PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

King: Tebow a good fit for the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure on Tebow. He seems like a kid of genuine character, but his "pro-life ant-abortion" commercial seems a bit religion extremist to me (for reference I am in favour of the woman's right to choose). I'm not much a fan of extremism as in my experience, it leads to divides and holy-than-thou mentality sooner or later.

If Tebow is to be a good fit at the Patriots, I couldn't imagine it would be as a QB. His throw is simply to slow and lacks accuracy. I'd be less than impressed if we spent any of the first or second round picks on him and would have to learn to 'love it'.

Last edited:
I'm not sure on Tebow. He seems like a kid of genuine character, but his "pro-life ant-abortion" commercial seems a bit religion extremist to me (for reference I am in favour of the woman's right to choose). I'm not much a fan of extremism as in my experience, it leads to divides and holy-than-thou mentality sooner or later.

i hold similar beliefs to you but note that kurt warner has the same fundamentalist beliefs and, much like tebow, he's always been considered a leader both on the field and off and never a divisive presence

JSn - Canada's Wicked Hosah where are you? You said, "is cocaine free where you live" when I suggested back on 9/7/09 that the Pats would be very interested in Tebow. And why not, he is a prototypical Belichick player: very smart, very tough (plays in the best conference in college football), and has a passion to play. Think outside the box - he might not be a QB in the league, but he's got size, hands and can run.

If Tebow is to be a good fit at the Patriots, I couldn't imagine it would be as a QB. His throw is simply to slow and lacks accuracy. I'd be less than impressed if we spent any of the first or second round picks on him and would have to learn to 'love it'.

On the eve of President Obama's controversial commencement speech at Notre Dame, a new Gallup Poll out today shows a majority of Americans calling themselves "pro-life" on abortion for the first time since Gallup starting asking the question in 1995.

Poll: Most Americans 'pro-life' - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

I wonder if there's an internet picture for what happens when somebody wildly derails a topic.

Tim Tebow?!? To the Patriots?!? UGHHHHH No Thx!

I'll root for another team if they draft that whacko......

I'll get my bible references in a church, where they belong.

Last edited:
mckenzie is a ILB, passing on matthews perfectly illustrates my point, thank you

Well heres the thing. If McKenzie was healthy this season and was able to contribute this would have changed things at LB. Guyton wouldnt have had to move from his natural position of OLB to ILB, so our OLB would have had Guyton, AD, Burgess and TBC and our ILB would have been Mayo, McKenzie and Seau. Having Guyton being able to be at his natural position of OLB would have definitely helped the defense including the pass rush

i hold similar beliefs to you but note that kurt warner has the same fundamentalist beliefs and, much like tebow, he's always been considered a leader both on the field and off and never a divisive presence

Well, I think the difference is that Kurt is older and wiser. Meaning he isn't obnoxious about it and doesnt shove his views in everyone's faces like Tim does. :) I like Kurt but I seriously can't stand Tebow. :rolleyes:

Well heres the thing. If McKenzie was healthy this season and was able to contribute this would have changed things at LB. Guyton wouldnt have had to move from his natural position of OLB to ILB, so our OLB would have had Guyton, AD, Burgess and TBC and our ILB would have been Mayo, McKenzie and Seau. Having Guyton being able to be at his natural position of OLB would have definitely helped the defense including the pass rush

Just seeing these names listed makes me cringe. I already hate our LB situation, but have avoided the depth chart like a plague to avoid the reality, until this.

King has obviously been mailing it in for quite a while now.

He get's a triple Mochachino with whipped cream, then just makes up stuff that sounds good based on overheard conversations.

Sign the beasts.
tim-tebow-girl.jpg

Last edited:
Alright, he does have TWO redeeming characteristics...

They're just attached to that girl.

I think we just worked out why Tebow is pro life......

I give him credit for looking at the camera. That must have taken extreme focus and discipline. The boy has ice water in his veins. SIGN HIM NOW!

he has never addressed pass rush through the draft, except with the arguable exception of shawn crable
Richard Seymour? Please don't lecture me on how 3-4 DE aren't supposed to rush the passer - all the front 7 are supposed to pressure the passer it's just that they have run defense responsibilities too. Seymour was a beast his first 3-4 years in NE.

I thought Patsjew said

"Sign the BREASTS."

I don't disagree in either case.

Interesting Scouting Report on Tebow and it pretty much conveys the conventional wisdom on him: WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Tim Tebow

My feeling is no thanks for obvious reasons.

Tim Tebow Scouting Report
By Matt McGuire

# Strengths: Good height and great musculature
# Solid arm strength
# Very good deep ball accuracy
# Great pass rush sense and pocket instincts
# Athletic and can move chains with legs
# Extremely powerful runner
# Good trucking ability; picks up yards after contact
# Good character and strong work ethic
# Prototype leader

Weaknesses:
# Absolutely horrendous footwork; has not gotten better since freshman year
# Plays in run-option offense
# Doesn't throw smooth ball; bad touch
# Inaccurate on intermediate routes
# Extremely long release
# Very bad passing mechanics
# Locks onto primary receiver
# No pro reads in offense
# Left-handed
# Tucks and runs
# Doesn't make pro-style passing progression reads
# Comes from program with bad QB pedigree

Summary: If I could take Tim Tebow's mind and put it into the body of some college quarterbacks, then they would be No. 1 overall picks. However, we have seen quarterbacks with outstanding intangibles bust at the next level. It will take Tebow 3-4 years to learn an NFL offense to where he could actually start a game.

Tebow's best fit at the next level will be at fullback or H-Back because his best skills are his running abilities; there's too much development involved to draft Tebow as a franchise quarterback, though the success of Pat White in the Wildcat offense could help his draft stock. Looks to be a second-round pick with his great intangibles and versatility.

Player Comparison: Byron Leftwich (Passer)/Mike Alstott (Runner). Tebow has a very similar release to Leftwich and he will also struggle to read defenses in NFL. He also has Mike Alstott's elite power running attributes with the ability to get yards after contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back