PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Abraham and Charles Woodson

From my observation, she dribbles endless amounts of crap on Twitter with little to no substance. She's become the new and female version of incarcerated bob (everyone's favorite bull**** artist).

aah... gotcha, thanks !

That is not a good sign. Obviously there must be a huge disconnect in numbers between us and Abraham, as well as with Tennessee.

with every team..no one wants to pay him at his age..don't blame the teams. I could care less if he doesn't come to pats or retires. I don't see him with us anyways even before this

That is not a good sign. Obviously there must be a huge disconnect in numbers between us and Abraham, as well as with Tennessee.

Well, it could be a good sign. Abraham may be coming to terms with his market value. That means he may finally accept that the Pats gave him a good market deal.

with every team..no one wants to pay him at his age..don't blame the teams. I could care less if he doesn't come to pats or retires. I don't see him with us anyways even before this

See this is where people get confused, and use age as either an excuse or a setback when most championship teams have been led by good veterans who have seen and been around and tote experience. Lets look at Willie McGinest played in the 1996 SB and helped us win in 2004. What about Rodney Harrison? 32 .. Roman Phifer? Bobby Hamilton? If you can still produce does it matter how old you are? Ed Reed, Ray Lewis? Rod Woodson came back and played for Baltimore, won a Championship and he was in his mid 30s. Every SB team has at least a handful of solid vets to lead and share experience.. not only that but the guy is still good. Look at his production, and he could also teach the emerging Chandler Jones, and Justin Francis. That could not hurt at all, and just think that he doesn't have to be used full time. That would not only keep him fresh for third downs, but others fresh as well.

Abraham would definitely make the team better. The question is value. We don't know the price. Also, we can debate whether he is a starter, a sub package
player, or a backup.

Consider whether Abraham would add more than Deaderick, Cunningham or Buchanan. Most of us have 2 of these players on the 53.

See this is where people get confused, and use age as either an excuse or a setback when most championship teams have been led by good veterans who have seen and been around and tote experience. Lets look at Willie McGinest played in the 1996 SB and helped us win in 2004. What about Rodney Harrison? 32 .. Roman Phifer? Bobby Hamilton? If you can still produce does it matter how old you are? Ed Reed, Ray Lewis? Rod Woodson came back and played for Baltimore, won a Championship and he was in his mid 30s. Every SB team has at least a handful of solid vets to lead and share experience.. not only that but the guy is still good. Look at his production, and he could also teach the emerging Chandler Jones, and Justin Francis. That could not hurt at all, and just think that he doesn't have to be used full time. That would not only keep him fresh for third downs, but others fresh as well.

Well, it could be a good sign. Abraham may be coming to terms with his market value. That means he may finally accept that the Pats gave him a good market deal.
That's correct Rob. Like Freeney, Abraham is realizing that no one is going to pay him the money he's seeking. I think now his mind set is going to be, "if I can't get the big bucks, how much TC can I afford to miss, because I'm going to go through a full TC at my age for short money". No question Abraham is going to be on someone's after missing the first 2 weeks of camp. Whether it will be the Pats is another story.

You could count me among those who felt the Abraham signing was a sure thing a month ago. Now I'm not sure. I think the Pats are going to take a long look during OTA's and the first couple of weeks of TC to see how Bequette has progressed, and how Buchanon and the NU kid from Canada look, and if Cunningham, on a contract year, can take the next step. If they like what they see, then I think they'll pass on Abraham and save the cap space for next year.

However if there are some injuries at the position or if none or most of the players mentioned don't flash something early then we will make the move. There is little risk signing him to something I believe will end up being less that $3MM/yr, just some cap flexibility next year. If we don't sign him, I'd take it as a sign the Pats feel good going with the young kids.

Abraham would definitely make the team better. The question is value. We don't know the price. Also, we can debate whether he is a starter, a sub package
player, or a backup.

Consider whether Abraham would add more than Deaderick, Cunningham or Buchanan. Most of us have 2 of these players on the 53.

He will immediately be our best pass rusher, hopefully surpassed by Jones very soon. His role will be to play every down, less the ones they take him out to be rested. I would assume that adds up to about half the 1st and 2nd downs and most all of the 3rds and 2 minute defense. Perhaps 35 snaps a game.

Guy needs to make up his mind already.

Adam Schefter Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter

Titans are discussing the possibility of signing former Falcons DE John Abraham to a deal that could be done this week.

Titans are discussing the possibility of signing former Falcons DE John Abraham to a deal that could be done this week.

be careful. half the board will select ignore on your account, even if true.

Great, another year with a crap pass rush.

If he signs with the Titans instead of the Patriots, it would leave no doubt about his priorities - almighty dollar instead of a chance at a ring. This assumes that the Patriots are still interested in him at the right price.

I really wish that we would stop criticizing every single player who chooses not to give the patriots a discount because our team is so great.

The reality is the other way around. We have no cap issues. If we wanted Abraham, we probably could have had him. Perhaps, it is still possible. Perhaps one might consider that the patriots are not willing to pay the price for Abraham.

Note that I am not questioning the team's decision one way or another.

If he signs with the Titans instead of the Patriots, it would leave no doubt about his priorities - almighty dollar instead of a chance at a ring. This assumes that the Patriots are still interested in him at the right price.

I really wish that we would stop criticizing every single player who chooses not to give the patriots a discount because our team is so great.

The reality is the other way around. We have no cap issues. If we wanted Abraham, we probably could have had him. Perhaps, it is still possible. Perhaps one might consider that the patriots are not willing to pay the price for Abraham.

Note that I am not questioning the team's decision one way or another.

So...he would sign with the Titans because of some other reason? It not really about the Patriots. I would not be critical of him if he signed with any of the other contenders...Niners, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, Giants. Going to the Titans would be a money grab...as long as he admitted that I'd be fine with the decision.

So...he would sign with the Titans because of some other reason? It not really about the Patriots. I would not be critical of him if he signed with any of the other contenders...Niners, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens, Giants. Going to the Titans would be a money grab...as long as he admitted that I'd be fine with the decision.

Or, it could be as simple as none of the contenders want him.

Why does Abraham owe you an admission of anything? He will make his choice. He will decide based on money, the cities, the team and maybe a lot of other things. And perhaps it will only be the money.

The ONLY time that I would be concerned would be if the patriots chose not to sign him at a "reasonable" amount of money.

But we'll never know Abraham's motives or what the patriots offered.

Why does Abraham owe you an admission of anything? He will make his choice. He will decide based on money, the cities, the team and maybe a lot of other things. And perhaps it will only be the money.

The ONLY time that I would be concerned would be if the patriots chose not to sign him at a "reasonable" amount of money.

But we'll never know Abraham's motives or what the patriots offered.
If Abraham signs with the Titans it's one of a few things;

1. His asking price was ridiculous.
2. The good teams laughed at his asking price and were waiting for him to come back to reality.
3. There's just not that much interest in him.

If Abraham does sign with the Titans it won't be because the Titans are Superbowl competitors, it will be because they're probably the only team offering him close to what he wants.

I'd like a veteran pass rusher added and I don't deny I'd like Abraham to be that guy. As always, it comes down to compromise.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back