PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Daniels charted the production of QBs and receivers and defensive passing plays during OTAs and minicamp

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I get it is OTAs and minicamp and these stats are mostly useless, but I figured I would post them anyway since Mark Daniels took the time to compile them.

Here’s a look at the Patriots quarterback stats:

CompAttPercentINT
Mac Jones819387%2
Bailey Zappe669173%2
Trace McSorley192966%1

Here’s a look at the Patriots top 10 pass catchers this spring:

Receptions
Mike Gesicki17
Ty Montgomery15
Pierre Strong14
Anthony Firkser14
Hunter Henry13
Rhamondre Stevenson10
Tre Nixon10
DeVante Parker9
Kevin Harris9
Kendrick Bourne8
Here’s a look at the defensive passing stats from this spring:

INTPBUs
Jack Jones12
Marte Mapu11
Kyle Dugger10
Jalen Mills10
Brad Hawkins10
Jabrill Peppers03
Joshuah Bledsoe02
Mack Wilson02
Christian Barmore02
Ja’Whaun Bentley01
Christia Gonzalez01
Quandre Mosley01
Isaiah Bolden01
Ameer Speed01
Josh Uche01
Deatrich Wise01

interesting-batman.gif

interesting that the top 6 in receptions are 3 RBs and 3 TEs

Agree. With Juju out and Tyquan missing some time I guess it makes sense. I had no idea Strong and Firkser had that many...that's a good sign IMO (I have Firkser on the 53 as an HB).

I just realized no Lee. He's had some receptions for sure. He's not even on the Patriots unofficial depth chart.

Last edited:
WR Tre Nixon stands out also TE Firkser and RB Strong. Bourne is a little on the low end also Parker. Third Down RB seems more than solved this year RB Kevin Harris could be a pleasant surprise.

Agree. With Juju out and Tyquan missing some time I guess it makes sense. I had no idea Strong and Firkser had that many...that's a good sign IMO (I have Firkser on the 53 as an HB).

I just realized no Lee. He's had some receptions for sure. He's not even in the Patriots unofficial depth chart.
To give it some context Firkser and Nixon got most of their reps and production playing on the second team with Zappe.

Last edited:
To give it some context Frisker and Thornton got most of their reps and production playing on the second team with Zappe.
So both first and second teams were throwing primarily to TEs and RBs?

To give it some context Frisker and Thornton got most of their reps and production playing on the second team with Zappe.
Did T Thornton even make the list??

I just realized no Lee. He's had some receptions for sure. He's not even on the Patriots unofficial depth chart.
Anthony Firkser could be a very effective player for us the Defense can't cover everybody. :cool:

My fault, haven't had my coffee yet, meant to say Nixon and need to learn how to spell Firkser. Fixed post.
Cool no problem if Tre Nixon brings it he could make a Bourne or Parker expendable. Nixon was close last year but had the dropsies later in TC.

With no juju, Thornton and boutee. The WR depth is really stretched thin.. for me I already know our defense is elite.. the only thing I need to see from our D is can we contain elite offenses. I feel alot more confident with gonzo at CB1 that we can.

I read that the WRs issues were precaution measures especially with juju and his injury history.

Can't wait for the real deal come big boy camp in July!

WR Tre Nixon stands out also TE Firkser and RB Strong. Bourne is a little on the low end also Parker. Third Down RB seems more than solved this year RB Kevin Harris could be a pleasant surprise.
There's going to be a mutiny on the Capn's ship if Ty Montgomery does well this year. He's on record multiple times claiming Ty is not suitable for dog meat.

No news about Douglas ???? Is he going to be the first guy to be cut and moved to PS?

There's going to be a mutiny on the Capn's ship if Ty Montgomery does well this year. He's on record multiple times claiming Ty is not suitable for dog meat.
I always liked ty Montgomery going back to NO.. only knock on him is his availability.. he got Injured week 1 last season and we lost him.. the 3rd down/scat back we've always had Brady was saved countless times going to faulk, Woodhead, sweet feet, lewis ober the years..on 3rd down especially against aggressive fronts.

Anthony Firkser could be a very effective player for us the Defense can't cover everybody. :cool:
We really have a deep, well-rounded group of weapons this year - WRs, TEs, out of the backfield, even a combo WR/RB in Montgomery. Depth and versatility everywhere. Hopkins would be the cherry on top but we don't need him really.

I always liked ty Montgomery going back to NO.. only knock on him is his availability.. he got Injured week 1 last season and we lost him.. the 3rd down/scat back we've always had Brady was saved countless times going to faulk, Woodhead, sweet feet, lewis ober the years..on 3rd down especially against aggressive fronts.

Hard to be exited for somebody who hasn't accomplished a dam thing in over FOUR years.

We really have a deep, well-rounded group of weapons this year - WRs, TEs, out of the backfield, even a combo WR/RB in Montgomery. Depth and versatility everywhere. Hopkins would be the cherry on top but we don't need him really.

Surely you can't be serious.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back