PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kelvin Benjamin has a Torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's definitely a shame. That kid is going to be a stud for years to come. On the flip side, and I know this has nothing to do with him, but I'm glad that's one less weapon for Cam Newton. I have not been a fan of his ever since I saw the video of him practicing somewhere and he cracked the joke about Brady when he picked up a ball that felt slightly off to his liking. He instantly became a chump in my book. I know it's selfish, but I couldn't care less.

Is it me, or does it seem like ACL injuries are a lot more prevalent these days, especially the non-contact variety? It's weird because I don't ever remember so many up until about 2009-ish. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention closely before maybe . . .
I do remember Jamal Lewis going down in one for the Ravens back in 2001.

going to be hard to find a decent replacement with Cam getting 20 million a year now.

Probably looking at Welker.

No disrespect, but Welker would not be anything close to a replacement for Benjamin.

Too bad. I was curious to see what his 2nd year would be like. Hope he recovers fast. I think he has the makings of one of the best young WRs in the NFL.

I do remember Jamal Lewis going down in one for the Ravens back in 2001.
Hi Joey. Yeah, no doubt there were ACL injuries pre-2009. It just seems like they've become a lot more prevalent in the league today. I'm basing this on just my feeling, though, and no real empirical data. Players just seem to be dropping like flies from this injury more and more to me.

No disrespect, but Welker would not be anything close to a replacement for Benjamin.
At this point their current slot, Philly Brown, is much better than Welker.

Too bad. I was curious to see what his 2nd year would be like. Hope he recovers fast. I think he has the makings of one of the best young WRs in the NFL.
There is no question in my mind that he'll be a stud soon (after rehabbing of course).

That's definitely a shame. That kid is going to be a stud for years to come. On the flip side, and I know this has nothing to do with him, but I'm glad that's one less weapon for Cam Newton. I have not been a fan of his ever since I saw the video of him practicing somewhere and he cracked the joke about Brady when he picked up a ball that felt slightly off to his liking. He instantly became a chump in my book. I know it's selfish, but I couldn't care less.

Is it me, or does it seem like ACL injuries are a lot more prevalent these days, especially the non-contact variety? It's weird because I don't ever remember so many up until about 2009-ish. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention closely before maybe . . .

They've always been pretty common, it's the instant reporting that's more common these days. Not that long ago, you just found out every week or so which guys had had their ACLs blown out in training camp.

They've always been pretty common, it's the instant reporting that's more common these days. Not that long ago, you just found out every week or so which guys had had their ACLs blown out in training camp.
Yeah, I hear you, Brady. I read about someone tearing an ACL in almost every TC report I read, whether intently or just to pass some time in line somewhere. But you're probably right. Everything seems more overblown or common now with the media being the machine it is today. Even false reports spread like wildfire now (sorry, I couldn't help it). F*ck Mort and all the other clowns at ESPN and elsewhere.

The Panthers... Should listen to ... SAMMY

Is there an ortho. doc on these boards that can explain why there are so many ACL injuries in training camp? I realize the instant media reporting makes it seem like there is more, but they do seem more common overall. And non-contact injuries still seem bizarre too.

This. While not going into whether or not he was worth the pick he was taken at, he was a darn good receiver his first year.

There's never a good time for an ACL injury but, if there ever was a better time than most, it's in a guy's second year. He still has time to rebound and fully round back into form before it's time to negotiate a new contract.

I am begining to wonder if there is too much pre season practice and games. Even the pre season practice session have gotten too competitive with teams training together. Nothing ruins a season like an injury to one of your good players during pre season that has him out all season. Just saying

Really sorry to hear that; he's a great young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back