PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Henderson and Clint Ingram released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine there will be more than one team out there offering him a better chance to start than New England.

id imagine he would be our starter at the RDE spot if signed....

Other teams might give him a better chance to start, but if we want him we can throw more money at him than some teams, and we're still in the discussion on who's contending for the superbowl, even if we haven't had the flashiest offseason. The pull of a ring might bring him here

If we do sign him who gets the pre game slap him in the face job cause that's one I wouldn't want!

Worth a look imo, he was due 11 million over the next two years

id imagine he would be our starter at the RDE spot if signed....

I'm sure he would be. It was a (very) poorly worded rebuttal to the suggestion that we bring him in as a one-year filler.

Recently had knee surgery. The Jags had tendered him and then withdrew it. I'm not sure the Jets even CAN sign him, since he's a FA.

Ingram was tendered an RFA offer and had it withdrawn today, making him an unrestricted free agent. He can re-sign with the Jags if both sides so desired.

Last edited:
Hopefully there are a couple more interesting names by days end.

Last edited:
John Henderson would be perfect as the RDE. That would give us an outstanding DL group, although someone would have to go -- either Warren or Lewis or one of the kids. You figure Pryor stays, and Brace gets another year, but as of now we have:

Wilfork
Warren
Warren
Wright
Lewis
Pryor
Brace
Richard
Deaderick
Weston
Amon Gordon
Adrian Grady

Weston and Deaderick can go to the PS, I guess, but a Henderson signing would get pretty crowded. But we could really use a guy like that.

As Don just pointed out, we've got a wholee lot of DL already. I don't see it.

There could be upside in grabbing this cat for two years, if we're targeting a long-term DE in next year's draft.
Yo Daddy-O......:D

John Henderson would be perfect as the RDE. That would give us an outstanding DL group, although someone would have to go -- either Warren or Lewis or one of the kids. You figure Pryor stays, and Brace gets another year, but as of now we have:

Wilfork
Warren
Warren
Wright
Lewis
Pryor
Brace
Richard
Deaderick
Weston
Amon Gordon
Adrian Grady

Weston and Deaderick can go to the PS, I guess, but a Henderson signing would get pretty crowded. But we could really use a guy like that.

Have to assume that BB and JAX had some conversations over JH and either the price was too high or his knee scared them off. With that, they decided to move on Warren.

Last edited:
Jaguars are one weird team....I wish we sign Henderson!!!!!!

Wish we could have gotten Leon Washington, what a perfect fit he would have been for the pats.

I've been saying that I want to see Henderson in a Pats uniform for the last couple of days now. A Warren, Wilfork, Henderson D-Line would be EXTREMELY hard to run inside on. Henderson is under contract until 2011 (one that the Jags have paid the most of) and would pretty much solve our needs at DE.

Have to assume that BB and JAX had some conversations over JH and either the price was too high or his knee scared them off. With that, they decided to move on Warren.

But any trade would mean the Patriots could only keep him at his current salary on his current contract.

So, no the Patriots are not going to be paying Henderson 12 million over the next 2 years.

We all know Henderson wants to be reunited with his homeboy Fred Taylor

As Don just pointed out, we've got a wholee lot of DL already. I don't see it.

None of whom would be a viable starter at RDE. Henderson can be.

None of whom would be a viable starter at RDE. Henderson can be.

Henderson would be an upgrade, but Lewis and Warren are certainly viable starters at RDE in the 3-4.

Based on what?

10 years of experience each in playing 2 gap fronts. It is my understanding that it is easier to go from DT to DE than DE to DT.

You act like these guys are UFAs, Deus. I don't get it.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Henderson. Hopefully this spurs on Shaun Ellis getting cut in the Jets' neverending quest to sign every name they've ever heard of, though. I'd love Shaun on our life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case