. But I'll take an every down versatile back over Blount.

Get Moreno to sign on the (real) cheap. Axe Bolden. Sign Blount. Laugh at Broncos fans.

Obviously unlikely, but that would be a whole lot of fun

If the contracts were the same i would much prefer Moreno over Blount. Moreno just fits the team better. If Moreno is in the backfield it can be any play. When Blount is in the backfield its a running play.

Even with Moreno, Vareen is a must sign in my book. But I'll take an every down versatile back over Blount.
I'm assuming we'll draft a guy, keep Vereen and let Ridley go in 12 months depending how 2014 plays out. This would eliminate the "draft a guy" part.

The biggest advantage of Moreno over Blount is that he would merge the running and passing games. Because of his blocking and receiving abilities, we could run or pass with equal ability. Moreno and Vereen would also give us 2 backs with receiving ability, so that we have some protection against injury. Stevan Ridley would be used as a power back, a 4th quarter "closer", and to keep fresh legs in a RBBC.

The main disadvantage is how much he might cost.

Ridley, if he doesn't fumble is a far, far, better RB than Moreno.

I wouldn't go as far as far, far. Maybe not even far. But probably better yes.

Blount is the Spikes of the offense. I like him.

Moreno has ties to NE though. Who drafted him again? He had a really good year last year. Not going to lie.

Either one would work for me.

I'll believe it when i see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes