PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Junior Seau stats....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I guess I can see the Seau signing if it is for sporadic help to spell the primary LB's.....but don't think of Junior coming in and playing every down. The guy played 15 games in the past 2 years in Miami and was marginal in his time there at best.......Prior to that his career was trailing off in San Diego. In all reality, he should have stayed retired in SD in my honest opinion......

Junior Seau was a good LB in his prime (even true Charger fans will tell you he was more "flash" dancing around after every tackle.....than he was devestating).....at this stage of his career, and with his injury history don't expect him to play a full season.....and don't expect him to contribute much more than a sporadic role player......and you will be happy......and like one guy said....even as washed up as he probably is....he is still better than Beisel....;)

GO PATS!!! IN BB we trust.......

sorry.....here is the link to the stats http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=213

Last edited:
i expect him to play 1 down maximum not more then 2 downs / serie

i'm sure BB knows also that Seau is 37 now; both parts understand that he has to play not much but when needed

i'm looking forward to see him in action and, as allready said, i hope he will be the 'new' Phifer or Cox

italianpatthepatriot said:
i expect him to play 1 down maximum not more then 2 downs / serie

i'm sure BB knows also that Seau is 37 now; both parts understand that he has to play not much but when needed

i'm looking forward to see him in action and, as allready said, i hope he will be the 'new' Phifer or Cox

Just as BB knew Willie was 35 and limited his play so much last year ;) . BB will assess and slot him to the best of Junior's ability to contibute to this team on a game by game basis.

IF - he stays healthy, he will be as devasatating as ever, remember, he has an amazing DL in front of him this year.

NEM said:
I think we will see a Harrison/Dillon/Phifer type of resurgance out of Seau. It's the New England Air.....:D[/QUOTE

I hope you are right NEM......by the way how is the arizona air? Never been there......

I think he will be a versatile LB'er. He may play in the middle, but he was always a good pass rusher. If the Pats rush Seau & Vrabel, along with Seymour, Colvin & Warren on a pass play, no way they can block that much talent coming at them. I always dreamed of a Bears 1985 type pass rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft