PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Tuck on Brady's toughness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes Rodney Harrison's "skirt" comment sound even more clownish than it already did.

Tuck = mvp of SB 42 and 46.

Wimps in the NFL dont run the Quarterback Sneak as often or as well as Brady.

If Brady was such a wimp, he could have this play all but erased from the Patriot's playbook.

brdayx-wide-community.jpg

Remember, Brady tied the Super Bowl record for consecutive completions with 21, then was sacked very hard, hurt his shoulder badly, and became very inaccurate. Right after he was sacked hard, that was when he threw the interception to Blackburn (the guy covering Gronk downfield). He got it back together midway through the 4th qtr. and had the team rolling with 5 straight passes before O'Brien inexplicably sent out the jumbo package and tlegraphed a run. Giants were on their heels, and even they later admitted they were done for. The Welker drop happened 2 plays later.

Point is, Brady took a big shot and was not the player he was prior to that.

Tuck = mvp of SB 42 and 46.

I too will take this opportunity to state its basically a crime he didn't get SB MVP of 42 in particular. He chewed through the interior of the line and brought the Pats offense to a halt.

Remember, Brady tied the Super Bowl record for consecutive completions with 21, then was sacked very hard, hurt his shoulder badly, and became very inaccurate. Right after he was sacked hard, that was when he threw the interception to Blackburn (the guy covering Gronk downfield). He got it back together midway through the 4th qtr. and had the team rolling with 5 straight passes before O'Brien inexplicably sent out the jumbo package and tlegraphed a run. Giants were on their heels, and even they later admitted they were done for. The Welker drop happened 2 plays later.

Point is, Brady took a big shot and was not the player he was prior to that.

Idk if that caused it, but that int was like the safety, a head scratcher from Tom. He did enough to win it, welker just didn't hold up his end of the bargain. I don't pin the 2 SB losses on Tom, he gave us the lead or immensely helped the D. The defense had to keep them out of the EZ at the end with like 2:00 (can't remember the exact minutes) to go. They couldn't both times. The losses were both a defensive meltdown at the end IMO and 1 caught pass and 1 dropped pass.

I too will take this opportunity to state its basically a crime he didn't get SB MVP of 42 in particular. He chewed through the interior of the line and brought the Pats offense to a halt.

Your postgame analysis of that was brilliant, and is the type of thing this site sorely misses. We don't really have anyone else stepping up to take your place, and I don't have the patience for all that photo work, regardless of whether or not people would like my work.

Idk if that caused it, but that int was like the safety, a head scratcher from Tom. He did enough to win it, welker just didn't hold up his end of the bargain. I don't pin the 2 SB losses on Tom, he gave us the lead or immensely helped the D. The defense had to keep them out of the EZ at the end with like 2:00 (can't remember the exact minutes) to go. They couldn't both times. The losses were both a defensive meltdown at the end IMO and 1 caught pass and 1 dropped pass.

There is only one play where i really cursed at tom and that was the horrible INT throw to Blackburn. The thing that killed me is that when he moved out of the pocket to throw, there was a wide open field where he could of ran for major yardage but chose to pass. He would not have met a giant defender until he gained major yardage plus he was close to the sideline and could have stepped out. If he ran i believe we would have sealed their fate and won. I know he is great in the pocket and i really admire him but running once in a blue moon won't kill you:mad:

I always fantasize that in the next Superbowl Tom will surprise everyone and run on a crucial drive late in the fourth quarter. Everybody has it nailed into their head that Tom will always stay in the pocket so if we can design a good play then we will completely stun the defense. I know that OC will not do such cunning things because he LOVES doing the short pass all day long.

I honestly believe Tom is the greatest QB but i would really like him to be a little flexible an run on some plays. QB should have the ability to run on some level. Tom is intelligent and he can judge when he can do it but he always holds back and this can cost us very big.

A great attack requires speed as well as cunning. We are fast and accurate but we need some really deceptive plays at opportune times in the game. I am not asking him to be like RG3 but just do it when he sees a wide open field.

Your postgame analysis of that was brilliant, and is the type of thing this site sorely misses. We don't really have anyone else stepping up to take your place, and I don't have the patience for all that photo work, regardless of whether or not people would like my work.

Yeah, the photo work is a real kick in the pants, but essential to the job.

The first Giant SB was misunderstood by silly biased fans. Tom took a beating and still would have won that game had it not been for some bone head plays by the pats defense. So, after all that brutal smashing by the Giant D he still was in a position to win! Rather than understanding the significance of his stature and skill everybody chose to see it as Giants D beat him and that he failed etc. The Giants play the "hero" card and acted like they beat up tom and because of that they won. They simply stopped him from scoring his usual 42........and just contained him while rushing at him like 20 times. This actually highlights his greatness and toughness rather than detract from it.

I am amazed at how envy can cloud logic so badly. People never interpret situations as they are but how they want them to be(me included sometimes).

Great interview. Really good find.

I wonder what comments, if any, Ryan Clark will have to say about this... methinks he won't say a word like the punk-b he is.

Patriots fans have already known this for a dozen or so years.

Still it's cool to hear this from a G-Men.

When you hear them talk about Brady, and how if they didn't get to him they had no shot of beating the Patriots in both Super Bowls, it's pretty clear the level of respect he has from players within the NFL and even his toughest rivals.

Tom, to me, is the epitome of what it means to be an NFL player. He wasn't blessed with amazing physical gifts, but he worked hard at his craft, and had a lot of mental toughness to overcome his supposed shortcomings to be where he is today.

You don't get to be the greatest of all time by being soft, whether physically or mentally. Brady is as tough as they come.

Didn't brady play the entire season with a couple broken ribs a fingers a few seasons back? but yeah he's so soft...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes