PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kellen Winslow's first Q&A: sounds like a Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Kellen Winslow's first Q&A: sounds like a Patriot

The think with KW2 is that he has always had a scapegoat and knew he could run his mouth. Now, he's playing with arguable the greatest QB and coach in the history of football so if it's not working out, it's easy to see who is at fault. So - I think all he can do it shut his mouth and talk our talk because if TB12 isn't throwing you the ball, there is a reason that is not TB12.

re: Kellen Winslow's first Q&A: sounds like a Patriot

Winslow was a a productive player on a bad team last season. I think his problem with Schianno was more the fact that Winslow represented the past. His loyalties were clearly with the old HC, who was one of those "player coaches". When Kellen didn't buy in to the off season program he became a symbol of the old regime.

It was less that Winslow was a bad or disruptive person, but rather someone Schianno saw as a potential problem, on a young team, with a new HC trying to establish himself. Add his knee problems and Winslow becomes a perfect object lesson for Schianno to use to establish his authority.

The question I have is why it didn't work out for him in Seattle. With his knee problem I can't see him being as mobile a receiver as Hernandez. But he's a capable receiving TE who is better than anyone we have to play this week. And whatever prickly aspect to his personality will be controlled by the strong locker room and the established authority of BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes