PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Henderson and Clint Ingram released

Status
Not open for further replies.
You started preaching the "BB = right" stuff about a player without knowing the guy, so the "God forbid" comment is a bit 'unfair'. You called him a 2-gap player when he's not, for example. So, let's take a look at the guy:.

I never, ever preached that BB is right all the time. My origional post said was essentially "why not take a chance".

He was originally taken #3 overall.

He was a disappointment in Cleveland and shipped to Denver for a 4th round pick:

Article: Broncos eye DT Warren from Browns. | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy

After having a decent year with the Broncos and getting a nice contract from them, he crapped the bed and got moved for almost nothing. Notice the particular issue about his game that was highlighted in the article:

Broncos trade Warren to Oakland

Broncos trade DT Gerard Warren to Raiders - USATODAY.com

He's been poor in Oakland, too, and was sharing snaps with a UFDA last season:

Raiders release former third overall pick DT Warren - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Maybe BB can make it work, but don't count on it.

The CLE and OAK regimes have zero cedibility in my book. He got with a decent program in DEN and was ok for a couple of years.

...and along the way Warren made 127 of 134 starts for 2 teams that are the armpit of the NFL w/ horrible coaching and a incompetent FOs and another whos coach put absolutely no emphasis on defense in 1 of the 3 years he was there.

No question Warren is a calculated gamble and may not pan out. But to make the assertion that I think BB does no wrong and to charaterize my posts as making GW the second coming is unfair.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Bob Kraft pony up some front-loaded un-capped year money for Henderson.

If he's not the first non-Patriot vet I've said that about this offseason, he's close to the first.

Henderson apparently didn't make his visit to KC today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes