PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kneejerk reactions: Post-Eagles game roster edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince Wilfork not in starting lineup? Injury prone!

Ebner INT? Chung is gone!

Solder? Call Kaczur!

Ebert/Edelman? Better than Welker

I'd take Chandler Bing over Chandler Jones at this point.

And Brady. He was practically invisible out there.

B&B Brace and Branch on the roster

brace still seems behind love and deaderick. simply not as mobile, though the pats will be able to use his size in the middle with this scheme. could make it is fanene winds up on the PUP for the 1st 6 weeks

Beardless Mankins = DOOOM. :bricks:

Ebner's making the team

Brown isn't

My one knee jerk reaction, would be that Marcus Cannon is a guard and not a tackle and that we need some veteran insurance ASAP. He looked like Wayne Hunter out there tonight, and struggled against the Saints and according to reports, in camp as well.

While a lot of people seem worried about Solder, my concerns are more about our depth behind Solder and Vollmer (not exactly the picture of perfect health). Cannon doesn't look ready to step in if something happens, and the rest of the tackles we currently have under contract aren't worthy of even making the roster.

This has been my thought during the game. He seems much better suited to guard. I hope we get to see him play there when Vollmer gets back.

brace still seems behind love and deaderick. simply not as mobile, though the pats will be able to use his size in the middle with this scheme. could make it is fanene winds up on the PUP for the 1st 6 weeks

Fanene cant go on the PUP.

Not sure why you lump Love in with Brace and Deadrick? Love is our second best DL behind only Vince and IMO third isnt that close. Love is a beast.

Chung can't keep himself healthy, good thing We have Nate Ebner!! :rolleyes:

Chung is made of straw. A heart, a brain, da noive'.....

You can stay Deion Branch. Despite your size, you looked like a man among boys out there last night.

I was hoping Ebner lateraled the ball after his int last night. Like they do in rugby. I loved to watch OU play as a kid with their wishbone. I have always had a firm belief that there is not enough lateraling in the NFL. I even have video proof.

Troy Brown Antwan Harris Blocked Field Goal against Pittsburgh 2001 - YouTube

Ebner is a rookie facing major odds against making an NFL team. He made a very wise career saving decision not lateraling. Don't let this coach question your judgement skills. BB doesn't like anyone taking untoward risks with the ball. Troy was an experienced vet who could be trusted to do the right thing.

Someday veteran safety Ebert will make or receive a lateral in a game winning scenario. Be patient, Grasshopper.

Ebner's making the team

Brown isn't

Ebert will be cut - getting open means nothing if you don't catch the ball
Brace will be kept - nice push up the middle all night
Cannon to the PUP - he looked physically unable to play

my kneejerks:

Spikes looked somewhat beastly. Cunningham too, surprisingly so.

Edelman looked far too valuable to be "on the bubble" as opposed to Stallworth or even Woodhead

Cannon looked just awful.

I was somewhat happy with Vareen, at least whenever he was not being tackled while taking the handoff, due to Cannon being a revolving door.

I am cautiously optimistic about Mallett and a little down on Hoyer.

I loved seeing, however briefly, Jones and Hightower play.

Ebner-- love the guy!

I enjoyed seeing the Patriots try some screen passes. Welcome back, Josh!

Last edited:
Edelman looked good?

HALL OF FAME BOUND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes