PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Henderson and Clint Ingram released

Status
Not open for further replies.
You started preaching the "BB = right" stuff about a player without knowing the guy, so the "God forbid" comment is a bit 'unfair'. You called him a 2-gap player when he's not, for example. So, let's take a look at the guy:.

I never, ever preached that BB is right all the time. My origional post said was essentially "why not take a chance".

He was originally taken #3 overall.

He was a disappointment in Cleveland and shipped to Denver for a 4th round pick:

Article: Broncos eye DT Warren from Browns. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy

After having a decent year with the Broncos and getting a nice contract from them, he crapped the bed and got moved for almost nothing. Notice the particular issue about his game that was highlighted in the article:

Broncos trade Warren to Oakland

Broncos trade DT Gerard Warren to Raiders - USATODAY.com

He's been poor in Oakland, too, and was sharing snaps with a UFDA last season:

Raiders release former third overall pick DT Warren - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Maybe BB can make it work, but don't count on it.

The CLE and OAK regimes have zero cedibility in my book. He got with a decent program in DEN and was ok for a couple of years.

...and along the way Warren made 127 of 134 starts for 2 teams that are the armpit of the NFL w/ horrible coaching and a incompetent FOs and another whos coach put absolutely no emphasis on defense in 1 of the 3 years he was there.

No question Warren is a calculated gamble and may not pan out. But to make the assertion that I think BB does no wrong and to charaterize my posts as making GW the second coming is unfair.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Bob Kraft pony up some front-loaded un-capped year money for Henderson.

If he's not the first non-Patriot vet I've said that about this offseason, he's close to the first.

Henderson apparently didn't make his visit to KC today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe