PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Clayton reports that the Patriots and Adalius Thomas are negotiating right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: John Clayton reports that the Patriots and Adalius Thomas are negotiating right n

This was at the very begininng of sportscenter. I hope they agree to terms very soon.

I wonder what those terms will be... 5 years, 45M, 14M upfront?

49M for a guard.. anything is possible.

Re: John Clayton reports that the Patriots and Adalius Thomas are negotiating right n

BB's defensive scheme depends on good linebackers and he is trying

to eliminate a deficiency. He knows full well what happened in the

AFC championship game.

Signing Thomas will prevent the flu, stop officials from making piss poor calls, and force the offense to run the ball instead of passing and taking no time off the clock?

Hmmmmm...... who knew?

Last edited:

Did anybody else besides The Archives see this report?

I would be surprised if no one else had seen this. It was at the very beginning of the show. Michelle Bonner asks John Clayton about Adalius Thomas and Clayton said he is in negiotiations with the Pats as we speak.

Signing Thomas will prevent the flu, stop officials from making piss poor calls, and force the offense to run the ball instead of passing and taking no time off the clock?

Hmmmmm...... who knew?

Well put.

I'm sure BB had his eyes on AT long before the AFCCG. His versatility will be sick. OLB, ILB, whatever, he's going to allow BB to do some fun scheming.

I would be surprised if no one else had seen this. It was at the very beginning of the show. Michelle Bonner asks John Clayton about Adalius Thomas and Clayton said he is in negiotiations with the Pats as we speak.

Perillo was talking about this like it was a done deal on NEST.

I hope they don't jinx it...

Last edited:

Everyone was watching Dice-K pitch ;)

Its a highlight reel.....not that he isnt great but your not seeing everthing there.

Thats true, its easy to get excited over a highlight film... what about the special teams though..... the word "complete" is unavoidable.

Everyone was watching Dice-K pitch ;)

not a bad outing that double was kinda scary but all in all not bad. 3Ks

thats it I'll say no more baseball on here

He does not leave the room until he is signed to a deal. If this goes through, oh man, I don't know what I am going to do, all I know is I will be celebrating. Make it happen guys make it happen.

In all seriousness, this potential signing does concern me. This 1st day signing stuff is atypical of the Pats philosophy of going after the "money guys". Something has changed in Foxboro. I think we'd all agree that the Pats were 1-2 impact d players short vs the Dolts and that pissed off BB and the Krafts like never before. There is no question that AT is a wrecking machine. However, my gut tells me BB sees the window of opportunity as another 2-3 years max and with Thomas being 29 and most likely having 2-3 solid years left as a true impact player, maybe that is the thought process in Foxboro- which is to just go for it. Seeing that we have missed the big dance 2 years in a row, I say WHY NOT? It's not my money...:)

Hmmmmm...... who knew?
Cynic. :D ...

He does not leave the room until he is signed to a deal. If this goes through, oh man, I don't know what I am going to do, all I know is I will be celebrating. Make it happen guys make it happen.

Man, if only Jack Bauer were in that room. He'd make AT sign for whatever we want.

This was at the very begininng of sportscenter. I hope they agree to terms very soon.
Basic question: if Clayton is right, and they're negotiating, does that mean he has agreed in principle to sign with the Patriots?

I'm starting to feel tight about this. Not quite totally tight be getting tight.

In other news,NEST said that Sammy Morris was in Foxboro for a "talk".

In all seriousness, this potential signing does concern me. This 1st day signing stuff is atypical of the Pats philosophy of going after the "money guys". Something has changed in Foxboro. I think we'd all agree that the Pats were 1-2 impact d players short vs the Dolts and that pissed off BB and the Krafts like never before. There is no question that AT is a wrecking machine. However, my gut tells me BB sees the window of opportunity as another 2-3 years max and with Thomas being 29 and most likely having 2-3 solid years left as a true impact player, maybe that is the thought process in Foxboro- which is to just go for it. Seeing that we have missed the big dance 2 years in a row, I say WHY NOT? It's not my money...:)

The pats have almost 30 million in cap space. practically every major component of the team is signed long-term. both lines, the best QB in the league, etc. they have to spend that money somewhere.

what we are seeing is the result of being smart with your contracts over the long term - enough resources to make a rare splash when the time is right. i don't think this is any harbinger of NE's downfall. They simply have the money to spend and they are going to spend it.

Basic question: if Clayton is right, and they're negotiating, does that mean he has agreed in principle to sign with the Patriots?

Damnit, what a buzzkill. I just remembered Clayton is never right about anything....

would be nice if this first time ever would be right now.

Hmmmmm...... who knew?

Get over it already.....find another team to follow or better still, go root for the Red Sox. Yeeeeesh.

Damnit, what a buzzkill. I just remembered Clayton is never right about anything....

would be nice if this first time ever would be right now.
You didn't answer my question. Is there any agreement in principle? Or, is that done at all in NFL free agent negotiating? I don't know how it works. As for Clayton, just because he looks like Tweety Bird, it doesn't make him a twit-brain. :D

Get over it already.....find another team to follow or better still, go root for the Red Sox. Yeeeeesh.

I don't necessarily know the poster you are calling out, but I think his point was in reference to another person's point that saying signing AT is reactionary and due to the loss in the AFCCG. I think we can agree, that is not the case or the line of thinking on BB's behalf.

Last edited:

You didn't answer my question. Is there any agreement in principle? Or, is that done at all in NFL free agent negotiating? I don't know how it works. As for Clayton, just because he looks like Tweety Bird, it doesn't make him a twit-brain. :D

I didn't see it, I was watching Nest, and like I said Perillo was really talking about this thing like it was a done deal. Again, that could be his speculation based upon other's speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call