PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaczur Just Gets Slapped on Wrist - No Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge must be a Patriots fan, because its virtually unheard for the authorities to offer a lighter sentence to those who cooperate with them.

I can't believe it...the dude plays in the NFL and has a BAD muffler? He should have gotten the full year for that alone. I hate when cars have loud mufflers! :mad:

My girlfriend was prescribed this when she was 16 after scoliosis surgery and she died last year(7 years later) from it. So I know what I am talking about.....
But what is public knowledge now is that he had 200 pills, and one a day is the prescription level. Its hard to believe they were all for him(scripts are usually for about 30 pills), and it likely should have been trafficking......There is no way the commish let this guy walk, not with the problem that drug has caused the country. If he gets 4 games he is off easy, but I see more likely 8 games. Tell me you want to go through camp with him as your starter knowing this...... I would be surprised if he makes the opening day roster now the facts have come out. Wishing hard on drafting Albert even more.....

I really don't think you get how the program works in the NFL. You can't suspend a player for addiction to painkillers on a first offense. Possessing a banned performance enhancing substance - or testing positive for one - is not about addiction and is another whole level of offense for which first offenders get suspended. And similarly with the Commissioners discretionary personal conduct policy you will not see a player suspended for a first offense misdemeanor let alone one that is continued without a finding in part because he cooperated with authorities. Were he in felony trouble relating to distribution that would be more plausible. And if he started suspending them for moving violations they would have to scrap the season...

Like I always say, if you get caught, COOPERATE!!!

As you can see in this case, it really pays off.

Many of you don't know that the CBA negotiates the pusnishments and the order that they can be applied.

Unless Nick has a prior drug charge,that tossed him into the program before, the ONLY thing the Commisioner can do is place him in the drug monitoring program. More drug tests, unannounced. Tha..Tha... That's all, Folks!

He woud have had to be convicted of a felony for any other action by the comissioner and all he got was a trial continuance and probation for a class 7 misdemeanor. i think spitting on the sidewalk or jaywalking are more severe.

I wish you guys knew what you were talking about before you speak... as for the ratfink attititude, that is your problem, not his.

Kindly, Stuff it.

You can try to hide behind the CBA but its now public knowledge and it depends weather or not the media want to make a big deal of it. Just as in the Favre case, the commish steps in and does whats in the interest of the LEAGUE. I assure you that Mr and Mrs Krafty are getting all kinds of letters from other people who lost loved ones to this DRUG. It is "legalized" HEROIN!! If you dont have a prescription it is now as illeagal as HEROIN. The fact that he got a light sentence or they put it in class 7 has to do with his LAWYER and his cooperation(and possible NFL celebrity status).
As far as the SIZE of the player, they have different SIZE pills(MGs)for different size people so I am sure he got the XXL size. If it is for personal use he is ADDICTED and may already be in the program right? We wouldnt/shouldnt know.....I question how a guy can pass drug tests if he claims to be an addict(personal use). Going forward you know if he is a addict that he will be tested and (due to the addictive nature of the drug)is likely to test posetive.
Bottom line is you havent heard the end of this. Possible hoopla from this story could make it in the interest of the league to suspend him. Who knows. But I assure you that this isnt a HGH type of drug, you can look up the statistics and see that this is not a recreational drug. It is the most addictive man-made drug ever made and thats why it was supposed to be prescribed only to the terminally ill. It kills hundreds of people every day in this country. Please dont be ignorant to the facts, your callousness and insensetivity arent appreciated.

Nobody is hiding behind the CBA. As Bill would say, it is what it is - and that is a collectively bargained agreement with prescribed penalties and procedures many of which are designed specifically to protect players with addiction issues from being summarily shunned.

Similarly the Commissioner can't suspend individuals on a whim or the union soon would not back his broad interpretation of his own powers. He struggled with suspending Vick because he had never been arrested or convicted of anything prior to the FEDS indicting him.

And as for testing it happens in TC and pre season and not again for the remainder of the season unless you are in the program. Players cannot be randomly tested more than once a season without substantial cause.

If Kaczur tests positive for any banned substance or gets a DUI between now and next offseason he will be in the program for 2 years. A third positive and he gets a one game. If he's arrested for much of anything even excluding drugs he will be in trouble with the law, the team and the Commissioner.

The only hoopla from this story is from people on this board who don't understand how the system works - yourself included. There were people here predicting everything from suspension to dismissal to deportation. None of that has or will transpire for this offense. In fact the Kraft's are prohibited from cutting or suspending or disciplining him because of this and would have to stretch to prove to an arbitrator (after the union filed suit on his behalf) they did it for some other reason - like he sucks...

If you read the article you would realize that he IS in a 2yr program already. And let me be more clear....he had 202 pills when any doctor writing a prescription would have a dose of 1 a day. One explanation is that they are for his personal use, and that would make him a addict. The fact that this is the most addictive prescription available doesnt bode well for him NOT testing positive. Or the other alternative is that he was selling the pills, and that would make him a drug dealer.
Personally I dont care one or the other, fact is he got preferrential treatment to stay out of jail...FINE. But lets not say we cut Andrews for pot and kept Kaczur for this.....pot has never killed anyone. And I dont know if Andrews' court date has come yet, I dont think it has....yet he was cut. Nothing ever happened to Vick, because the commish didnt have to do anything because he was in the grips of the legal system--still is. Henry on Cincy was cut before his court date, now might be resigned.....I dont see the Union stepping forward on any of these public cases, as I think their influence is in the private ones that are kept private. Hence my idea that more reporting on the subject can still affect the team's and the Kraft's image.

I hope Nick gets some treatment. I'm glad he didn't have to serve time...that's not going to help his problem. He helped law enforcement and like many, he got a deal for doing so.

Glad they got the bigger fish.

The judge must be a Patriots fan, because its virtually unheard for the authorities to offer a lighter sentence to those who cooperate with them.

Is that your tongue pushing out your cheek?;)

If you read the article you would realize that he IS in a 2yr program already. And let me be more clear....he had 202 pills when any doctor writing a prescription would have a dose of 1 a day. One explanation is that they are for his personal use, and that would make him a addict. The fact that this is the most addictive prescription available doesnt bode well for him NOT testing positive. Or the other alternative is that he was selling the pills, and that would make him a drug dealer.
Personally I dont care one or the other, fact is he got preferrential treatment to stay out of jail...FINE. But lets not say we cut Andrews for pot and kept Kaczur for this.....pot has never killed anyone. And I dont know if Andrews' court date has come yet, I dont think it has....yet he was cut. Nothing ever happened to Vick, because the commish didnt have to do anything because he was in the grips of the legal system--still is. Henry on Cincy was cut before his court date, now might be resigned.....I dont see the Union stepping forward on any of these public cases, as I think their influence is in the private ones that are kept private. Hence my idea that more reporting on the subject can still affect the team's and the Kraft's image.

Andrews was caught with a half pound and beat his girlfriend. Sorry, but the dude has legal issues. Why the hell he'd need a freaking HP of pot is beyond me. Kazcur just got caught dealing on the side, so like a ***** he sung like a choir boy. It's obvious he was dealing, anyone who thinks an active starting NFL player ate that many pills a day and still was on his game is just clueless when it comes to drugs. He was dealing, it's painfully obvious.

Depends on which article you believe. The Pro Jo piece referenced it differently quoting the DA: "The plea deal also requires Kaczur to comply with any type of treatment, monitoring or employee assistance program imposed by the Patriots", Oneida County Assistant District Attorney Grant Garramone said. The Globe stringers reporting on this one may bave come to their own conclusions about what that entailed. If he is already in phase 2 of the program it is likely due to drinking problems - he reportedly caught some flack at the end of his rookie season for showing up to practice hung over. Again, none of that gets you suspended. If he is in fact in phase 2 then a positive test for drugs or alcohol in the next two years would net him a 1 game.

Keep telling yourself that your drug of choice never killed anyone. I had a cousin nearly decapitate himself driving under it's influence. Addiction is addiction. That is why these employer programs exist - to treat it rather than leap to punishing it. And Vick did ultimately get suspended indefinitely prior to the legal system hearing his case - when his buddy rolled on him and his accomplices. And Andrews was released only after he was arrested for threatening his baby mama with a gun. Myra Kraft has a short fuse when it comes to domestic violence.

PS Oxy doesn't have a 24 hour half life. More like 6. Depending on mg. strength and level of addiction 202 pills could be a 4-6 week supply for an OL. He was driving down from his home in Canada and the pills were supposedly from a Canadian source so perhaps he had found a home based supplier and brought his camp stash back with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes