PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kawika Mitchell and Kelley Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the free agent related posts, this may have been mentioned before but....

There are two UFA's that I've always had my eye on.

One is Kawika Mitchell, of KC, formerly of South Florida. I always thought of him as the perfect MLB. Tough. Playmaker. Solid, with a nose for the ball. He's only 28, and has had over 100 tackles each of the last two seasons. I wouldn't think he'd cost an arm and a leg, but it could be that he's strickly a MLB, and doesn't provide the flexibility that BB likes.

The second one I have seen mentioned here. Kelley Washington, WR, of the Bengals. I have a couple of buddies from the Ohio area, who are big Bengals' fans, and they both think he's going to be a great player. He has the size and speed, and the injury factor kept his stats in check (not to mention that WR talent in front of him in Cinncy) such that he too should not cost an arm and a leg.

Anyway, just a couple of under the radar favorites of mine. What do you think, and do you have any other "under the radar" suggestions?
Kawika Mitchell is horrendous. He is neither tough nor a playmaker.

The below video is a good example why Mitchell's tackle totals are bogus homerism or downfield pile-ons and why he attracted little interest in free agency and settled on a short contract. His stats lie. Bottom line, he sucks. Watch these highlights and you can see three absolutely pathetic attempts to tackle by Mitchell (#50). The first is at 1:52 of the video a weak-*** attempt on Corey Dillon. Next at 2:10 you can see a play involving Daniel Graham that has to be one of the sorriest, ***** attempts to prevent a big play (along with horrendous coverage) as you'll ever see in the NFL. Mitchell literally quits on the tackle and you can see it. There is another awful one by Mitchell on Dillon right after the Graham play at 2:17. Middle linebackers who tackle this poorly and quit on plays are not high on BB's list IMO.

Just play the video in the link.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter...wsdetail&pid=9821&pcid=78&searchstring=Chiefs

Last edited:
Kawika Mitchell is horrendous. He is neither tough nor a playmaker.

The below video is a good example why Mitchell's tackle totals are bogus homerism or downfield pile-ons and why he is attracting little interest in free agency. Bottom line, he sucks. Watch these highlights and you can see three absolutely pathetic attempts to tackle by Mitchell (#50). The first is at 1:52 of the video a weak-*** attempt on Corey Dillon. Next at 2:10 you can see a play involving Daniel Graham that has to be one of the sorriest, ***** attempts to prevent a big play (along with horrendous coverage) as you'll ever see in the NFL. Mitchell literally quits on the tackle and you can see it. There is another awful one by Mitchell on Dillon right after the Graham play at 2:17. Middle linebackers who tackle this poorly and quit on plays are not going to be high on BB's list IMO.

Just play the video in the link.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index....chstring=chiefs

The link doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes