PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just dirty!!!

Huh? When is what on the player? We've already acknowledged the player was dogging it.

That's not the issue being discussed. The player is well known to the team. The player is also known to have motivational issues. The HC re-signs the player despite all of the above. The HC must have a plan to counter the players negative issues. The player reverts to motivational issues. The HC plan failed.

Steve: you're a hater, wha, wha, wha

Come on man, you don't have to come riding in on your white horse to defend any and every perceived slight of Bill's reputation and honor. You guys, lol.
Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF

Do you think the coach kept them motivated when they were winning Super Bowls? Or when Tom Jackson said they hate him? Nope. That's all on the players. Trent Brown is right were Adaius Thomas was in 2009. The difference is Bill isn't going to be here to rebuild after this **** ass season. Neither will Brown.

If anything, Brown's ******** shows me there's no one in the locker room to call him out. @grux is correct. 6.5m should have been enough to keep the guy pointed in the right direction. clearly, he's not motivated by money.

Dante took a large step further but he also got lead into it by Miguel and you know it.
Did you even read that imbecile's story on barstool?

He quoted Miguel's original tweet:

Then he quoted Miguel's followup, which Miguel likely posted to clarify the first one:

He ran with the first tweet. So, in a nutshell - his story completely ignores the tweet clarifying Brown's incentives, which clearly shows that Brown failed to meet the 65% $750K bonus by being benched against the Bills, NOT $6.5 Million.

Once Dante ignored this fact & posted his story with that BS headline, he showed his true colors. He willfully ignored the truth to get some clicks. F' him.

"Mike Giardi of Boston Sports Journal offered a deeper dive on the issues with Brown in the aftermath of Sunday’s game. The tackle missed most of November with multiple injuries, and Giardi reported that internally the Patriots thought he could have come back faster than he did, but “the belief was that he was protecting himself and his future earnings in a season without the promise of a postseason.”

This is why I side with the players against Management. We've heard this before from multiple players (Gronk, Gilly, Bailey, Cam, etc.), that the Pats FO doesn't care about players health. I honestly don't trust the Pats FO and don't blame a player that tries to protect their bodies since it's their only source of income. Pats will simply cut these guys once their bodies give out not giving 2 ****s about their future.

Did you even read that imbecile's story on barstool?

He quoted Miguel's original tweet:

Then he quoted Miguel's followup, which Miguel likely posted to clarify the first one:

He ran with the first tweet. So, in a nutshell - his story completely ignores the tweet clarifying Brown's incentives, which clearly shows that Brown failed to meet the 65% $750K bonus by being benched against the Bills, NOT $6.5 Million.

Once Dante ignored this fact & posted his story with that BS headline, he showed his true colors. He willfully ignored the truth to get some clicks. F' him.

That's the point I read both real quick and both used the shock value of 6.5 Miguel was the original source too so they both suck in this case.

"Mike Giardi of Boston Sports Journal offered a deeper dive on the issues with Brown in the aftermath of Sunday’s game. The tackle missed most of November with multiple injuries, and Giardi reported that internally the Patriots thought he could have come back faster than he did, but “the belief was that he was protecting himself and his future earnings in a season without the promise of a postseason.”

This is why I side with the players against Management. We've heard this before from multiple players (Gronk, Gilly, Bailey, Cam, etc.), that the Pats FO doesn't care about players health. I honestly don't trust the Pats FO and don't blame a player that tries to protect their bodies since it's their only source of income. Pats will simply cut these guys once their bodies give out not giving 2 ****s about their future.
But it’s not players vs mgmt this time. Giardi quotes fellow players who are critical of him:
Giardi then cited an anonymous player, who told him, “A lot of us — almost all — are fighting for each other and for pride, even though the results aren’t what any of us want. It sucks that not everyone is willing to put it out there. I hope people who sign the checks are paying attention.”
You’re being disingenuous trying to turn this into management exploiting players when other players in the same locker room, playing for the same management don’t see it that way.

But it’s not players vs mgmt this time. Giardi quotes fellow players who are critical of him:

You’re being disingenuous trying to turn this into management exploiting players when other players in the same locker room, playing for the same management don’t see it that way.
Right, because we believe Giardi's sources when it's convenient but he's a hack when its not.

Look, the fact is nobody knows what went on with his injuries. Did that player or Giardi look at the medical records? No? OK, then all we have is conjecture. We do know that several past players had issues playing based on what Pats medical staff said and they disagreed with that medical staff, getting their own opinions. We know this because its been published. I'm not saying that Trent wasn't dogging it, but there's always more to every story and the Pats love to leak their side to the media to make themselves look better when there's issues with a player. We've also witnessed that happening.

That's the point I read both real quick and both used the shock value of 6.5 Miguel was the original source too so they both suck in this case.

Where does Miguel's second tweet even hint at $6.5 Million? That 2nd tweet made it clear that the most Brown could earn was the 65% bonus, which was only $750K. Given how Miguel tweeted that about 45 minutes after the first, I would guess that he realized that the way he wrote that first one could be misinterpreted. He was not wrong.

Where does Miguel's second tweet even hint at $6.5 Million? That 2nd tweet made it clear that the most Brown could earn was the 65% bonus, which was only $750K. Given how Miguel tweeted that about 45 minutes after the first, I would guess that he realized that the way he wrote that first one could be misinterpreted. He was not wrong.
I don't know I only read the first one

Correct, this wasn't Trent's first year with the team. Bill knew about Trent's ups and downs. Yet, he failed to get the most out of him. This is Belichick's failure as a HC. You can't give Bill praise for supposedly having players playing hard for him and then a pass for those that don't.
thats bull **** spin and you know it

Its on the players to play hard, to try. And a majority do.

Trent Brown loafed his way thru the season and got scratched. Stop defending the putz

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back