PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jonas Gray Released [9/14 Update - This Time By Dolphins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda thumbing their nose at the Colts by doing this too?

Well, damn. I'm surprised but I get it. The team is probably looking to keep all of Lewis, White and Cadet, and they simply had too many backs. I liked Gray, but Bolden as a change-of-pace guy behind Blount isn't the worst.

Just heard that Gray has not formally been told he's cut. A trade is apparently still a possibility.

Jackson was signed by the Seahawks.

That's why the bottom of my post had

"*Yes, I know..."

I was just referencing the Fred Jackson thread.

That's why the bottom of my post had

"*Yes, I know..."

I was just referencing the Fred Jackson thread.
I hear Fred Taylor is finally healthy. Sign da beast.

just have to see how this plays out. Still a lot of cuts to come for all 32 teams. Might be some surprising rbs out there to be had.

We all talk as if we know what offensive schemes the team is gonna go with this year. Remember guys and gals, every year, this team changes scheme wise and personnel wise. Just in the last 5 years, it has been different every year. McD and BB are always ahead of the curve in this regard. I'm super excited to see what they'll unfold.

jonas-gray-tweet.jpg

This is Jonas Gray's tweet after he was sent home from practice for showing up late. I 'BELIEVE' that is an 'available fact' that would allow some to question a persons attitude as a professional football player on a team that doesn't tolerate this sort of thing..

Was a tweet that was taken down in minutes (and let's face it, we don't know to whom that was addressed-could have been the media reaction to his being sent home) bigger than being suspended for a drug violation and leaving your team on the field during a game?

No.

We are putting all our faith on the psyche and health of LeGarrette Blount. I hope he stays healthy and responsible. He is now even more critical to the success of this team.

Let's put this in perspective. Gray had one good game against the Colts, a team that we always destroy with the running game regardless of who is running the ball. I am sure the majority of people on this forum could accumulate at least 200 yards for NE against Indy.

Well, damn. I'm surprised but I get it. The team is probably looking to keep all of Lewis, White and Cadet, and they simply had too many backs. I liked Gray, but Bolden as a change-of-pace guy behind Blount isn't the worst.

I think this means that Cadet sticks now. I wonder if these type of backs are better for running behind our offensive line or if it means that we are going to be throwing the ball more often. In this division, kind of makes sense not to line up a big back and try and ram it down their throat. They are not the Colts. lol

Let's put this in perspective. Gray had one good game against the Colts, a team that we always destroy with the running game regardless of who is running the ball. I am sure the majority of people on this forum could accumulate at least 200 yards for NE against Indy.

Wrong.

Chicago and Miami games too.

Basically, whenever BB gave him a chance.

In fact, any game they let him carry more than 12 times, he averaged over 5 yds per carry.

It's like the old Dean Smith joke about how he was the last person to keep Michael Jordan under 20 points per game.

Last edited:
Sometimes BB just seems to start ****ing hating a player. I'm not saying it's personal but there's this weird vibe I got from watching and observing BB wrt Jonas Gray that feels similar to Welker.

I think BB just doesn't like something about Gray's focus or character and out the door he goes. Let's trade him to the Colts.

I hear Fred Taylor is finally healthy. Sign da beast.

Wait, he tripped trying to put his pants on when heard the news. 6-8 weeks.

Strange if they keep Cadet over Gray considering he hasn't even practiced much. I thought Gray was an excellent depth player. Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents