PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonas Gray Released [9/14 Update - This Time By Dolphins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Rob. You know better than some of the others claiming he had only one good game.

3 out of the 4 games BB let him carry the rock more than 6 times, the kid averaged over 5 yds per carry.

He averaged over 4.6 for the season.

Productive player
$510,000 salary
Thin position behind a "shaky" character player (big rb)

He had two good games last year. Indy and Chicago. He had 412 yards in total for the season and 287 of them came in those two games. I guess you can throw in Miami too. Those three games skew his per yard average.

When he faced good run defenses like the Jets (0.8 YPC) and Broncos (2.8 YPC), he was shut down.

The guy carried the rock 89 times last year. He did well against a few bad run defenses. He is a JAG. He is replaceable.

He had two good games last year. Indy and Chicago. He had 412 yards in total for the season and 287 of them came in those two games. I guess you can throw in Miami too. Those three games skew his per yard average.

When he faced good run defenses like the Jets (0.8 YPC) and Broncos (2.8 YPC), he was shut down.

The guy carried the rock 89 times last year. He did well against a few bad run defenses. He is a JAG. He is replaceable.

The Broncos (2.8 ypc) was his only bad game where he got an OPPORTUNITY.

3 out of 4 games where he carried more than 6 times, he avged over 5ypc.

He was $510,000 at a very thin position (big rb) where we don't even have one for the opening game.

Would have been nice to see what he could have done if he was actually given the opportunity. Now we have to just pray for Blount.

I still haven't seen anything official saying Gray was released. NFL.COM doesn't haven't among the listed cuts.

He was awesome in blowouts and preseason.

The Broncos (2.8 ypc) was his only bad game where he got an OPPORTUNITY.

3 out of 4 games where he carried more than 6 times, he avged over 5ypc.

He was $510,000 at a very thin position (big rb) where we don't even have one for the opening game.

Would have been nice to see what he could have done if he was actually given the opportunity. Now we have to just pray for Blount.

They don't need one opening night. The Steelers' pass defense is awful. Brady could throw for 8 TDs that night against a defense, that even when it is good, he always carves apart. They can get by with Bolden, Lewis, and White if they have to.

And Gray is easily replaceable. People forget that in the two games Blount played vs. the Colts he had 314 yards and 7 TDs. Gray's production vs. the Colts is irrelevant. and Miami and Chicago were 21st and 22nd in run defense on YPC. Both had mediocre at best run defenses.

They don't need one opening night. The Steelers' pass defense is awful. Brady could throw for 8 TDs that night against a defense, that even when it is good, he always carves apart. They can get by with Bolden, Lewis, and White if they have to.

I have yet to see the Pittsburgh Steelers secondary play this year.

I hope you're right, because at this moment we have only 1 healthy WR who has ever played more than 15 NFL games in his career (oddly enough that is the oft injured Amendola).

I have yet to see the Pittsburgh Steelers play this year.

I hope you're right, because at this moment we have only 2 healthy WR's who have ever played a game in the NFL.

Three. Four if your count Cadet.

I have yet to see the Pittsburgh Steelers secondary play this year.

I hope you're right, because at this moment we have only 1 healthy WR who has ever played more than 15 NFL games in his career (oddly enough that is the oft injured Amendola).

Here is a good write up about their last year defense and they didn't do a lot to improve it this offseason:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...e-pittsburgh-steelers-defense-to-former-units

If the Steelers didn't have a great offense last year, they would have been awful. That is why the Ravens blew them out in the first round of the playoffs when the Steelers lost Bell before that game.

Here is a good write up about their last year defense and they didn't do a lot to improve it this offseason:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...e-pittsburgh-steelers-defense-to-former-units

That's great - - a healthy Edelman, Amendola, Lafell and Dobson would carve them up with the threat of a running game from two big backs.

I hope a healthy Amendola, Dobson, a returning from injury Edelman and inexperienced Harper without ANY available big back running game can too.

That's great - - a healthy Edelman, Amendola, Lafell and Dobson would carve them up with the threat of a running game from two big backs.

I hope a healthy Amendola, Dobson, a returning from injury Edelman and inexperienced Harper without ANY available big back running game can too.

You forgot Gronk and Chandler. Their starting safeties look to be a 33 year old fading Will Allen and journeyman Mel Mitchell (although he had one good year when he was with the Panthers). I don't even know if they need their full compliment of WRs. I don't think the Steelers have an answer for Gronk and Chandler.

Don't care. I honestly could care less about Jonas Gray. He contributed zero to last years success.

Blount Force Trauma.

I felt that Gray was a better RB than Blount, but honestly both are replaceable. I am excited to see a backfield with White and Lewis. A lineup with White, Lewis, Edelman, Gronk and Chandler sounds very appealing.

It doesn't really matter IMO.

We are best in a spread, fast paced offense.

Brady carved up Seattle's D when we did that.

And the one series Brady looked like Brady in the pre-season was in a hurry up.

Put your best player in the best position to be successful.

It makes sense to keep more RBs who fit into that system.

We only need one short yardage hammer.

It doesn't really matter IMO.

We are best in a spread, fast paced offense.

Brady carved up Seattle's D when we did that.

And the one series Brady looked like Brady in the pre-season was in a hurry up.

Put your best player in the best position to be successful.

It makes sense to keep more RBs who fit into that system.

We only need one short yardage hammer.

.....and what happens if he gets hurt or smokes a joint?

Three. Four if your count Cadet.
He wrote about Healthy WRs, and Crapdet doesn't count for a goddamn thing.

Jonas my Brother >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crapdet.

I would not be at all surprised to see Jonas back on the PS. Lets see what the roster looks like tomorrow.

I would not be at all surprised to see Jonas back on the PS. Lets see what the roster looks like tomorrow.

If they thought so highly of Jonas over a 29 year old reefer-puffer of a RB with an expiring deal at the end of the season they would have kept him.

The Jonas Gray Era in Foxboro is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday