PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonas Gray Released [9/14 Update - This Time By Dolphins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this means that Cadet sticks now. I wonder if these type of backs are better for running behind our offensive line or if it means that we are going to be throwing the ball more often. In this division, kind of makes sense not to line up a big back and try and ram it down their throat. They are not the Colts. lol
Shotgun draws all day

Gray was good but, this certainly isn't a castrophy.

o_O?????

Fidel-Castro-Ernest-Hemingway1960_FullView.jpg

Says who? Still isn't reported as a cut, was initially reported then retracted.
I've got 98.5 on right now, so pardon me if anything I post is wrong. I'm just posting it as I hear it. I have had the station on all day today. They're also reporting Wayne too.

I've got 98.5 on right now, so pardon me if anything I post is wrong. I'm just posting it as I hear it. I have had the station on all day today. They're also reporting Wayne too.

So if Wayne is gone, that must be good news for Harper and Dobson!!!

weird, looks like bolden will start which is fine.
gray had one big game, i remember bolden having one a few years ago. i think it was against the bills.
he won fed ex rushing player of the week or something. lol
blount will be back in a week so i dont care

You mean the same one that we did all the time last year to Vereen on 2nd and 10 that got one yard each time? lol

Lewis. On to Cincinnati [47 carry game clip]

Neither is official according to anyone connected to the team, yet. Gray reports were retracted by all local guys as he has not yet been informed of his release and team apparently trying to trade him.

Wayne is likely cut til week 2 where his contract is no longer gtd, but as of now he simply hasn't practiced.

Neither is official according to anyone connected to the team, yet. Gray reports were retracted by all local guys as he has not yet been informed of his release and team apparently trying to trade him.

Wayne is likely cut til week 2 where his contract is no longer gtd, but as of now he simply hasn't practiced.
I hear you, strngplyr.

I think Wayne is done. He's had a great career.

Ingmar_Bergman-The_Seventh_Seal-01.jpg

I don't see them keeping Lewis, Cadet and White...and I don't know why they'd want to. Has to be someone coming in, maybe someone straight up for Gray.

You mean the same one that we did all the time last year to Vereen on 2nd and 10 that got one yard each time? lol

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.
- W. C. Fields

Guessing McDaniels didn't get the memo.

I think Wayne is done. He's had a great career.

Ingmar_Bergman-The_Seventh_Seal-01.jpg

Maybe, I still believe he can contribute more than Dola for this season, but it won't come right away. I love the things Amendola has done I just wish he'd be consistent.

FANTASTIC games here and there, some of the biggest key plays in all of the post season, whether it's TDs or crucial super-clutch 3rd down conversions, yet, he's been invisible in the PS and has played late into many games with the roster crowded with young pass catchers who won't even make the team.

Wayne cut would surprise me a bit. But TBH I'd rather keep Dobson if it comes down to that.

Sorry again. Now the word is that the trade is still a possibility with Gray. I'm just going to stop using the keyboard until something becomes truly official.

I think that Gray was a talented player, but it could be as simple as: at BB's age (63), with his 6 rings, having gone through Deflategate all year, he has decided that from now on he wants to coach players that are actually, you know, fun to coach. Smart, professional, non-knucklehead players. Who on the Patriots has been a knucklehead other than Gray and Blount? Now Gray is gone (I'm not surprised). Blount is on a super cheap contract with little or no guarantees, so it would probably be crazy to cut him. Nevertheless, if I were him, I would rent instead of buy.

In support of my Non-KnuckHead (NKH) theory (I've copied some of this from a previous post in another forum), here is who else is on the roster:

......Defensive backfield: Extremely smart, professional, non-knucklehead players. Many were drafted as "coach on the field types" known for their smarts instead of their athletic ability ...Wilson, Harmon, Richards, maybe even McCourtney (remember how the draftniks said he was a special teams player?).

Linebackers: Very, very professional, smart players.

Defensive line: Again, very professional non-knucklehead players.

Quarterbacks: A very smart professional backup and perhaps the smartest, most professional quarterback of all time starting.

Offensive Line: Professional and smart.

Receivers: Very smart (they have to be to work in the TB offense) and very professional, no knuckleheads.

Tight End: also very smart (Gronk learned the TB offense immediately) and professional (on the field). I would argue that Gronk has this "goofy" image (that he will doubtlessly make tons of money from), but he is not a knucklehead, he is a true pro, he is just smart about developing his "brand" (I bet he will be making loads of money after his football career is over).

Running Back: The only exception to the rule. One rookie knucklehead who let Sports Illustrated go to his head, overslept, and sat the rest of the year. EDIT: Now Released. Another obvious knucklehead who was not retained by the Patriots, he doubled down on being a knucklehead with the Steelers and got released, and was picked up by the Patriots for a song with almost no guaranteed money.

That is only two knuckleheads, and both could be released at any time (would anyone be surprised if either was released at some point this year?). Think of all of the other knucklehead candidates that have been released lately: Spikes (gone), Dennard (gone).

I think that BB has decided that at age 63, with six rings, he is going to coach players he actually likes and respects, smart, players. I think BB has made the Patriots (with rare exceptions) a Non-KnuckleHead Zone (except for perhaps the owner, but that is for another day).

Please feel free to flame away. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes