PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kelvin Benjamin has a Torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy s.hit thats a shame. The NFC South is garbage and the Panthers probably could have taken it easily. This will really screw them up

That is why overinvestment in any player is a dangerous proposition. From what I read, the Panther's offense was to go through him this year.

Poor luck for the kid, and I wish him the best for speedy and complete recovery.

panthers have a decent shot at a top 5 pick.

Damn, that sucks. Could be a killer for the Panthers, they have basically nothing behind him at WR. Especially with Funchess battling his own injury issues.

funchess looked good in the preaseaon. they brought back Ginn who is a role player. it's a weak division, so i still think they will do well enough to sneak in to playoffs

**** the Panthers and their QB.

After hearing about ANOTHER player going down for the season, and looking at the long list of Pats players either not in WV or not practicing, I have to wonder if NOT practicing as much as they used to, really helping the players and protecting them from injuries. It seems like the Pats are practicing on a daily basis with about 20% of their squad not available.

Its not like its like the Pats are alone in this, there are teams out there with even more injuries and very few with less. This can't be a coincidence. Granted a lot of these injuries are nicks that take a week or so to get over, but I can't get over the feeling that there are many more injuries occurring in the NFL ever since the new CBA came into being.

I mean, supposedly these are professionally trained athletes who not only train for strength, but also explosion and flexibility. They are never get really out of shape. It's not like back in the early 70's when players didn't do much at all before TC, because they knew that TC was long enough and had plenty of practice time, for them to get in football shape, and even THEN the only time you heard about someone getting hurt a splint and cast were usually involve. (and yes I understand that 40 years ago players were smaller and slower...but still...)

The new CBS has been in force for 5 TC's now. I have to believe that they haven't begun to accumulate enough statistical evidence that lowering the amount of practice time and contact is ACTUALLY benefitting the players' bodies.......or is it harming them?

Last edited:
Hmmm . . . "Here kitty draft picks, here kitty draft picks. . . ." :D

Tough break for one of the better young receivers in the game!!!

Damn, that's bad news. hate to see anyone lose an entire season.

That's all I hope out of preseason is that guys get out of it healthy.

going to be hard to find a decent replacement with Cam getting 20 million a year now.

Probably looking at Welker.

Wonder if the soccer cleats of today are just too damn good????

These guys work out in the gym in training shoes .... cleats are another story.

My teen kid is a soccer keeper and the cleats he wears now are way better than the round soccer studded cleats his older brother and sister used to wear .... they had more slippage then than now. The football cleats I see at Nike.Com are unreal they are so good. Anyways I wish the kid the best ... hate to see anyone injured and always wish the opposition is at their strongest.

That's definitely a shame. That kid is going to be a stud for years to come. On the flip side, and I know this has nothing to do with him, but I'm glad that's one less weapon for Cam Newton. I have not been a fan of his ever since I saw the video of him practicing somewhere and he cracked the joke about Brady when he picked up a ball that felt slightly off to his liking. He instantly became a chump in my book. I know it's selfish, but I couldn't care less.

Is it me, or does it seem like ACL injuries are a lot more prevalent these days, especially the non-contact variety? It's weird because I don't ever remember so many up until about 2009-ish. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention closely before maybe . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News