PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Johnathan Joseph is not a very bright man

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way for Joseph to get "proper" perspective would to give the Patriots a home town discount and play in our secondary.

Yes, i believe that would make him a smarter, well rounded player.

'a' better team, not 'the' better team.

“For whatever reason, we didn’t advance. I still can’t put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn’t make the plays at the right time.”

As in, 'I thought we were a better team than the Texans team that took the field on Sunday.'

Nothing wrong with saying that. We've all felt it about the Patriots during their 4 losses this season.

Last edited:
'a' better team, not 'the' better team.

As in, 'I thought we were a better team than the Texans team that took the field on Sunday.'

Nothing wrong with saying that. We've all felt it about the Patriots during their 4 losses this season.

He also said this:

“Not at all,” Joseph said when asked if the gap between the Texans and Patriots isn’t that big. “Just four or five plays. You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it’s a different ballgame.”

Yes, if the Pats didn't score TDs on on four or five of their TD plays, the Texans would have won.

yeah..four or five plays...like you know...the Pats recover a fumble but the ref says he blew the fastest whistle in playoff history?? or how about the play where Foster is given the first down when his right elbow clearly hits the ground before he reaches the ball out to the marker?? that one of the plays???or the play where the out of bounds is overturned by a 1/1000th of a sec possession in bounds before he's clearly called out???you know, the play where TWO refs refused to call the blatant tackle takedown of Ninko right before their eyes?...or the play at the goal line where Foster doesn't get in but they give it to him anyway??

are these the four or five plays Joseph the Moron is talking about?

Yes, if the Pats didn't score TDs on on four or five of their TD plays, the Texans would have won.

I feel like you think you are making a master stroke here but I don't see it. Yes it was more than '4 or 5' plays but simply put the guy is saying he thinks his team is closer to the patriots as an overall team than the score would indicate.

Thinking otherwise is a loser's mentality so I'm not sure what's the hubbub other than the usual Patsfans.com moral outrage brigade at work.

"the usual Patsfans.com moral outrage brigade at work."

so...I sense this is your meme for tonight? the entire Pats fan membership is nothing but a disgusting group of disenfranchised moral outragers?...way to really fit in....

I feel like you think you are making a master stroke here but I don't see it. Yes it was more than '4 or 5' plays but simply put the guy is saying he thinks his team is closer to the patriots as an overall team than the score would indicate.

Thinking otherwise is a loser's mentality so I'm not sure what's the hubbub other than the usual Patsfans.com moral outrage brigade at work.
2 games separated by just over a month tend to suggest Joseph's words aren't particularly realistic. The Texans played as well as they possibly could have. In the end, the score flattered them.

Fact, the Texans never threatened to win that game. They threatened to make it close with their last minuted FG at the end of the half but that was quickly quashed within the first Patriot drive of the second half. They also mildly threatened to give themselves a hail mary type chance at the end. That's it! Otherwise in all the time it mattered, they were down 2 or more scores. When you are down two or more scores throughout almost the entire second half, shut your yap, you lost.

Just about any game can be said to come down to a handful of plays. That's a crybaby loser's pitch instead of facing up to the fact you got beat, plain and simple. NOBODY looks at that game and thinks "gee, the Texans were right there and just needed to convert a few more times".

BTW, as a card carrying member of the Patsfans.com "I'm better than everyone else brigade", you should know that they changed the text of article after I posted the original article title. Here is the original quote form PFT where I found the link to the article (Note Michael David Smith of PFT got the same impression):

The scoreboard may say the Patriots were better than the Texans this season, but Houston cornerback Johnathan Joseph doesn’t see it that way.

Joseph told CSNHouston.com that he still believes that the Texans are better than the Patriots, regardless of the Patriots beating the Texans 42-14 in December and 41-28 in January.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...inks-the-texans-are-better-than-the-patriots/

Now here is the article where PFT says CSNHouston changed the text of the article:

This morning I passed along a report from CSNHouston.com that quoted Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph as saying that the Texans are a better team than the Patriots, despite the Patriots beating the Texans twice. But the Texans say Joseph didn’t say that.

CSNHouston.com has now changed its story, which was initially headlined, “Joseph: Texans still better than Patriots,” to carry a headline that says, “Joseph: Gap between Texans, Pats not that big.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...seph-didnt-claim-theyre-better-than-patriots/

So you can see the "moral outrage". If you and your self righteous attitude want to attack anyone, go after CSNEHouston

Last edited:
yeah..four or five plays...like you know...the Pats recover a fumble but the ref says he blew the fastest whistle in playoff history??

and just to add to that, the director of officiating even said on the Official review segment on NFL network that the ref called forward progress too soon.

fnordcircle said:

Or an ignorant mentality...like the plays the patriots left out there on the field. If Lloyd decides to run the right route and not screw up again you don't think he gets a TD with how far behind the safeties he is? I always found it incredibly ignorant when people say they're a few plays from winning and then just completely ignore the plays the other team left on the field.

BTW, as a card carrying member of the Patsfans.com "I'm better than everyone else brigade", you should know that they changed the text of article after I posted the original article title. Here is the original quote form PFT where I found the link to the article (Note Michael David Smith of PFT got the same impression):

Johnathan Joseph thinks the Texans are better than the Patriots | ProFootballTalk

Now here is the article where PFT says CSNHouston changed the text of the article:

Texans: Johnathan Joseph didn’t claim to be better than Patriots | ProFootballTalk

So you can see the "moral outrage". If you and your self righteous attitude want to attack anyone, go after CSNEHouston

I didn't read any of the story links....just read posts. If the actual story is JJ saying the gap between the Patriots and Texans is small, there is not much of a story here. I don't agree with him based on a couple of aspects such as the mental toughness of the Texans appearing to be more than a little below that of the Patriots. Yet a Texan player after a playoff loss making that claim is not very noteworthy....IMHO.

He's an athlete and a competitive guy, so I understand his remarks. (In fairness to him, he doesn't say they were "the" better team in comparison to the Pats but that they were "a" better team than they had been in the past and that won 12 games this year vs their past performances.) He spent four or five seasons in exile on the Bungles and now is with a team that he thinks can win. I doubt many of us would have thought differently at his age and in his shoes.

But, he also shows a deluded lack of understanding of what determines the outcome of big games; he says the difference was "four or five plays." That's an enormous number of plays in this context, when games come down to one or maybe two plays (Tyree? Welker? Manningham?). Saying the difference was "four or five plays" is like saying "they outplayed us at every important turn."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft