PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keith Rivers to visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread is about Keith Rivers not Cromartie. I bet his IQ is higher than yours.

Reportedly only got a 16 on his Wonderlic.

Wonderlic is and always has been a joke. It also is highly irrelevant as to football IQ. That's why the Patriots like most teams don't pay it any intention and give there own IQ tests. People who talk about the wonderlic usually are media members with agendas.

Keith Rivers is highly intelligent and very instinctive but don't let the facts get in the way of a personal argument.

SCOUTS INC. Report

Strengths: Possesses outstanding size; is well built for his taller frame. Also has long arms (33), huge hands (11) and a strong upper body (24 reps). Not an elite athlete, but he does have good speed and athleticism for his size. Makes up for what he lack in terms of elite athleticism with great recognition skills. He is smart, tough and instinctive. Shows very good awareness. Rarely takes false steps. Is a striker as a tackler. Will make some big hits due to his short area explosiveness. Uses hands well to keep off of blocks. He refuses to stay blocked. Takes excellent angles in pursuit. Displays good range in zone coverage. Also is an underrated pass rusher. Has developed a better array of pass rush moves, hugs the rail as he turns the corner as an outside rusher and displays surprising closing burst to the QB. Knows how to jar the ball loose and generates more than his share of forced fumbles. Plays with a very good motor and will wear blockers down. Never gives up on a play and will show tremendous effort when pursuing from the backside. He's always flying around the field. Leads by example.

I was hearing good things about his pro day on sirus radio on my way to work today. Kinda finalized the thinking on my part that he will be a great fall back choice at 7 if the wrong 6 guys go before us. I still would rather Gohlston, either Long, or Mcfadden but if they are gone I will be excited if we took Rivers.

The wonderlik is overrated. Wilfork scored a 10, and he's a very smart football player. Reading visual keys is the issue for an ILB, not reading Greek (or reading WORDS at all).

Rivers strikes me as a serious, mature person, willing to listen and learn, who wants to be great. He is not my first choice by any stretch, but if the Pats pull the trigger on Rivers I could live with it. His on-field play reminds me of Keith Bullock, which isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:
The wonderlik is overrated. Wilfork scored a 10, and he's a very smart football player. Reading visual keys is the issue for an ILB, not reading Greek (or reading WORDS at all).

Rivers strikes me as a serious, mature person, willing to listen and learn, who wants to be great. He is not my first choice by any stretch, but if the Pats pull the trigger on Rivers I could live with it. His on-field play reminds me of Keith Bullock, which isn't a bad thing.

I wanted to say something like this about Rivers.

I'm not completely sure about him at 34 ILB, but he does seem like a potential beast in the making, and I think he'll be successful in the NFL. Will that be in a 34? Not sure, and he seemingly projects better to other systems, but I just get the feeling he's going to be a good one, and I wouldn't be upset if the Patriots were to select him somewhere in the first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back