PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk officially suspended 1 game, fined [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kevin Faulk suspended, fined

What? Jesus this is just nonsense now. What does what someone does in their house, legal or not, have to do with their on the job performance?
Its not total bullsh!t and unless you've worked in the manufacturing or insurance industries you are talking from a position of pure ignorance.

1) I don't need to provide you any statistical correlation between companies that require drug testing and success because that isn't what my point was. You clearly missed that. My point, which was very clear, is that a company is liable for the actions of its employees. If an employee's actions at the facility cause harm to a customer (through a poor product) or to another employee (through ignorant actions), its the fault of the company. Period. There are enough lawsuits out there that companies have lost that prove that.

2) My comprehension is fine. In your world, what someone does in their house is their business and only THEIR business. That was thinking prior to the 1960s. When there was a lot of domestic violence and child abuse going unreported. It would seem that you'd rather us go back to that.

Just because you are in your house doesn't mean you are entitled to do something that is against the law. Whether its beating your wife, beating your kids, raping kids, murdering someone or doing drugs. And just because its in your house doesn't make it any less wrong.

Sorry, I personally believe that if I am going to have a job where my actions or the actions of others can cause someone to be maimed or killed, then the people who I work with and myself need to be of sound mind and not impaired in any way by drugs. Because a mistake could cost them, myself a limb or could result in someone innocent dying. Its not an invasion of privacy to test to assure that you are still of sound mind.

I don't even know what your blabbering about here. No such thing as common sense? The Commissioner should use discretion here, not black and white rule of law, I never said anything about using my own discretion.

It seems like your strategy here is to randomly reply to a bunch of posts out of context with irrelevant comments. I suggest you revise, you're all over the place.

I wouldn't expect higher thought out of you.

There is no such thing as common sense. Discretion is not common sense.

The Commissioner DID use discretion here.

Strategy? I'm not randomly replying to posts and taking them out of context. But I don't expect you to comprehend that. You've proven you can't. My comments, except the one to you about Pacman Jones (who also had punched a women in the face, btw), have been dead on.

Its not total bullsh!t and unless you've worked in the manufacturing or insurance industries you are talking from a position of pure ignorance.

So now we're restricting it to those industries? Moving the goalposts wherever you see fit.

1) I don't need to provide you any statistical correlation between companies that require drug testing and success because that isn't what my point was. You clearly missed that. My point, which was very clear, is that a company is liable for the actions of its employees. If an employee's actions at the facility cause harm to a customer (through a poor product) or to another employee (through ignorant actions), its the fault of the company. Period. There are enough lawsuits out there that companies have lost that prove that.

You said "good" companies drug test. Now you're saying companies in the manufacturing and insurance industries who want to avoid liability drug test. That's a hell of a lot of backpedaling.

2) My comprehension is fine. In your world, what someone does in their house is their business and only THEIR business. That was thinking prior to the 1960s. When there was a lot of domestic violence and child abuse going unreported. It would seem that you'd rather us go back to that.

Unintentional comedy? Is this an analogy that's even worth responding to? I think not.

Just because you are in your house doesn't mean you are entitled to do something that is against the law. Whether its beating your wife, beating your kids, raping kids, murdering someone or doing drugs. And just because its in your house doesn't make it any less wrong.

Sorry, I personally believe that if I am going to have a job where my actions or the actions of others can cause someone to be maimed or killed, then the people who I work with and myself need to be of sound mind and not impaired in any way by drugs. Because a mistake could cost them, myself a limb or could result in someone innocent dying. Its not an invasion of privacy to test to assure that you are still of sound mind.

Again, where is the proof that someone smoking pot ON THEIR OWN TIME can lead to someone being "maimed or killed?" You have none, and you're generalizing ineffectively. Employees shouldn't do a whole host of things on their own time that are against the law, would you advocate corporations spying on them? setting up security cameras in their homes?

Last edited:

And you've yet to prove that they are. What an absolutely ******ed comment. I've already posted that, in many years of being an owner and manager of a variety of workers, the issues that arise to their workplace productivity almost rule out pot, as compared to any number of other legal and personal issues. Show me any evidence from your history other than the happenstance that you work for a company that drug tests (and btw - pot tests are about the easiest to fool and it's done all the time so rule out the "my workplace is better for it" crap, it just means your co-workers have to mask when they take the tests, not that they don't smoke) which also happens to be profitable.

Happenstance? Yeah, ok. A guy who toked up on a joint on his own time (before he had to report to work) cuts 2 fingers off and its happenstance? Whatever.

How about you show me ANYWHERE that I've talked exclusively about testing for pot. OH WAIT. You can't. So you just throw up BS and claim that you are right.

BTW, if testing is random (outside company controls when they are done) how can they mask the test? Whether its for pot or anything else?

The second game check is pushing it.

Happenstance? Yeah, ok. A guy who toked up on a joint on his own time (before he had to report to work) cuts 2 fingers off and its happenstance? Whatever.

How about you show me ANYWHERE that I've talked exclusively about testing for pot. OH WAIT. You can't. So you just throw up BS and claim that you are right.

BTW, if testing is random (outside company controls when they are done) how can they mask the test? Whether its for pot or anything else?

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Just like the guy who pounds tequila before work and shows up drunk has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

You can't prove a negative smart guy.

I can tell you right now, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. There's no evidence whatsoever that someone who smokes pot on their own time cannot function in any of the capacities you listed. You're just talking out of your ass.

*ROFLMAO* Yes, I've seen the effects of people who smoke on their own time, but I am talking out my ass. Dude., STFU already. YOU are the one talking out your ass because you are trying to assume you know have any clue about the experiences I've been through. You don't and its pure ignorance on your part to assume you.

This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Just like the guy who pounds tequila before work and shows up drunk has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Actually, if you truly had followed the conversation, it does have to do with what we are talking about. But you keep blowing it off. Just ignore it and stop replying then.

*ROFLMAO* Yes, I've seen the effects of people who smoke on their own time, but I am talking out my ass. Dude., STFU already. YOU are the one talking out your ass because you are trying to assume you know have any clue about the experiences I've been through. You don't and its pure ignorance on your part to assume you.

When pressed for evidence that people who smoke on their own time are a liability in the workplace you provided a personal anecdote (which sounds exactly like a story someone would make up to strengthen a point) about someone who was high in the workplace. I think I'll let this fact speak for itself.

Actually, if you truly had followed the conversation, it does have to do with what we are talking about. But you keep blowing it off. Just ignore it and stop replying then.

No it doesn't. You are talking about someone who is high DURING work. Nobody here has mentioned anything about that but you.

Oh dear god, it's like talking to a 2 year old. Smoking before work = being high at work, which is entirely different from NOT BEING AN IDIOT AND DOING IT ON YOUR OWN TIME. This is no different from a guy who drinks a bottle of mad dog on his way to work. Try like hell not to be a moron here, ok? As for "random" testing, it is beatable, trust me, I know people who have been doing it for decades. And none of them are high at work, before you try to resurrect that ******ed argument, but they do smoke after work, before they go to bed, and on weekends, when their ON THE JOB PERFORMANCE IS NOT IN QUESTION. These same people are not even remotely affected in their daily work. Any ****** can find the high guy at work, just like any ****** can find the drunk guy at work. I've worked forklifts, manufacturing, heavy machinery, and much more so please don't act like you have a different perspective, you lost that right when you started talking like you had inside insight on gulags. Smoking pot DOES NOT EQUAL smoking pot at, or just before work. There are way more people who smoke pot at home, who aren't stupid enough to do it before work, who never, ever, are affected in the workplace. There are also plenty of people who drink at home, who aren't stupid enough to do it before work, who never, ever, are affected. And for the record, I've known many more drunks who tried to "sneak one in" at or before work than I have potheads who did so please couch that argument too.

So now we're restricting it to those industries? Moving the goalposts wherever you see fit.

You said "good" companies drug test. Now you're saying companies in the manufacturing and insurance industries who want to avoid liability drug test. That's a hell of a lot of backpedaling.

I love when people who lack reading comprehension attempt to spin things so they look smart. Listen. I was giving EXAMPLES that I'd encountered from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Its not back-pedalling. Its called a smaller set of the larger whole. If you want to be ignorant and assume otherwise, go right ahead.

Unintentional comedy? Is this an analogy that's even worth responding to? I think not.

Of course you would be a coward and say its not worth responding to. That is typical of someone who realizes that they just got beaten to a pulp, figuratively speaking. Sorry, but that is exactly what you are advocating when you say that if its on their own time, it shouldn't matter.

Again, where is the proof that someone smoking pot ON THEIR OWN TIME can lead to someone being "maimed or killed?" You have none, and you're generalizing ineffectively. Employees shouldn't do a whole host of things on their own time that are against the law, would you advocate corporations spying on them? setting up security cameras in their homes?

OMFG. I gave you my personal experience. Its not generalizing. Its what I have seen with my own eyes.

I love how YOU are the one who is generalizing ineffectively and attempting to put words into my mouth, yet you point the finger at me. That's laughable.

Other than drugs, selling corporate secrets or pirating the company's software, there is nothing I can think or right now that a person can do at home that would be detrimental to the company they work for. So, no, I can't see advocating a company spying on them AT HOME. However, I can see a company keeping copies of emails sent from company computers and telephone records of company owned phones and doing audits of them. Just like they audit corporate expense accounts.

There is nothing worse than a fool who thinks himself a wise man.
I love when people who lack reading comprehension attempt to spin things so they look smart. Listen. I was giving EXAMPLES that I'd encountered from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. Its not back-pedalling. Its called a smaller set of the larger whole. If you want to be ignorant and assume otherwise, go right ahead.

Of course you would be a coward and say its not worth responding to. That is typical of someone who realizes that they just got beaten to a pulp, figuratively speaking. Sorry, but that is exactly what you are advocating when you say that if its on their own time, it shouldn't matter.

OMFG. I gave you my personal experience. Its not generalizing. Its what I have seen with my own eyes.

I love how YOU are the one who is generalizing ineffectively and attempting to put words into my mouth, yet you point the finger at me. That's laughable.

Other than drugs, selling corporate secrets or pirating the company's software, there is nothing I can think or right now that a person can do at home that would be detrimental to the company they work for. So, no, I can't see advocating a company spying on them AT HOME. However, I can see a company keeping copies of emails sent from company computers and telephone records of company owned phones and doing audits of them. Just like they audit corporate expense accounts.

The second game check is pushing it.
How dare you comment about the original story and topic!

How dare you comment about the original story and topic!

I heard Adam Seward is part of the NFL anti-pot taskforce ;)

What? Jesus this is just nonsense now. What does what someone does in their house, legal or not, have to do with their on the job performance?

Zeke - I gave 3 examples (2 of which I saw personally) where the person had smoked pot "ON THEIR OWN TIME" prior to coming to work. They were still HIGH and it was their being impaired that caused the accidents. And the COMPANY was held liable for the actions of the employees.

So, its not nonsense. It was my proof that people do take drugs "on their own time" and it still impairs their ability to work properly.

The worst part about this is that it was YOU and Wildo and Deus who brought this up and it has NOTHING to do with the Kevin Faulk situation. Nothing. Because Faulk wasn't being punished for using drugs. He was being punished for possession. I know that. I understand it. I have no issue with it. No one else should either because its a condition of his employment. Period. End of story.

There is nothing worse than a fool who thinks himself a wise man.

This is funny coming from one of the biggest fools in this thread.

Zeke - I gave 3 examples (2 of which I saw personally) where the person had smoked pot "ON THEIR OWN TIME" prior to coming to work. They were still HIGH and it was their being impaired that caused the accidents. And the COMPANY was held liable for the actions of the employees.

So, its not nonsense. It was my proof that people do take drugs "on their own time" and it still impairs their ability to work properly.

The worst part about this is that it was YOU and Wildo and Deus who brought this up and it has NOTHING to do with the Kevin Faulk situation. Nothing. Because Faulk wasn't being punished for using drugs. He was being punished for possession. I know that. I understand it. I have no issue with it. No one else should either because its a condition of his employment. Period. End of story.

We weren't the ones who strayed off topic, go back and read richpats' posts.

Your probably fake stories do not qualify as "proof" and anyone with a brain knows that nobody was talking about excusing people who show up to work high. "Smoking on their own time" does not mean right before work. Just like you probably wouldn't advocate firing someone because they drink outside of work on the assumption that they will drink right before work and show up drunk. It's totally irrelevant.

I'm with DaBruinz all the way with this.
Pot smoking on or OFF the job is a scourge.

I was a supervisor of meter readers for a major utility for over 20 years and I know first-hand how,even off the job, pot smoking has tremendous impact on job performance.

I'm talking about impaired driving,lack of motivation and the general malaise pot smoking causes,which is a killer for ANY organization....in or out of sports.

If Faulk does it at a concert,then he might do it driving home after a game or practice.
This is not harmless...it's a drug that has addictive qualities........not a good idea.

DB only a fool would take what Deus, Wildo, and myself had all said about "on their own time" and equate that to "just before work". This is as ridiculous (as I've pointed out at least 2 times) as someone drinking before work...you are legally allowed to drink on your own time, but drinking before work IS STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE EITHER. Please stop throwing stupid arguments out there solely because they support what you want to be true. Nobody, NOBODY has suggested that being high at work is a good idea, especially around heavy machinery. Nobody suggested being drunk, or just impaired by legally prescribed pain killers et al was ok either. You fail to, after being challenged repeatedly, connect recreational pot usage at home, after work or on weekends, to workplace hazard, which is directly related to what richpats originally brought up, and which is what Deus, Wildo, and myself were all referring to. Let's all agree, being f*cked up at work, on pot, crack, meth, coke, booze, or just legally procured Zanax is unacceptable and probably will lead to accidents, whether they were taken literally while you were at work, or just before. Now that we've eliminated that idiotic option, let's get back to what we do when it has no impact on our actual work, but is still applicable to whether we can be fired for it, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back