PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just added NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaBrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Hey guys, thought I would share my experience with Crapcast today! I called them up to add NFLN, turns out its 10 bucks a month extra (pretty rediculous). Thats all because I can't just add sports tier instead it has to be digital plus package or something...

Anyways I had a thought, the channel took like 5 minutes to add and the girl told me I can get rid of this package anytime. So maybe we (Crapcast users) can just add NFLN only when we want to watch it. Like thursday games or when pats replay is on.

F%$@ with Crapcast like they f$#% with us!

I'm already on digital plus or whatever, did they say how much it is for just the sports package or did they just total it up for you to the extra $10 a mo? I'm waiting till the last possible minute but I may break before next weekend :mad: ..........or I may just switch to dish ;)

I got sick of crapcast and moved over to the Dish....NFL Network is included in multiple base packages:D

Last edited:
I got sick of crapcast and moved over to the Dish....NFL Network is included in multiple base packages:D

That's what I did and it's cheaper to boot.

Yeah it totaled up to $10 extra, I think its $50 overall. I would def get sat TV probably directtv, but I can't right now because I live in an apartment and it is facing the wrong side :( Chances are I will be moving next May to another place and satellite TV would be one of the major decision factors :D

How much you guys pay for directv or dish?

As 10 dollars is not enough for them, I just received a letter stating that the HD DVR is going up 3 dollars. That's a 30% increase from before..
The equipment isn't new, the service isn't new.. WHy the increase..

Before the years out, they are definitely going up on their basic price..

Direct Tv or Verizon Fios is looking like an option..

I've had Dish Network for years, this area I live in has been hit by 2 category 4 storms in the past 3 years and not once has the equipment failed (unlike routine cable outages). I pay $101 for the basics plus the HBO package and get NFLN and 3 dish receivers.

The down side of it is that Dish Network doesn't get NFL Season Ticket but for around $1 a month I do get WSBK 38 out of Boston which shows the Patriots 5th Quarter after most games.

I had directv and paid less for much more than I am now for comcast. I only lost reception in severe thunderstorms when the humidity was high.

The only reason I switched was because we moved to a new home with a nature reserve behind it where the trees are too tall for me to get a clear sightline for the southern sky. I would switch back in a second.

Fellers,

yeah, I'm stuck with ComCast as well. I hate those B@ssids. You can NEVER talk to anyone in the local office, you get routed to their central "customer" center in wherever the hell they put it. I wanted to get two new remotes for the televisions. the ones that came with the service some 5 years ago have worn out. They told me that I had to go to the local office to get them, but that's an $11.00 cab ride each way. I asked them if they couldn't just have one of their techs drop a couple off when he was in the area. They said sure, no sweat, but it'd be $50.00 for a "service call". Well, I'll give 'em a "service call" alright.

Whenever Verizon gets their Fios service up here I'll be switching in a heartbeat. I'd love to have DishTV or any other system like that, but i also cannot get a line of sight to the sattelite from where I live. There's all these big buildings and cranes, etc, in the way.

Did I mention just how much I hate ComCast? :mad:

Respects,

I have direct TV and NFL sunday ticket.

The first time I signed up for Sunday ticket, it was $79 a month AND you got all the channels free. This yr they want $250 for Sunday Ticket on top of the $80 I pay for 1 dvr 3 regular receivers and our package is $51 and $12 for HBO.

Direct TV is cheaper though than cable, which I had in VA and it sucked!

Dish Network is cheaper than Direct TV, but no sunday ticket.

The only reason I switched was because we moved to a new home with a nature reserve behind it where the trees are too tall for me to get a clear sightline for the southern sky. I would switch back in a second.

Are you sure? I was told the same thing by one installer, but then another installer told me I could put up a tripod on my roof and clear the trees--it's working fine. My tripod is about 5 feet tall but he said they can go much higher if necessary.

Ha...I just added NFL Network to my Comcast because they now have it in HD!! It is channel 853 for those with HD capability.
The new sports tier package is $4.99 per month for 3 months then jumps to $7.99.

I also have DirectTV - a MUST for the NFL Sunday ticket.

SO, here I am with both Comcast & DTV spending a goodly amount of cash every month!!

Good thing I don't have a lot of vices, a guy could go broke.

Are you sure? I was told the same thing by one installer, but then another installer told me I could put up a tripod on my roof and clear the trees--it's working fine. My tripod is about 5 feet tall but he said they can go much higher if necessary.

Yes, it is in a condo complex, we cannot put anything on the roof or the side of the condo. We can attach things to our deck but it would not clear the trees, even with their highest pole. They came out to try. Trust me. I did NOT want to go back to Comcast. Then when I did have to switch back, I was without tv for over a month because they couldn't get out to me. I have family who work for them and she couldn't override the system to get me an earlier appointment eventhough there were openings.

My other big Comcast gripe (while we are ranting) is that their website lists other sports subscription packages that I would be interested in such as the college basketball full court that I had with DirecTv. It is on their site but it is not available in almost any area of New England. Why advertise it then? I can get the soccer package though if I want...:rolleyes:

At least you guys dont have Cablevision. I have no idea if they'll ever get NFLN. I have it on my Sprint phone though, lol. I have IO Digital through Cablevision in NYC.

I had cable, had dish network (when i rented a room before i got married) and now we have had directv for 4 years. I will never go back to cable or dish. Directv is great, especially for us transplants because we can get the pats, sox, bruins, and c's if we want. I have only had the sat go out maybe once a year in a brutal storm, and it's not out long...my in-laws cable goes out more often and for longer periods. (not to mention even "digital cable" isn't digital on all channels like directv)

I think i pay around $50 for 2 tv's, tivo, ect...(free install, equipment, ect...) get directv, you won't be disappointed.:rocker:

I had cable, had dish network (when i rented a room before i got married) and now we have had directv for 4 years. I will never go back to cable or dish. Directv is great, especially for us transplants because we can get the pats, sox, bruins, and c's if we want. I have only had the sat go out maybe once a year in a brutal storm, and it's not out long...my in-laws cable goes out more often and for longer periods. (not to mention even "digital cable" isn't digital on all channels like directv)

I think i pay around $50 for 2 tv's, tivo, ect...(free install, equipment, ect...) get directv, you won't be disappointed.:rocker:

Can you get all the sox/Celtics games with the FSN package? I would get DirecTv in a heartbeat with the NFL package if I could get the games....

At least with Comcast you have the option to get the NFLN. Not so with lame-ass Charter. I'm getting the Dish on 8-22. I'm getting the "choice" package which will be $60 a month for two TVs, one with DVR.

* I normally pay $72.98 a month for Direct TV and get HBO and Starz channels with it and local channels. For the next 4 months it's 118.78 because of the NFL Ticket charge which comes to $183.20 this year.

Can you get all the sox/Celtics games with the FSN package? I would get DirecTv in a heartbeat with the NFL package if I could get the games....

No the games on sports network package get blacked out unless they are your local teams. You need to purchase the individual sports packages to get the games for teams out of your local area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back