PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh has decided to NOT interview for Head Coach opps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm truly happy of this news. Great! :)

Actually, wasn't he rumored to be at/near the top of the list for the Joakland job last year?

[And on a side note--who would you rather see coaching the team in, say, 2025--Josh McDaniels or Mike Vrabel? :) ]

McDaniels HC, Vrabel defensive coordinator. :D

Agreed, and also, he has Brady, Moss, et al to run his play-calls. I think he also looked at Mangina and realized, that maybe, jsut maybe, in his early thrities he still has stuff to learn. Using BB and Brady to do so isn 't a bad gig...
Hmm. I wonder if coaching the best will make it difficult down the road for him to coach mediocre players, like great baseball or football players don't generally make good managers/coaches. Simple solution: just stay with the Patriots all of his career!

Last edited:
Slight glich: The NFL Network now clarifying that McDaniels now ls not available to be interviewed for a head coaching job UNTIL AFTER THIS POSTSEASON. A big difference from earlier reports that the young coordinator ruled himself out of consideration for an NFL head coaching job for the upcoming 2008 NFL season.

Slight glich: The NFL Network now clarifying that McDaniels now ls not available to be interviewed for a head coaching job UNTIL AFTER THIS POSTSEASON. A big difference from earlier reports that the young coordinator ruled himself out of consideration for an NFL head coaching job for the upcoming 2008 NFL season.

Doesn't matter...the quote in a statement released by McDaniels says

"I am very grateful for the chance to interview for NFL head coaching positions, but I have decided not to pursue those opportunities at this time," McDaniels, 31, said in a statement Thursday. "I plan to focus all my attention on our postseason preparation."

Doesn't matter...the quote in a statement released by McDaniels says

"I am very grateful for the chance to interview for NFL head coaching positions, but I have decided not to pursue those opportunities at this time," McDaniels, 31, said in a statement Thursday. "I plan to focus all my attention on our postseason preparation."

That statement doesn't sound like a guy who is all that interested in interviewing for a head coaching job. The two Dallas assistants will be interviewed by Atlanta tomorrow. Weei reported today that the Ravens are now going after Cowher too.

Nice to hear that he's staying and the coaching staff maintains some stability. So how does one get into the NFL coaching game so young? It's amazing he was QB coach at 29 (maybe younger) and O-coordinator when he's barely 30.

HMMMM Could it be that Josh has some inside info on the status of one Randy Moss's contract???

I'm a little surprised he didn't interview with one of them just for the experience. But that may be an indication he is truly in no rush to get on with his NFL career...

Nobody wants the Atlanta job, although some shmuck will eventually take it. If Bisciotti is making a hard run at Cowher, it's because even he understands that his Ravens locker room will be difficult to manage. And Ozzie hasn't exactly been a wizard at identifying viable offensive personnel.

When you sign on to be a HC you have to look at the whole organization because you will be held responsible for what transpires on your watch even if you don't have anything approaching autonomy. That was what Bill tried to explain to an egocentric rookie DC...

good job McDaniels...not bad...

i mean really...its not like there isnt a HC position open EVERY year...so if he doesnt interview this yr, he has the chance again next yr....

but i congradulate his decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back