PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just Wanted to Clear Up Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that 99.99999999999999% of all Patriot fans could care less about who makes a pro bowl....we'll take the Super Bowls

The good thing is you probably don't have to worry about either for the foreseeable future.

The good thing is you probably don't have to worry about either for the foreseeable future.

What is that like hoping for something that won't happen for the forseeable future? Just curious. I've seen Brady in the Pro Bowl, but must have missed Manning in that "other" bowl in the winter. Oh yeah, defense's fault, not his...cough..20-3...cough...

I have seen speculation all over this forum when discussing the 3 and 4 seed possibilities that the Colts may rest their starters and tank the Miami game if the Patriots lose the early game.

Just to clear up - the Colts can still get the #2 seed if Buffalo beats Baltimore, so the Colts will be playing their starters regardless of what the Pats do.

Happy New Year

Hey, guess what, we don't care what the Colts do.....

To be honest, it wouldn't be a bad idea for the Colts to start their 2nd stringers considering their starters cant stop a man in a wheel chair. They may have a better chance with their back ups.

My 80 year old grandmother can run on that weak A** Colts run defense.

Since you're in the "clearing stuff up" mood, why is it that whenever the Colts win, its because of Peyton, and when they lose, everyone (Manning included) blames someone else?

Don't confuse the Indy moron with logic...his head may explode

That's because he didn't have a defense, special teams and coaching carrying him like Brady.

The classic response of the Manning apologists.

When exactly were those playoff games where the colts offense put up even their average points only to have their defense blow it for them? NEVER.

The classic response of the Manning apologists.

When exactly were those playoff games where the colts offense put up even their average points only to have their defense blow it for them? NEVER.

I just wanted to elaborate on this a little. Peruse the following chart for a moment:

Games involving the Colts beginning with the 1998 season in playoff games:

1999 season: Adiv Sun Jan 16 2000 at Ind Tennessee 19, Indianapolis 16

2000 season: A wc Sat Dec 30 2000 at Mia Miami 23, Indianapolis 17 (OT)

2002 season: A wc Sat Jan 4 2003 at NYJ NY Jets 41, Indianapolis 0

2003 season: A wc Sun Jan 4 2004 at Ind Indianapolis 41, Denver 10

2003 season: Adiv Sun Jan 11 2004 at KC Indianapolis 38, Kansas City 31

2003 season: Achp Sun Jan 18 2004 at NE New England 24, Indianapolis 14

2004 season: A wc Sun Jan 9 2005 at Ind Indianapolis 49, Denver 24

2004 season: Adiv Sun Jan 16 2005 at NE New England 20, Indianapolis 3

2005 season: Adiv Sun Jan 15 2006 at Ind Pittsburgh 21, Indianapolis 18

The opponents' scores in Colt playoff losses are 19, 23 (17 in regulation), 41, 24, 20 and 21 which is an average of 24.7 ppg. Take out the Jet game and the average is 21.4 ppg which would be good for #19 this year. Good? Not really. But it certainly hasn't been the bane that people make it out to be.

Now, I definitely think that Manning has been playing like one of the best QBs of all time since 2003. But it cannot be said that the defense has killed the team. Maybe in the regular season, but in the playoffs they have been decent.

I have seen speculation all over this forum when discussing the 3 and 4 seed possibilities that the Colts may rest their starters and tank the Miami game if the Patriots lose the early game.

Just to clear up - the Colts can still get the #2 seed if Buffalo beats Baltimore, so the Colts will be playing their starters regardless of what the Pats do.

Happy New Year

Just to clear something else up, the Colts D couldn't stop a tortoise with two broken legs right now......maybe if all 4 legs were broken. The chances of them going deep in the playoffs much less winning the SB this season is about as good as my winning the lottery without purchasing a lottery ticket.

This year's Peyton Manning is different though..... he did wait for himself to CHOKE in the post season before throwing his teamates under the bus, he's already done it.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

2003 AFC FINALIST

Seriously, what other NFL team puts up banners for winning the wild card and losing their conference title game? Anyone?

Hey Moderators!

Why isn't this thread in the "Visiting locker Room " forum instead of here?!?!

Isn't that where the visiting Troll's threads are supposed to go?

:trolls:

Why argue with the Colts? They've just got a case of pen@s envy.:D

Those are TEAM accomplishments. Brady has proven conclusively over the past two years that he cannot carry a team(like Manning has every day of his career). Much of this year the Patriots have been winning in spite of Brady.

So, if Manning can carry a team every day of his career, how come he hasn't carried them to the Superbowl? Your logic is faulty.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

2003 AFC FINALIST

LOL...I don't know if Bill Simmons reads these boards, but...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061229

The Dungy/Manning era can be summed up with one anecdote: The Colts have an "AFC Finalists" banner hanging up in the Hoosier Dome. That ranks right up there with the Washington Mystics putting up "WNBA attendance leaders" banners and the city of Hartford throwing a parade for the Whalers after they took the Canadiens to seven games in a Round 2 playoff series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft