PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Josh Uche back on 1 year deal

Yup we had one X-factor who helped cover up the cracks in the wall - TB12. I know some fans hate him now because he left. But the way BB treated him, and was slowly destroying the offense around him, I can't blame him. And for TB12 to win a championship outside of Foxboro kinda says it all about who was the real driving force behind all those Patriots championships.
Without a doubt TB12 was the difference maker. But even he couldn't do it all by himself.

In the beginniing of that stretch the Patriots still had Gronk, Edelman, Blount and a solid o-line: Solder-Mankins-Wendell-Connolly-Vollmer. There was also a stout defense that included Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Collins, Hightower, Talib, Gregory and McCourty.

Even at the end of the stretch the offense had a backfield of Michel, White, Burkhead and Develin; Gronk, Edelman, Gordon, Hogan and White catching the ball; and an o-line of Brown-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Cannon. The defense only had one pro bowler (Gilmore), but there was not a single weak spot on that unit.

It took a while, but the bad drafting eventually took it's toll. As a fan I was able to brush off the previous occasional whiffs - for example the 2008 draft. After Mayo the next picks were 2.62 Terrance Wheatley, 3.78 Shawn Crable, 3.94 Kevin O'Connell and 4.129 Jonathan Wilhite. At the time I could rationalize that all teams have some draft misses, it's not that big of a deal - because the team kept winning.

However, there is no rationalizing or condoning the stretch of drafts outlined above. Drafting badly in one year is not unusual. Drafting that badly for that many consecutive years is unacceptable; it guarantees your team will be one of the worst in the league, and in for a long rebuild.

It's just a silly quote... Jamie Collins became the highest paid ILB in football, Chandler Jones got close to 100 million, Thuney got 90 million, JimmyG became the highest paid player in the entire NFL.... they had good players, they got priced out.

In the time since the Patriots drafted Duran Harmon they played in four Super Bowls and won three of them. Relevant?

It's a dumb meaningless factoid... it's Patriots rage bait.
No one is disputing that, but it’s not a quote, it’s true, the only player drafted in the third round or higher that was signed to a second contract was Harmon up until the two players signed this week and Dugger was given the tag, jmt57 even listed out the players resigned and not resigned.

I don’t think it was brought up as an insult to Bill or no one is saying that Thuney, and others that left sucked, just an interesting piece of information. When I heard this back in September or October it wasn’t on local sports radio it was on Moving the Chains on NFL radio.

Without a doubt TB12 was the difference maker. But even he couldn't do it all by himself.
Agree.
In the beginniing of that stretch the Patriots still had Gronk, Edelman, Blount and a solid o-line: Solder-Mankins-Wendell-Connolly-Vollmer. There was also a stout defense that included Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Collins, Hightower, Talib, Gregory and McCourty.
Steve Gregory? Their defense was pretty bad until Talib was traded for. Took another step forward with the signing in 2014.
Even at the end of the stretch the offense had a backfield of Michel, White, Burkhead and Develin; Gronk, Edelman, Gordon, Hogan and White catching the ball; and an o-line of Brown-Thuney-Andrews-Mason-Cannon. The defense only had one pro bowler (Gilmore), but there was not a single weak spot on that unit.
2018 is when the cracks started to show. That team was not better than the 2017 team that lost the Super Bowl. That reminds me of what Troy Aikman said about the 1995 team that won. He said 1994 was better that lost in the NFCCG to the 49ers.

Little Joshie Uche sucks - absolutely ****ing SUCKS - without Judon.

I would’ve taken that 5th-rounder which at least one team offered for him at the trade deadline; but ****ing Billy…

And there’s No ****ing Way that I would’ve re-signed him for One ****ing Penny more than the vet minimum.

Little Joshie Uche sucks - absolutely ****ing SUCKS - without Judon.

I would’ve taken that 5th-rounder which at least one team offered for him at the trade deadline; but ****ing Billy…

And there’s No ****ing Way that I would’ve re-signed him for One ****ing Penny more than the vet minimum.
Good to see you back!

The fascinating thing is that he’s never played 35% of the defensive snaps in a season. Even his 11.5 sack 2022 season wouldn’t have earned any of the sack incentives because he only played just over 33% of the snaps.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back