PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kenny Britt is reportedly visiting Patriots Sunday 3/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britt is someone I would definately take a flier on. The guy has all the talent in the world and if he could put it together would be the #1 WR on the team (Yeah that is a big IF).

What is somewhat encouraging is that he has had alot of visits and hasn't signed anywhere yet. That makes me think that noone has blown him away with an offer and everyone wants him on a cheap 1 year prove it deal which is perfect for the Pats.

Kenny Britt ‏@KennyBritt_18 21m
The whole world wanna know where Kenny Britt going ... I'm like homie just wait on it ... Lol

The whole world wanna know where Kenny Britt going ... I'm like homie just wait on it ... Lol

Please go to Oakland or the Jets..........

The whole world wanna know where Kenny Britt going ... I'm like homie just wait on it ... Lol ��

A pats fan tweeted at him, "The Patriots we know." He tweeted back, "Lol."

KennyBrittWatch2014

The playing time is there, but he'd have to earn it with us.

Which is why I don't believe he'll be coming here.

I think the playing time issue will be important to him, particularly since there is a high chance of having incentives tied into it.

He's not exactly top of the depth chart here.

I think the playing time issue will be important to him, particularly since there is a high chance of having incentives tied into it.

Not sure he is top of the depth chart anywhere.
His playing time is more about him than the other receivers on the team.

honestly I don't want any player who is unwilling to compete for playing time. That tells me 1 thing, you don't think you have the ability to come in and take a job. The best players will see the field on all 32 franchises.

Kenny Britt â€@KennyBritt_18 21m
The whole world wanna know where Kenny Britt going ... I'm like homie just wait on it ... Lol í*½í¸

Once he signs the who world will be wondering where Austin Collie is signing.

Not sure he is top of the depth chart anywhere.
His playing time is more about him than the other receivers on the team.

We'll have to see how it works out, but I'm wondering if there isn't a better chance of him seeing some more reps on another team right off the bat?

That may/may not factor into his decision, but one can assume that a team like CAR would probably give him a much better chance of seeing the field more often. The same may go for STL as well, since he has a relationship with Fisher.

We'll have to see how it works out, but I'm wondering if there isn't a better chance of him seeing some more reps on another team right off the bat?

That may/may not factor into his decision, but one can assume that a team like CAR would probably give him a much better chance of seeing the field more often. The same may go for STL as well, since he has a relationship with Fisher.

If he can learn the playbook and his knees aren't shot (two gigantic if's) I could envision him starting on the outside opposite of Dobson (and Edelman in the slot) with LaFell as the top reserve.

But he's guaranteed a lot more than an outside chance at starting if he goes somewhere else.

A receiving corps of Dobson-Britt-Edelman-Gronk starting with LaFell and Amendola (and Boyce or Thompkins if we choose 6 true WR) as quality reserves sounds pretty decent to me. Much better than last season.

Outside of maybe the Panthers Britt will have to battle for a spot of the teams interested.

Of the teams that are reportedly interested

STL- Austin and Givens are locks. I count 3-4 guys that he would be battling to be the #3 WR and #2 Outside WR

BUF- Johnson & Woods are locks. He would be batting Graham and Goodwin. So at best he is the #3 WR

WAS- Garcon and Roberts are locks. I count 3 others he'd be battling to be the #3 WR.

NE- Well we all know that situation. Which is right now the #1 Outside guy will be determined at camp. Although some think LaFell, while some other people think Dobson

I'm just saying outside of Carolina, Britt would have just as good of a chance to get playing time in NE than we would of the other teams interested, maybe even a slightly better chance.

Outside of maybe the Panthers Britt will have to battle for a spot of the teams interested.

Of the teams that are reportedly interested

STL- Austin and Givens are locks. I count 3-4 guys that he would be battling to be the #3 WR and #2 Outside WR

BUF- Johnson & Woods are locks. Batting Graham and Goodwin. So at best he is the #3 WR

WAS- Garcon and Roberts are locks. I count 3 others he'd be battling to be the #3 WR.

NE- Well we all know that situation. Which is right now the #1 Outside guy will be determined at camp.

I'm just saying outside of Carolina Britt would have just as good a chance to get playing time in NE than we would of the other teams interested, maybe even a slightly better chance.

I think you're giving some guys too much credit and Britt not enough (again, ONLY if healthy).

I also may be wrong, but a guy like Tavon Austin would line up primarily in the slot, doesn't Stevie Johnson do a lot of work there too? Britt wouldn't be competing with those guys as most of these offense operate out of a 3WR base.

STL may also have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL along with CAR, they keep blowing high draft picks and seeing little return. Minnesota is another place I'm surprised wasn't interested in Britt.

If he is the same guy of the last few years he won't get playing time anywhere.
Of he is the guy some people want to think he is, the one that showed up for 2-3 games once upon a time, he will get all the playing time he wants.
If he is in between, which is very likely the case, he will be a role player on whatever team he ends up with.
This is a guy more likely to be cut in training camp than to be a top target.

I think you're giving some guys too much credit and Britt not enough (again, ONLY if healthy).

I also may be wrong, but a guy like Tavon Austin would line up primarily in the slot, doesn't Stevie Johnson do a lot of work there too? Britt wouldn't be competing with those guys as most of these offense operate out of a 3WR base.

STL may also have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL along with CAR, they keep blowing high draft picks and seeing little return. Minnesota is another place I'm surprised wasn't interested in Britt.

What credit does Britt have in the NFL right now? He's had multiple surgeries, had more run-ins with the law than anyone else in the league, and whatever happened in Tennessee wasn't soley on the Titans.

It's doubtful any of those teams he visited offered him a guaranteed job. Which means he will be battling for a job.

I'm just making the point that outside of Carolina wherever he goes he will be battling for his spot and that he would have as good of a shot seeing playing time in NE as he would with the other teams.

What credit does Britt have in the NFL right now? He's had multiple surgeries, had more run-ins with the law than anyone else in the league, and whatever happened in Tennessee wasn't soley on the Titans.

It's doubtful any of those teams he visited offered him a guaranteed job. Which means he will be battling for a job.

I'm just making the point that outside of Carolina wherever he goes he will be battling for his spot and that he would have as good of a shot seeing playing time in NE as he would with the other teams.

I've stated multiple imes *ONLY* if healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back