PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Judge tosses Lawsuit against Brady & Patriots..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Perhaps this is his constitutional right or displays the need for tort reform, without regard some crazed fan from Penn filed a three page handwritten motion(complete with spelling errors) in January to sue Brady and the Patriots for 25 Million and to stop them from playing in SB 49.... yesterday a Judge threw it out.

Guess the fan did not know how to fast track his motion..

Would have liked to have read the actual motion, but not able to find it.. the crazy train stopped at the station. the tweets bring a smile.

http://nesn.com/2015/06/judge-dismisses-fans-crazy-court-motion-against-tom-brady-patriots/

A federal judge today dismissed a motion from a fan who filed an injunction Jan. 26 to stop the Patriots from playing in Super Bowl XLIX.

LOL. My favorite part:

Bob McGovern's tweet reads:

Also from this motion (which is pure gold): Robert Kraft has fooled us into "believing his version of macaroni and cheese" is best.

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese IS the best, my friend!!! I know it has nothing to do with the Patriots' Robert Kraft, but I will not allow Kraft Mac & Cheese to be slurred!!!!

Drat. Really wanted this one to go to court.

There are some really crazy people out there but what's crazier is people who have successfully sued and won for cases like 80 year old woman accidentally spilling hot coffee on herself. Wtf is wrong with this country.

What are your guesses? Colts, Broncos, Seahawks, or Jets fan?

There's something wrong when people can file frivolous lawsuits like this (the ones brought by a former Rams player and a Jets fan in 2008 also come to mind) while Kraft, who actually has an argument that he and his team have been treated unfairly, has no legal options.

What are your guesses? Colts, Broncos, Seahawks, or Jets fan?

Fireman-Ed.jpg

There are some really crazy people out there but what's crazier is people who have successfully sued and won for cases like 80 year old woman accidentally spilling hot coffee on herself. Wtf is wrong with this country.
I wish people would stop referencing that case as if she got paid a ton of money for ruined dry cleaning.

".........." [Mod: Quote deleted because of lack of link - website legal issues]

McDonald's was negligent, and the woman only sought $20k for her medical expenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness, I can finally sleep easy tonight knowing this lawsuit isn't looming over the team anymore!

Because people don't know the facts of that case because slimeball corporations and insurance companies distort them as part of PR campaigns.

The classic one is the old lady (Stella Liebeck) who spilled coffee on her lap and sued McDonalds. What most people don't realize is Mc D's coffee was excessively hot, they were using cheap crappy cups, and the poor old lady suffered 3rd degree lap burns and required skin grafting. The final verdict was reduced by the trial judge to about $640k and it settled for an undisclosed amount during the appeals process.

I wish people would stop referencing that case as if she got paid a ton of money for ruined dry cleaning.

"........"

McDonald's was negligent, and the woman only sought $20k for her medical expenses.
Looks like you beat me to it.

I'm a trial lawyer. I can't tell you how many times during jury selection on a case where I represent a widow, orphan, or some poor guy with a lifelong disability, I get some prospective juror asshat who has to bring up the McDonalds coffee case.

"........."

Actually she used the McDonald's drive thru but had an old pick-up with no drink holders or any place to put the coffee. So yeah, she put the coffee between her legs and when she took off the compression of her legs popped the lid off.

Scalding coffee and bad choices cause pain.

".........."

Thanks Fixit, though I doubt that this will end the misrepresenting of this case. Those refusals, and the fact that others had complained about the temp of the coffee, are what pissed the jury off and McD's deserved the judgment it received.

"..........."

Please, that's completely frivolous. 180 degrees is a very typical temperature. It's supposed to be brewed 195-205 so if course fresh coffee is hot. The extent of her injury does not somehow make McDonalds responsible. She could have tripped over the step, hit her head and died and it would not have been negligent step making simply because the injury sounds bad. I'm sure some people think it would, but FFS, coffee is hot, everybody knows it. There's absolutely no difference why McDonald's should be any more responsible than Lowes is for selling a knife to someone who cuts themselves. Life has some inherent dangers, the world isn't responsible for holding everyone's hands. People need to act like adults.

Please, that's completely frivolous. 180 degrees is a very typical temperature. It's supposed to be brewed 195-205 so if course fresh coffee is hot. The extent of her injury does not somehow make McDonalds responsible. She could have tripped over the step, hit her head and died and it would not have been negligent step making simply because the injury sounds bad. I'm sure some people think it would, but FFS, coffee is hot, everybody knows it. There's absolutely no difference why McDonald's should be any more responsible than Lowes is for selling a knife to someone who cuts themselves. Life has some inherent dangers, the world isn't responsible for holding everyone's hands. People need to act like adults.

Oooookay. I'm still going with "spilled coffee means new pants = my fault" and "spilled coffee means skin grafts = corporate negligence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST