PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4,
I know we've had our differences, but those were just smack talk related and nothing personal. I know what's wrong with your team (it's not rocket science). The problem is Mike Mularkey. He is a terrible tactician. He was bad with the Steelers, he was bad with Buffalo, and BB has always owned him wherever he's been. The Phins defense is decent, I believe R. Brown is an elite talent. But instead of basing the O on Brown, MUlarkey and Saban keep throwing the ball with their gimpy QB. The season is salvageable for the Phins.
Step 1. Remove Playmaking from Mularkey
Step 2. Pretend Culpepper has an injury. This will give his knee time to fully heal while keep the jackals off Harrington.
Step 3. Start Harrington
Step 4. Run the ball 50 % of the time, and give Brown 25 touches a game.

With that prescription, an 8-8 seaosn is still within reach. Culpepper will be improved next season. Saban simply misjudged his QBs, and rushed Culpepper back. Same as Carson Palmer. Neither player will be successful until '07 due to aftereffects of their injuries.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I am a man of my word and I will say, I was wrong. A lot of you guys told me the Dolphins wern't that good, and even though you were mostly right, no one can tell me they saw this coming. I seriously have no idea why the offense is so bad. The Pats looked good today and beat a very good team on the road. I still hate them, but they look like the much better team. I'm not throwing in the towel, but the season sure looks gloomy for the Fins. A win next week would change my mind, but we couldn't beat any one right now.
Here is a dose of reality: Miami Dolphins will finish in the AFC East cellar.

It's great that he comes back and admits he was wrong and gives NE credit.
I would just like for him to apologize for making a bet he had no intention of honoring.

Fact is - my $250 was sent over to the Bread of Life (as he agreed to do when he accepted the bet) and his money was not sent. It's "only" $50 from him, but it is the principle here. We chose the Bread of Life for the very reason it could be verified by a moderator from this group.

I cannot and will not let him off the hook after he acts so immature.

Last edited:
fgssand said:
It's great that he comes back and admits he was wrong and gives NE credit.
I would just like for him to apologize for making a bet he had no intention of honoring.

Fact is - my $250 was sent over to the Bread of Life (as he agreed to do when he accepted the bet) and his money was not sent. It's "only" $50 from him, but it is the principle here. We chose the Bread of Life for the very reason it could be verified by a moderator from this group.

I cannot and will not let him off the hook after he acts so immature.

Count me in on that. Until the big-mouth kid learns something about honor, he's dirt to me.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Count me in on that. Until the big-mouth kid learns something about honor, he's dirt to me.

Thanks for the support man....I stepped up for him to put up or shut up, yet he still drones on and on and on.

Hey Aqua, do you still think the Dolphins are going to sweep the Pats this season?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I am a man of my word and I will say, I was wrong. A lot of you guys told me the Dolphins wern't that good, and even though you were mostly right, no one can tell me they saw this coming. I seriously have no idea why the offense is so bad. The Pats looked good today and beat a very good team on the road. I still hate them, but they look like the much better team. I'm not throwing in the towel, but the season sure looks gloomy for the Fins. A win next week would change my mind, but we couldn't beat any one right now.
You're right, I didn't think it would be that bad for the 'phins. But I/we DID say that you were making a big mistake in believing that Culpepper was going to be your salvation. And even if he would play well, it's obvious from the way things have shaken out that there never was any foundation beyond faithful bravura for believing the Dolphins were ready to take the reigns away from the Pats.

What I will admit is that if I were in your place, I probably would have felt the same way about my team. But bottom line is, despite the loss of Branch of other free agents, the Pats are still clearly a more talented team, and at least as importantly, a better coached team.

Actually, I can say I saw it coming...

05-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Joe_n99
Member Join Date: Mar 2006

I Can't wait!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I really hate is when people take one specific stats to hammer home a point. Even if those stats are outdated and not applicable to a particular situation. For Culpepper everyone points to big year with Moss etc.. I would like to point out stats from last year against relevant competition. The AFC that is...

I pointed out somewhere else (I suspect it was to a Phin troll who since has been suspended along with Ricky Williams...) that Culpeppers stats vs. the AFC were as follows:

1 Game vs. Bengals
QB Rating= 36.4
Comp. % = 56.8%
TDs = 0
Sacks = 2
INTS = 5

Projected out for 16 game season vs AFC (if he lives that long) that would be
32 Sacks
and
80 INTS

oh.. and
0 TDs

give or take a few for NFC games of course..
Now, I hope everyone will take in to consideration that this is only a small sampling and of course the numbers could be MUCH, MUCH worse!!!! (Especially the sacks. Sacked 31 times in 7 gms last year, 46 times in 16 gms in 2004..)

PS It seems that Phins troll did read my post and emailed it to the Phins FO... enter Joey Harrington, who is now the BEST QB in the WORLD according to a new PHins poll.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Joe_n99 : 05-15-2006 at 04:23 PM.

SPOOKY Aint it! :)
I ain't right too often, so I am glad I have this one on record. Props Aqua for having the guts to come take the heat. I am with the others in hoping it takes at least a few weeks for Fins to get their act together, but there is still hope.

I did a complete statistical breakdown on Culpepper before the season started and pointed out that he was declining and was likely to be nothing more than mediocre this season. Well folks the proof is in the pudding.

It's not as fun to belittle you when you actually admit your team is bad. LOL. Miami needs a serious turnaround to make things work.

But things can change. Last week the Pats looked terrible. This week they soundly beat what many experts considered perhaps the best team in the NFL. Oh well I'll bet we're back in the top 10 in the power rankings, not that those mean anything. :p

VJCPatriot said:
But things can change. Last week the Pats looked terrible. This week they soundly beat what many experts considered perhaps the best team in the NFL. Oh well I'll bet we're back in the top 10 in the power rankings, not that those mean anything. :p

Well, according to Mike Wilbon on PTI, the Bengals are still the best team in the NFL.:rolleyes:

Bella*chick said:
Well, according to Mike Wilbon on PTI, the Bengals are still the best team in the NFL.:rolleyes:

Does that qualify him for the Real Men of Genius Thread?:singing:

Maybe we should wait a few weeks.

PATSNUTme said:
Does that qualify him for the Real Men of Genius Thread?:singing:

Maybe we should wait a few weeks.

Ha! You know, it probably does. But I think we can wait a few weeks, he is bound to say something else.

Tony was not on PTI today and the guest host (whose name I forget) was pretty incredulous when Wilbon went on and on. He said, "You are basically taking away all the credit to the NE Patriots." and Wilbon shrugged and said, "I guess I am."

I remember now why I hardly ever watch this show anymore.

At the gym I had to watch idiot pundit Clayton go on and on explaining away the Bengals loss because they had 3 players injured.

Hello! The Pats RT, FS and CB starters were OUT from injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back